Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisscard

Pacu · 10 · 2122

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Swisscard
on: February 10, 2008, 03:12:50 AM
This is a neat little item from Swiss Army. I found this at my local Target a couple of months ago and thought i'd share my opinion. I like it for the fact that it will fit in my wallet and lie in wait until i need it. The pen is real handy for those times when you need it without tearing your auto part looking for one to sign something. If you stack two credit cards together it's about that thick. I don't notice it while sitting down with it in my wallet. I scored it on clearance at Target for about 7 bucks in December. I give it a thumbs up.

:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Re: Swisscard
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 03:17:49 AM
This idea is something I like, for other people.

I have received numbers and numbers of these SwissCards over the years but I never seem to carry them or even use them to any appreciable degree. They are a grand slam as far as gifts go though, I've met at least a dozen people that EDC one of these things faithfully.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 03:35:49 AM
I've seen a few, but they just don't grab me.

I'll take a Vic Classic any day. (Which just so happens to fit nicely into the "coin" pocket in my wallet, which I never use for coins)

As with Spoony, it strikes me as being a great gift, especially for people not into the Knifey Tooley game.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 04:42:44 AM
Is the blade sharpened?
B

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 04:58:10 AM
I have one. The blade is sharpened but pretty much useless. However, the other tools are great. The pen has come in handy a LOT. I've had it for at two years and it still writes as good as the day I bought it. I probably should get around to buying me a new pen though. I also need to restock the toothpick and tweezers on several of my knives.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 09:35:44 AM
Very handy little things , I have one with an LED light in it .

Dunc

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 05:07:26 PM
I have a few of them myself, but I don't carry them in my wallet.  Instead, I usually tuck them away in my PDA or laptop cases for those times when I need it.  More often than not I carry a multi and a SAK but sometimes I do something silly like carry an ALOX model and don't have the most important tool in the world to me- a toothpick! :D  That's when the Swisscard can really save the day!

I also find that the SwissCard scissors are just about perfect for small, delicate or precise tasks that other SAK or multi scissors just aren't suited to like trimming a moustache.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Thargor

Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 10:55:03 PM

I prefer the SC Lite aswell because of the little 4-screwdriver thing you get with it, before I got my Charge I opened and built many a pc just with that little piece of metal, the torch on it was crap though even at close range, everything was such a dark shade of red in its beam that it was impossible to see anything, definitely go with the black one if you're thinking if getting it. Another thing that annoyed me is that they removed the toothpick in the Lite, that was one of the best things to have in your wallet, but they did add a pin which is handy in a lot of situations, I always use it when I drop my mp3 player and need to reboot it.

Agree with Spoonrobot that they make an excellent gift though, as long as you plan ahead and buy them online for $20 instead of the shops where the price doubles or even triples on them, same with every tool in Ireland and England really.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 04:49:28 PM
Another thing that annoyed me is that they removed the toothpick in the Lite,
AHHH!!!!! I just noticed that. Thanks for pointing that out. I was fixin to buy one but now I won't. That's a deal breaker for me. Gotta have my toothpick.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 05:01:50 PM
In SOSAK some years back,someone very outdoors savvy...Sgt. Mike ,I think ,pointed out that Swisscards are perfect in PSKs.Since then I've kept at 2-3 around stashed in various places.
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD