Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger BSA Knives

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Wenger BSA Knives
on: May 07, 2012, 01:40:21 AM
Wenger isn't currently making and offcial BSA knives, but is now making some for the World Scout Association.

I picked up this older BSA Safari model and was really impressed with the quality of the BSA emblem inlay.  It's kind of a 3D embossed etching and is actually much nicer than anything I've seen on the Victorinox BSA models.

Does any one have a fairly complete list of older Wenger BSA knives?

ca Offline kahyja

Re: Wenger BSA Knives
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 01:52:06 AM
Can't help you for that list but yes, the emblem looks much nicer than Vic

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 03:38:38 AM
For many years Victorinox has been the supplier of official knives for the Boy Scouts of America. The Wenger Safari (photo 1, top left) is the only officially marked Wenger I know of. Oddly, while Victorinox is the official supplier, Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico for many years offered a wide variety of Wengers through its store, Tooth of Time Traders. The ones shown are simply a representative sample. At the present time ToT doesn't offer any Swiss Army knives, Victorinox or Wenger. Occasionally local groups also offer Wengers. The EvoGrip 16 (top left) was offered by the North Florida Council.

Scouts Canada on the other hand has Wenger provide its official knives, originally in green and currently in red, with a small sample shown. (photo 2).

Internationally the World Scout Organization has offered a mix of of both brands, including the Wengers shown in photo 3.

Karl

Did some more digging around and came up with some more knifes, including a black serrated Highlander.(photo 4)
IMG_1239.JPG
* IMG_1239.JPG (Filesize: 120.97 KB)
IMG_1241.jpg
* IMG_1241.jpg (Filesize: 174.64 KB)
IMG_1242.JPG
* IMG_1242.JPG (Filesize: 127.08 KB)
IMG_1243.JPG
* IMG_1243.JPG (Filesize: 98.67 KB)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:47:52 AM by ColoSwiss »

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 06:33:13 AM
A source for Wenger Canadian Scout knives.

https://www.scoutshop.ca/eSolution/search.php?type=Title&cat=0002&entry=25&data=WENGER&lang=en

Referring to the earlier post: the Safari should have read "top right"; the black Highlander also has the US Scout logo.

Karl
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:35:16 AM by ColoSwiss »

us Offline Donald

Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 11:36:42 PM
I never had a SAK in scouts, and wish I could figure out where my BSA folder got to. I do have my BSA sheath knife, made by Western. That Wenger emblem is very nice ICanFixThat, and I enjoyed seeing the nice mix of the other BSA knives!

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 03:16:51 AM
Thanks!  Thos are sure some nice unique Scout knives.  Funny how in the Scouts Canada site the Wengers don't come up if you search for "knife".

us Offline Frankctz

Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 07:45:31 AM
I had never seen a wenger knife with scout logo...I should pay more attention..

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 10:23:14 AM
I am trying to sell this one. Nobody seems to want it.

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 03:21:57 PM
I have one Wenger Safari BSA with plain edge.
Beautiful sak and beautiful emblem.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 05:13:23 PM
I am trying to sell this one. Nobody seems to want it.
Ranger World Scout
It's not a BSA knife, but if I didn't already own one I'd buy it.

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 09:22:19 PM
Here's a selection of Victorinox world Scout knives: Switzerland; UK; Ireland; Philippines; and Hong Kong. Collecting world scout knives is like pulling teeth. Even when you can find them, most scout shops refuse to sell them outside their designated country.

Karl

IMG_1245.JPG
* IMG_1245.JPG (Filesize: 126.34 KB)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 09:31:44 PM
There is a BSA Voyageur (the real one) on ebay with 8h to go at $15,50. It's marked "Victorinox Swiss Army Boy Scouts BSA Knife" if anyone is interested. I'm not allowed to bid. :ahhh

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 11:32:55 PM
Amici,
If I remember correctly, Camillus was also a supplier of slipjoint folders for both the BSA and the CSA. Obviously that isn't the case any more since Camillus closed up shop back in what, 2004 I believe or was that Schrade?

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 11:54:27 PM
A large number of US firms have made knives for the Boy Scouts of America, including Case, Buck, Remington, Imperial, Schrade, Camillus, and Ka-Bar. Collecting them is its own specialty.

http://www.scoutknives.net/

http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/case/images/8045.jpg

http://www.wrcase.com/knives/titles/BoyScoutsofAmerica.jpg

http://api.ning.com/files/wx-0k9zrBo9eDxveXP0MXqjEpGUGVt8ohpkJ0mrarast03VnKrNc6J5igWyiPuP4jLFdEsTzXTpIPXfokmtEJJXi1UF1dwsT/ScoutLite2.JPG?width=721

That Scoutknives site lists four Wenger Scout knives, made between 1982 and 2000. However no photos or common names.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:25:18 AM by ColoSwiss »

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 05:04:09 PM
Here's a selection of Victorinox world Scout knives: Switzerland; UK; Ireland; Philippines; and Hong Kong. Collecting world scout knives is like pulling teeth. Even when you can find them, most scout shops refuse to sell them outside their designated country.

Karl
Oh like that 111mm one, which model is that?

ca Offline kahyja

Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 05:57:23 PM
I was in a scout group as a young boy, and my father gave me a fairly large Victorinox 91mm....that I lost 2-3 years later. This ''souvenir'' of me playing with this SAK is really what got me to return to SAKs recently.

I remember a lot of friends in the group having their own multi blade knive also...

ch Offline victor7000

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 06:23:26 PM

Karl

It's probabely a Rucksack like this one...
http://www.pfadizollikon.ch/userfiles/image/Matrialstelle/Katalog/Sackmesser.jpg

http://www.pfadizollikon.ch/CMS/de-CH/Matrialstelle/Materialstelle.aspx?Sel=343&lg=1

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 09:08:35 PM

Karl

It's probabely a Rucksack like this one...
http://www.pfadizollikon.ch/userfiles/image/Matrialstelle/Katalog/Sackmesser.jpg

http://www.pfadizollikon.ch/CMS/de-CH/Matrialstelle/Materialstelle.aspx?Sel=343&lg=1

Correct. It's a Swiss Scouts Rucksack Phadimesser (Scout knife). Think I picked it up in a shop in Zurich some years back.

Karl

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD