Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

April Rebar and Friends Challenge

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Re: April Rebar and Friends Challenge
Reply #240 on: April 30, 2024, 02:40:08 AM
Day 29

It's a good can opener.

Made chili dogs for dinner tonight, and pasta bake for a pot luck tomorrow night.

* can1.jpg (Filesize: 169.86 KB)

* can2.jpg (Filesize: 197.43 KB)

us Offline Craig_S

Reply #241 on: April 30, 2024, 08:04:55 PM
Is it really the 30th? I guess we made it.   :woohoo:

Today I used the Rebar several times while weed eating and mowing at work. Instead of taking pictures for this challenge, I was working on my profanity and trying to hurry so the rain wouldn't interrupt my fun. Using the Rebar to cut weed eater string reminded me that I need to fit a set of EOD cutters because like all other multitools, the Rebar cuts 99.9999999999% of the way through something but leaves that little bit connected. The EOD cutters eliminate that but aren't a drop in swap (after the typical reshape), at least mine isn't.  Mine needs dressed up on the bottom of the front edge to be able to close all the way. Thinking it would be best to clearance the plier itself so I'm not losing cutting surface.

Thanks for this challenge. I enjoyed all the great pics and getting to know everyone a little better!   :hatsoff:

Craig

* Rebar 043024.jpg (Filesize: 168.82 KB)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 09:58:14 PM by Craig_S »
PST edc 1998-Present
PST, Crunch, Surge, Wave, Rebar, Original ST, Style PS, ST300, Free T2, Curl, Mini Tool, Kick, Juice XE6

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #242 on: May 01, 2024, 02:45:38 AM
It has totally been a great challenge, guys :salute: I have been a bit sporadic in following some days but have really tried to keep up with it on most days :cheers:

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #243 on: May 01, 2024, 02:49:28 AM
Day 30

We made it! Rebar in the sink in preparation for the first end of challenge cleaning of the new house. I picked the Rebar this month because I wanted something that was tough and well equipped enough to help me move and start fixing things, and it passed with flying colors. I've carried Leathermen several times before, and never clicked with any of them. The Rebar changed that. It's capable, it's a great size, and it's tough. 30 years later, and it turns out what I really wanted was a PST with a couple more tools. I don't know that I'm quite converted from the Victorinox side yet, but I get why people like (some) Leathermen now.  :multi: I think I'd probably even rank it over my Gerbers, which I used to prefer. I'll be carrying one next month to be fair, and I'll check in then. Thanks to everyone who road along!

* rebarsink.jpg (Filesize: 154.64 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #244 on: May 01, 2024, 02:57:26 AM
Whenever you get time, Craig and BP, request the Rebar award (if that is the one you want for this) :salute:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #245 on: May 01, 2024, 04:35:43 AM
Rebar '24 Day 30
Today I used the serrated blade to open some bags of mulch.  I've never really liked the Rebar.  There's nothing wrong with it, I've just always preferred the ST300 for the same tool set in what I considered a more useful size.  I guess I'm cursed with both OCD and big hands.  Both the Rebar and ST300 lack a scissors which I feel is must have for my EDC, but I've always got a 58mm Vic on my keys and that does have scissors.  Alternatively, I sometimes used to carry electrician's scissors in the pouch with any tool that didn't have them if I thought I might need them.  The Rebar is still not my favorite but I know it is capable of doing more than I am likely to use it for and sometimes it is just the right size.  I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this thread and congratulations to Craig and BP for finishing strong and qualifying for their Rebar badge.  Don't forget to request it.

* Rebar '24 30.jpg (Filesize: 79.28 KB)

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #246 on: May 01, 2024, 10:57:48 AM
This has been great challenge to follow, many great uses for Rebar. Gonratulations for all completing challenge and badge.

us Offline Craig_S

Reply #247 on: May 01, 2024, 09:43:08 PM
Whenever you get time, Craig and BP, request the Rebar award (if that is the one you want for this) :salute:

I didn't see one in the awards. Is it yet to be created?

Thanks!
Craig
PST edc 1998-Present
PST, Crunch, Surge, Wave, Rebar, Original ST, Style PS, ST300, Free T2, Curl, Mini Tool, Kick, Juice XE6

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #248 on: May 02, 2024, 03:01:00 AM
It is there, it was made many years ago :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #249 on: May 02, 2024, 03:04:29 AM
It is on Page 2 of the awards, towards the bottom of the challenge category :cheers:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #250 on: May 10, 2024, 04:42:53 PM

Craig, I have awarded you your badge but please remember to put the link to YOUR final day post as below (and not, as some do, just the challenge thread)

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,92005.msg2475742.html#msg2475742

Well done to awl  :salute: :drink:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline Craig_S

Reply #251 on: May 10, 2024, 05:26:30 PM
Craig, I have awarded you your badge but please remember to put the link to YOUR final day post as below (and not, as some do, just the challenge thread)

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,92005.msg2475742.html#msg2475742

Well done to awl  :salute: :drink:

Will do from now on and thank you!
PST edc 1998-Present

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #252 on: May 10, 2024, 07:04:21 PM
Will do from now on and thank you!

Now get on and earn some more badges  :pok: :rofl:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline Craig_S

Reply #253 on: May 11, 2024, 01:48:26 AM
 :tu:
PST edc 1998-Present

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%