Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Manila Autoshow: More Gals than Cars

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
on: April 02, 2012, 11:50:45 PM
Hot cars, hot babes  :D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Manila Autoshow: More Gals than Cars
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 11:59:42 PM
Looks like a great time!

Are there a lot of classic American muscle cars in Manila?

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 01:16:45 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

What is this brand? Don't think I've ever seen it before.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 02:13:30 AM
 :drool: that jeep is sweet!!!!!
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 04:17:05 AM
:drool: that jeep is sweet!!!!!

Agreed, I'm liking that jeep the best! :tu:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 10:33:47 AM
Nice!!
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 03:38:01 PM
Looks like a great time!

Def

Boss, I've seen a couple of Camaros, that's it. American muscle cars aren't as popular as new models
here. Filipinos don't want gas guzzling machines.

Ji, it's a Hundai Genesis Coupe 2. They customized the car and changed the logo.

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 04:12:10 PM
Your name boss! :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 05:00:49 PM
I love Land Rover Defenders.  Sadly they don't bring them into North America.

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 09:38:28 PM
Nice cars, lovely girls.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 09:43:04 PM
SS camaro  :drool:  girls nice too  :D   :tu:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 12:41:54 PM
I wonder if that SS has an orange block in it?
Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 01:48:47 PM

I wonder if its a real SS  :D

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 01:56:58 PM

Def

I see a few older ones rolling around here and they are sweet! Rover is amazing for appearing to be urban but are crazy capable off road. My buddy has  a discovery and it can drive down a river like nothing else!

Stay multi my friends

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 02:08:25 PM

Def

I see a few older ones rolling around here and they are sweet! Rover is amazing for appearing to be urban but are crazy capable off road. My buddy has  a discovery and it can drive down a river like nothing else!

Stay multi my friends

Lots here  :D  would be my first choice off roader if i had the cash, or a older landrover ,

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 06:36:58 PM

I wonder if its a real SS  :D
I did wonder that myself.  ;)
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 06:40:51 PM
Looks like a great time!

Def

Boss, I've seen a couple of Camaros, that's it. American muscle cars aren't as popular as new models
here. Filipinos don't want gas guzzling machines.

Ji, it's a Hundai Genesis Coupe 2. They customized the car and changed the logo.
When those cars where made, they where not thinking about miles to the gallon, they where thinking about horsepower, torque and a quarter mile.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 06:42:35 PM
oh yeah.....and chicks.  :D
Nate

SEND IT!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 04:10:59 AM

Def

Stay multi my friends

The car ships I work on also transport private imports, and I always drool a little when Defenders and other sweet cars come in.  A few weeks ago we had an older G class Mercedes Diesel come in- it had 300,000kms on it and looked clean enough to be in a dealer's showroom.   :drool:

I'd love to get my hands on either a Defender or a G Wagon, but I doubt I would abuse either as much as I do my Jeep as parts are much harder to come by.  Now if I was in the UK and the tables were turned (more Land Rover and/or Mercedes parts) then I would give up my Jeep in a heartbeat.

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 01:28:37 PM
Talking about older, basic models as used by the armies worldwide the old Landrovers tend to be noticeably better off road than the G-wagon, and  I am a Merc-man myself. The Land Rovers are very light which seems to help them “glide” over rough terrain, despite their basic 4x4 systems.

Now, personally, though I really would like love a new Land/Range Rover I would avoid anything over 3 years old and under 20 years old, since they have a very well deserved reputation of having problems with their electrics, gearboxes, engines (especially the diesel Fiat (I think) sourced one). Buying one where there are no cheap independent Land Rover experts or cheap parts will be financial suicide.

The older ones (20 years old plus) would have had any problems sorted by now and they will be cheaper to buy, so you can afford to cover any costs that come from inbuilt problems. They are also more basic and simpler to fix.

The newer ones are reputed to be built better and they will also have a warranty to help with costs.

Personally I would go for a Japanese 20+ year old 4x4 made by Toyota or Mitsubishi, for the Land Rover experience, without the problems.

Have a look here for more on cars not widely available in your region; pay special attention to the description of quality or potential problems.Remember these are UK based sites that have a soft spot for Land Rovers too...
I use all 3 sites often myself.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/find-a-car/land-rover/discovery/

http://www.topgear.com/uk/land-rover/defender/verdict

http://search.autoexpress.co.uk/baynote/socialsearch?query=land+rover+defender&cn=dennis&code=auto&attrFilter=make:land+rover&irFilter=bn_make:land+rover&model=defender

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 01:57:11 PM

Ok, does her makeup stop halfway down her throat, or does she just have a replaceable head? 

