Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Leatherman for today?

trouthunter · 4939 · 320024

ca Offline b_martin

Re: What did you use your Leatherman for today?
Reply #2820 on: September 24, 2017, 06:17:31 PM
Not today, but the other day at work I used the awl on my Rebar to push the tab down on some zip ties so they could be removed and re-used. They were holding up some signs on a construction fence that were in our line of sight for laying out a townhouse.

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #2821 on: September 25, 2017, 07:14:27 PM
...I used the awl on my Rebar to push the tab down on some zip ties so they could be removed and re-used.

Cheater!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ca Offline b_martin

Reply #2822 on: September 26, 2017, 06:08:07 PM
...I used the awl on my Rebar to push the tab down on some zip ties so they could be removed and re-used.
(Image removed from quote.)
Cheater!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! Can't let them go to waste! Must be the frugal German in me.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #2823 on: September 28, 2017, 03:38:21 PM
food prep

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #2824 on: September 29, 2017, 11:43:14 AM
food prep

(Image removed from quote.)

Hahahaha! Best use of MT's I've ever seen  :like: :salute:

us Offline Yontz

Reply #2825 on: September 30, 2017, 12:38:10 AM
Day two and I had the Surge out a lot today. Before work I tightened up a sliding door handle that I noticed was getting loose when I left the pupper out. And at work used the excellent wire cutters, pliers, and knife!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:17:04 AM by Yontz »
Leatherman Micra, Leatherman Surge

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #2826 on: September 30, 2017, 03:20:28 AM
Needed a fine file to work on my new little project,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2827 on: September 30, 2017, 05:52:30 AM
 :like: :tu:

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #2828 on: September 30, 2017, 03:21:14 PM
JR
Like the lighting setup - LEDs? Source(s)? Thanks in advance

Sent on my SM-G930F with Tapatalk

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2829 on: September 30, 2017, 04:47:46 PM
JR

Yes, it’s a led light kit, you can get them online or at a store, but that’s just the led's, I got mine at amazon, it has a little control box to control the brightness. As for that arch, it’s a cheap $2 curtain rod kit, that are like _|—-|_ but are adjustable, I calculated how long it would have to be in order to make the arch for what size table then took a couple small plastic pieces and riveted the two of them together then bent it, luckily there a piece playground equipment just the size I was looking for, so I bent it around that, put the lighting on, they have a sticky tape backside, they put it on my workstation, plugged it in and turned it on.
   The unique thing is how it works, I work on models, and need good light, and with a normal light kinda like the one you can see in the background, yeah it’s a mag light, but when you start moving your hands around they start to make shadows, so you end up having to move things around including your head to try to see, being an arch, it transmits light form every angle, no shadows even if you put your hand directly above the piece of work! When I made the light I put the project on here somewhere, look up like led arch light? If any other questions as away,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #2830 on: October 01, 2017, 12:23:06 AM
JR

Yes, it’s a led light kit, you can get them online or at a store, but that’s just the led's, I got mine at amazon, it has a little control box to control the brightness. As for that arch, it’s a cheap $2 curtain rod kit, that are like _|—-|_ but are adjustable, I calculated how long it would have to be in order to make the arch for what size table then took a couple small plastic pieces and riveted the two of them together then bent it, luckily there a piece playground equipment just the size I was looking for, so I bent it around that, put the lighting on, they have a sticky tape backside, they put it on my workstation, plugged it in and turned it on.
   The unique thing is how it works, I work on models, and need good light, and with a normal light kinda like the one you can see in the background, yeah it’s a mag light, but when you start moving your hands around they start to make shadows, so you end up having to move things around including your head to try to see, being an arch, it transmits light form every angle, no shadows even if you put your hand directly above the piece of work! When I made the light I put the project on here somewhere, look up like led arch light? If any other questions as away,
JR
Thanks! I have some of the modeling problems you describe when working on LMs and this looks like a solution I could adopt or adapt... :tu:

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2831 on: October 01, 2017, 12:51:27 AM
JR

JR
Thanks! I have some of the modeling problems you describe when working on LMs and this looks like a solution I could adopt or adapt... :tu:

Well here’s the difference, I threw a LM on the table so you could really understand. lol..
JR

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #2832 on: October 01, 2017, 08:13:13 AM
JR

JR

Well here’s the difference, I threw a LM on the table so you could really understand. lol..
JR
A very pictorial illustration of the powers of your lighting system. I am convinced, or rather converted :2tu:

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2833 on: October 01, 2017, 08:47:57 AM
JR

JR

JR
A very pictorial illustration of the powers of your lighting system. I am convinced, or rather converted :2tu:

:cheers: lol, any questions don’t hesitate,
JR

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #2834 on: October 03, 2017, 05:40:52 PM
... well, as a subject of a further mod of course!

