Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

#2 Philips Screwdriver & Corkscrew

ie Offline TheDoctor

#2 Philips Screwdriver & Corkscrew
on: April 23, 2012, 06:16:17 AM
Hello all,

I looking for some kind of tool (preferably a basic Swiss Army Knife type of design) that includes both a Philips driver and a corkscrew.  I have a Victorinox eyeglass flat head driver that I want to be able to put on the new knife (if it doesn't come with one).  The only other requirements would be a blade, bottle opener and maybe scissors.  I've found a couple that come close of the Victorinox website but no cigar.

I did do a quick forum search, but I couldn't find anything exactly like that.  If any of you have seen or have something like that, could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
TheDoctor

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Re: #2 Philips Screwdriver & Corkscrew
Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 06:51:30 AM
The first thing I can tell you is that there's a link on the upper right side of this page to 'Swiss Army Knights'. On that site, there is a tab called the SAK Selector, where you can put in all of the parameters you want, and it will tell you any Swiss Army Knife (either Victorinox or Wenger) that fit your needs.

Putting in your tool requirements, it looks like the knives that match this with the fewest layers are the Explorer and the Outrider.

ie Offline TheDoctor

Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:18:31 AM
Okay great, very much appreciated.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:49:23 AM
Glad I could help. Also, you should probably go to the new member forum and introduce yourself!

Welcome, and I hope you come to like it here.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 08:00:00 AM
The problem is that in most thinner victorinox knives the corckscrew on the back replaces the philips driver, so you have one or the other. So you will need something thicker. (e.g. a 4 layer tool)
There are various versions of philips screwdrivers, some bigger some smaller, some inside the main tool, some on the back. Also the Cybertool models will take any extra bits you want.
If you do not want the corkscrew but just something to put the small screwdriver in then maybe something like the minichamp will allow you to use the small screwdriver on the ruler for fixing glasses so you will not need the extra screwdriver and corkscrew.

In your search note that the small screwdriver will also fit in wenger corkscrews, so look into them too.

I am sure an expert will come with a very simple solution soon.   :tu:
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 12:06:29 PM
Vic Scientist and Yeoman sounds like what you're looking. Felinevet is a good guy when it comes to getting out of production models, or you could ask someone to build a custom for you. Do note, both models are highly sought after.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 12:36:59 PM
How about the explorer, great SAK  :tu: has a CS and a inline phillips plus everything else you want and a bit more  ;)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:17:27 PM by Zed »

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 12:46:51 PM
x2 on the Explorer

The Yeoman is nice but considerably dearer for something only slightly slimmer... Unless you want to become a modder
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 09:29:50 AM
A Yeoman is hard to come by now days.  When you can find them they can be pricey.  An Explorer is probably your best bet.  After that, a Cybertool 34.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%