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 03:58:21 PM
Powernoodle- that's just creepy!

DKS- thanks for the links!  If I ever bought an old Land Rover or G-Wagon it probably wouldn't get off road too much, and when it did it probably wouldn't see too many major challenges just because the cost of repairs would probably exceed the cost of the vehicle.  It's sad, but that's the problem with being geographically challenged. 

I know what you mean about light vehicles- my old Tracker (Suzuki Vitara) was so light that it barely sank into puddles and the small engine (1.9L) was able to get it through most things.  On the other hand my Jeep weighs almost twice as much (Tracker was just under 2400lbs, Jeep is about 3800lbs) and has more than twice the engine (4.0L) so while it has a lot more power, I have to wonder if that's enough to offset the fact that it's MUCH deeper in the water and mud.  Sadly the only guys I know who still drive Trackers have them jacked up and modified so much that my mostly stock Jeep would probably lose anyway, and while they have the power and height to move through puddles I doubt very much they could pull my ass out!

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 04:20:01 PM
Invest in a winch, for your friends!!  :D

A lot actually depends on the type of off roading you do; whether you want to climb slowly over rough terrain as it is mostly done in Europe (light, less powerful car) or to blast up hills and in the mud as in the Baja race or mud racing (more power, more potential to actually damage the car).

I actually had a 4x4 pickup truck (i think 2.5l diesel, no turbo) run out of power and stall going up a cliff once; I could not really blast up it as it was underpowered for its weight. The traction was there but no power to turn the wheels. I just had to roll slowly back, trying not to overturn it. I really needed a winch.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 04:24:12 PM by dks »

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 05:39:30 PM
I can just see me sitting there, stuck in a mud hole, hooking up a winch to a guy in a Tracker and dragging him into the mud with me!   :ahhh  :D

Seriously, I tend to do trail riding for the most part.  The trails are kind of rough but not that bad really.  I'm not one of the hard core offroaders you see on TV and Youtube.  I'd like to be, but I need my Jeep since I use it at work too.  If I break something serious offroad and I can't get it repaired I lose work and I lose money which I can't afford if I need to fix the Jeep!

Def

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 07:16:44 PM
I can just see me sitting there, stuck in a mud hole, hooking up a winch to a guy in a Tracker and dragging him into the mud with me!   :ahhh  :D

Seriously, I tend to do trail riding for the most part.  The trails are kind of rough but not that bad really.  I'm not one of the hard core offroaders you see on TV and Youtube.  I'd like to be, but I need my Jeep since I use it at work too.  If I break something serious offroad and I can't get it repaired I lose work and I lose money which I can't afford if I need to fix the Jeep!

Def

Trackers or Samurais are great little trail rigs, but I'm more of a Jeep man. 

We're pretty lucky here, there's tons of trails we can go on that range from stock friendly, to hard core mud or rock trails.  I'd like to join the http://www.novascotiajeepclub.ca/, but I have to do a few this to our Grand Cherokee before I'd feel confident to tackle the harder trails.

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 06:09:24 AM
I hate mud, that crap gets everywhere. I went on a muddy trail once and still digging dried mud out 6 months later.

There's no more trail left within 3 hours drive either, they've all turned into golf courses and such.  :(

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 01:37:51 AM

Def

Trackers or Samurais are great little trail rigs, but I'm more of a Jeep man. 

We're pretty lucky here, there's tons of trails we can go on that range from stock friendly, to hard core mud or rock trails.  I'd like to join the http://www.novascotiajeepclub.ca/, but I have to do a few this to our Grand Cherokee before I'd feel confident to tackle the harder trails.

The Jeep club always advertises what's stock friendly and what isn't before the runs so you can decide if you want to go on them.  I don't belong to the club either, but I have a feeling that since my boss just bought a new 4 door Sahara that I'll be signing up soon.  I have little interest in going with the club and would rather just get together with a few friends with 4x4's and go out ourselves when we feel like it and at our own pace.  Still, joining the club also includes insurance, which is nice, and since it's only $45/year, that's hard to beat.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%