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=73762.0

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 05:41:54 PM by Dutch_Tooler »
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #2835 on: October 08, 2017, 01:52:01 PM
And again... see thread linked above.

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline surfdaworld

Reply #2836 on: October 12, 2017, 12:49:04 AM

Used the file on my PS4 to clean up the threads on a sink drain fitting at my wife's office, to replace the P-trap. Old drain fitting had a slow leak, and rusted completed off the sink before they caught it. PS4 cleaned up the threads nicely!

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #2837 on: October 15, 2017, 07:36:51 PM
Spent a vacation in Turkey last week and since I love coffee I brought a can of it with me home. When I attempted to open it the handle ring broke and I used pliers to open the can. Wave did great of course, yet the coffee might be way better . Sorry, forgot to take any pics
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:38:11 PM by alexanderre »
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2838 on: October 16, 2017, 10:26:01 AM
But without a pic this did not happen!  :ahhh
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #2839 on: October 16, 2017, 01:01:37 PM
But without a pic this did not happen!  :ahhh
But that was just a dream
Try, cry, why try
That was just a dream
Just a dream
Just a dream, dream

gb Offline BePrepared

Reply #2840 on: October 17, 2017, 11:09:33 PM
Needed to remove the bottom panel on my wife's laptop (internal battery wasn't working).    Most of the screws were torx 6, but one tiny one in the centre of the case was much smaller --- so to the rescue comes my modded Juice with the small bit cross-head driver.

Re-seated the connectors from the battery and it works again.  Job done.    :woohoo:

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #2841 on: October 17, 2017, 11:16:24 PM
Way to go   :tu:
Love that mod   :2tu:
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2842 on: October 18, 2017, 02:51:16 AM
Way to go   :tu:
Love that mod   :2tu:

+1 What MM said :like: :like:

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #2843 on: October 20, 2017, 09:30:29 AM
Fixed a hairdryer recently and used Wave a bit. Large flathead as a pry bar while opening it and then the pliers to... catch and remove the dust Could not use a bit kit since this hairdryer has one of those more rarely used screws with two dots on top. Anyhow, it works much better now.

P.S.: sorry, only have a picture of a fan without a cover so I’d remember what it should look like in the end if I forget

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #2844 on: October 20, 2017, 11:08:46 AM
And today I’ve disassembled my Raspberry Pi setup in order to replace a real-time clock battery. Used Wave’s standard bit with an extender to unscrew the extension board and then the smallest screwdriver on Micra to pull the battery because I forgot about an eyeglass screwdriver in Wave

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #2845 on: October 22, 2017, 05:58:58 PM
Me again . Had some decent time outdoors and used my Wave of course.

First I used it to cut off a small piece of wood

Then engaged a knife to get some shavings

And start a fire with that, but I had no luck - the wood was a bit wet, so I added some really dry oiled shavings from Light My Fire and used a lighter to have a fire started .

And while my fire grew I decided to adjust a break handle on the bicycle I rented for today. It had a hex screw and I had a bit kit, so it was a pretty easy game.

Being done with that I finally could just sit back and have a cup of hot herbal tea with honey

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #2846 on: October 22, 2017, 06:19:59 PM
Trust me guys, it will work! I'm electrician!
 :twak: :oops: >:D >:D
IMG_20171022_181442.jpg
* IMG_20171022_181442.jpg (Filesize: 36.33 KB)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2847 on: October 22, 2017, 06:24:23 PM
Trust me guys, it will work! I'm electrician!
 :twak: :oops: >:D >:D
The only way when you need to find out what fuse that outlet is on, without being able to shut every fuse off one by one (like when there are servers in the building)
Did it myself, twice in 7 years... but with isolated pliers instead of a stainless tool...

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #2848 on: October 22, 2017, 06:34:31 PM
@ alexanderre
I like the way you spend you'r outdoor time  :tu:

@mechanickal
It's OK, i'm electrician! I mean, what's the worst thing that can happen?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #2849 on: October 22, 2017, 06:46:02 PM
@ alexanderre
I like the way you spend you'r outdoor time  :tu:

@mechanickal
It's OK, i'm electrician! I mean, what's the worst thing that can happen?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks, bud

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%