Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Hacked Leatherman Owners Club.

zoidberg · 3532 · 385791

us Offline Craig_S

Re: The Hacked Leatherman Owners Club.
Reply #3510 on: February 20, 2024, 06:41:52 PM
Here are my son's ST300s. The 300EOD is his EDC when he's carrying a LM, and the 300M is pretty much what's left over from the build. He is pretty happy with the EOD and I am going to start with one if at all possible, but I will most likely include the file and prybar in mine. I'll definitely keep everyone up to date with pics of my own creation once I start.   :tu:

Craig

* ST300 mods resized.jpg (Filesize: 245.27 KB)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 06:52:07 PM by Craig_S »
PST edc 1998-Present
PST, Crunch, Surge, Wave, Rebar, Original ST, Style PS, ST300, Free T2, Curl, Mini Tool, Kick

us Offline FinneganMckinney4000

Reply #3511 on: February 21, 2024, 07:17:14 AM
Sorry for the question, but why did you not switch the partly serrated with the straight edge blade? since the hacked EOD has a fully serrated one on it...

Offline Gotter

Reply #3512 on: February 21, 2024, 09:13:51 PM
This is my first post, so be gentle.

I'm looking for a black oxide, button-head, Torx security bolt for the tool side of my Signal.  (Circled in red in the attached pic.)  I can't find the specs and had no luck bringing the barrel nut to box stores to test fitment.  Any idea how to get just the bolt?  Hoping not to pay  $25+ on eBay for a full pivot set with plier-side bolts, nuts, washers, and spacer.

Thanks.

us Offline JonesE

Reply #3513 on: February 22, 2024, 04:54:03 AM

I'm looking for a black oxide, button-head, Torx security bolt for the tool side of my Signal.  (Circled in red in the attached pic.)  I can't find the specs and had no luck bringing the barrel nut to box stores to test fitment.  Any idea how to get just the bolt?  Hoping not to pay  $25+ on eBay for a full pivot set with plier-side bolts, nuts, washers, and spacer.

Thanks.

Welcome Gotter, I checked my parts bin. Sorry no spare. Looks like you got a nice project going. Don’t forget to post pics and the story behind your mod.

us Offline Craig_S

Reply #3514 on: February 22, 2024, 02:07:59 PM
Sorry for the question, but why did you not switch the partly serrated with the straight edge blade? since the hacked EOD has a fully serrated one on it...

The EODs come with a partially serrated blade and the Ms come with a straight one. He doesn't like combo blades so we switched them giving his every day carry 300 a straight blade. I'll most likely do the same thing, and if I have room I'll also install a fully serrated blade from a standard ST300.

Craig
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 02:16:47 PM by Craig_S »
PST edc 1998-Present
PST, Crunch, Surge, Wave, Rebar, Original ST, Style PS, ST300, Free T2, Curl, Mini Tool, Kick

fi Offline Blunt Object

Reply #3515 on: February 22, 2024, 08:42:27 PM
Hacked? More like mutilated. This is what remains of a Micra when the scissors break. No knife blade either, but all drivers, tweezers, nail file... It is really handy to have a small Phillips with 90° angle, for those impossible to reach places, like this stupid bedside lamp.

My equally tormented SAK hack job also featured.

* 20240222_211307.jpg (Filesize: 155.04 KB)

* 20240222_211650.jpg (Filesize: 193.03 KB)
Spydies and Vics and Leathermans, Oh My!

Reply #3516 on: February 23, 2024, 07:07:36 AM
 Nice example of mini-multi power, :like: how did your scissors break?  :ahhh

fi Offline Blunt Object

Reply #3517 on: February 23, 2024, 08:49:01 AM
Nice example of mini-multi power, :like: how did your scissors break?  :ahhh

I had the Micra in my keys for years. Little by little, the rivet holding the scissors together just wiggled loose, until they wouldn't cut very thin materials, which is bad for a tiny tool. It may have been a dud, not very tight from the getgo. My second Micra didn't have this issue.
Spydies and Vics and Leathermans, Oh My!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3518 on: February 23, 2024, 04:37:22 PM

Thanks.

Welcome to :MTO:  :cheers: I hope you can find that part for a good price  :salute: I have never modded on a Signal so I know I dont have that part :oops:

Unfortunately, modding can get expensive sometimes though and that is just the nature of it but I do hope that it doesn't cost you to much :salute:

Don’t forget to post pics and the story behind your mod.

:iagree: :woohoo: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3519 on: February 23, 2024, 04:39:07 PM
Hacked? More like mutilated. This is what remains of a Micra when the scissors break. No knife blade either, but all drivers, tweezers, nail file... It is really handy to have a small Phillips with 90° angle, for those impossible to reach places, like this stupid bedside lamp.

My equally tormented SAK hack job also featured.

Two great mods, BO :salute: :like: the Micra in any form is a handy tool for sure  :like: and I do love me some modded Alox :drool: :like: :like:

us Offline Craig_S

Reply #3520 on: February 26, 2024, 09:50:38 PM
Thinking ahead....... I don't want to use my Crunch's blade at work and wear it out (let's pretend I'm not crazy enough to have an extra or two NIB Crunch's  :whistle: ). Is there another blade that's a drop in replacement? Doesn't have to be serrated.

Short of a drop in, what tools interchange with the Crunch's locking system?

Thanks,
Craig
PST edc 1998-Present

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3521 on: February 27, 2024, 03:23:28 AM
I am thinking the tools of the Pulse should be a straight drop in :think: but tools of the PST/PST II and their kin should also work without much trouble :think: if nothing else, you might have to grind to modify or not but those would probably be the closest :cheers: tools from the Zytel series like the Blast/Fuse and Kick  would also work with some modifying probably which in turn would leave many of the newer tools to work in it as well :cheers: meaning the Rebar, Bond and internals of the Wave/Charge/Curl (not the outside opening tools of those though) I have had a Crunch apart but never swapped any tools out but we have had members mod them :salute:

The only problem is that you have to have shorter tools in the handle or at least modify them to make them shorter to work because of the locking plier head :tu:

Reply #3522 on: February 28, 2024, 07:28:28 AM
Is Serakote worth it?  :think:

If so, how do I receive/apply/finish it? Or do I just have somebody else apply it? so many questions...

us Offline Craig_S

Reply #3523 on: February 28, 2024, 03:16:27 PM
I am thinking the tools of the Pulse should be a straight drop in :think: but tools of the PST/PST II and their kin should also work without much trouble :think: if nothing else, you might have to grind to modify or not but those would probably be the closest :cheers: tools from the Zytel series like the Blast/Fuse and Kick  would also work with some modifying probably which in turn would leave many of the newer tools to work in it as well :cheers: meaning the Rebar, Bond and internals of the Wave/Charge/Curl (not the outside opening tools of those though) I have had a Crunch apart but never swapped any tools out but we have had members mod them :salute:

The only problem is that you have to have shorter tools in the handle or at least modify them to make them shorter to work because of the locking plier head :tu:

Thanks Poncho. I'll check out evilbay and see if I can pick up a couple implements to try out.

Craig
PST edc 1998-Present

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3524 on: February 28, 2024, 06:52:46 PM
Sometimes it is cheaper to just buy a while tool and take it apart rather than buying individual parts :salute:

Is Serakote worth it?  :think:

If so, how do I receive/apply/finish it? Or do I just have somebody else apply it? so many questions...

I think it would be worth it but have no idea about applying it or anyone that does it (Google search would probably find someone probably  :think: )

If you do it or find someone who does, please put your experience  :cheers: and pics please :dd: :D

Reply #3525 on: March 10, 2024, 08:40:13 PM
Does anyone know how to add the extended bolts from the signal on to another tool?

* IMG_9263.jpg (Filesize: 368.93 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3526 on: March 11, 2024, 12:11:00 AM
Hopefully someone does but I am not sure I have seen it done :think:

I have seen people add the sharpener or the whistle to other tools though, so I am sure they had to do something like that ???

Good luck with the search :cheers:

Reply #3527 on: March 11, 2024, 04:04:12 AM
Thanks poncho! I’ll keep looking. :salute:

Offline Anthony R

Reply #3528 on: March 20, 2024, 08:56:39 PM
Nothing complicated here, I just decided to swap blades on the Skeletools so I could have non-serrated on the Coyote Tan. Sharing in case somebody else was curious what it might look like.

IMG_0678.jpg
* IMG_0678.jpg (Filesize: 108.1 KB)

IMG_0680.jpg
* IMG_0680.jpg (Filesize: 135.08 KB)

IMG_0679.jpg
* IMG_0679.jpg (Filesize: 171.58 KB)

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #3529 on: March 20, 2024, 10:19:54 PM
Nice photos.   :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3530 on: March 21, 2024, 05:02:33 PM
Great job on the blade swaps :like: I wished we had the option to choose what type of blade we got in the Skeley straight from LM :salute:

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #3531 on: March 21, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
Nothing complicated here,

The least complicated Mods are the best mods!   :like:   :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31