Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Curl Owners Club

Rich_SD · 496 · 30068

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Curl Owners Club
Reply #480 on: November 16, 2023, 01:19:22 PM
I just got the Curl in hand last night. I have to admit, after using a Free for so long, I'm going to have to get used to the stiffness of the Curl. I won't be flipping this one open like a butterfly knife for quite a while. I'm still trying to decide if it will be my work carry, or my outside of work carry, and I'm kind of leaning toward the latter until it breaks in a bit more. So far I'm digging it. The tools are a bit tight, but I'm sure they'll loosen up with more use and carry.

:woohoo: Glad you got one :like: I usually tension the pockets myself to make the break in period shorter but either way it will be broken in before you know it  :tu: :like:

:nanadance:           :nanadance:

hu Offline Mangyang

Reply #481 on: November 22, 2023, 09:02:35 PM
Ordered my copy 2 days ago for the current US price which sadly counts as very good in Europe. Quite excited about it. Lets see if it will become a new love. :woohoo:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #482 on: November 23, 2023, 01:52:00 AM
Congrats,  Mang :woohoo: I hope you enjoy it :salute: :like: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #483 on: November 29, 2023, 11:40:02 PM

hu Offline Mangyang

Reply #484 on: November 30, 2023, 05:41:59 AM
Soo, just reveived my Curl yesterday.  :mail: It is a nice tool. Definitely has an old school style for me with the non locking inside tools and all the simplicity except for the oho blade which is a must have for me.
Plier stiffness is very good compared to other tools I received. The blade was very tight and even worse the thumb hole wasnt deburred and caused some unwanted surprise the first time I tried to open it  :-\
Handled both problems in no time. One thing that feels odd is that the pivot screws tend to rotate with the blade. Not sure if its a problem or not.  :think:
Onto other subjects. The lock I mean the sliplock mechanism has a satisfying snap which I like very much! Though I think that it might fold easier when using the extension. Time will tell. But it is very solid overall.
The pocket clip is excellent! I love this new clip. Holds very well. Also it is very nice. The stamped in L logo is a beuty. The orientation of the clip is excellent. I can pull the tool out of my pocket and instantly open the blade as if I had only a knife.  The whole tool looks very nice.
About the file. I guess I will be looking for an option to replace it with a saw or to replace one of the inside tools. I guess I cant replace the can opener with the Rebar saw right? It must be either the flathead or the awl. Which wont happen. In that case I will have to replace the file. Can you guys confirm this?
More On the plierhead. I can definitely tell when the cutters come in contact with each other but it isnt too bad and I heard it happens with others as well. I guess it ensures that they cut well.
I think this tool would be more popular if it wasnt so similar to the Wave. People immediately felt like this was a cheaper and “dumber” wave.
Anyway I am very happy with it. It is something more capable and stronger than a Skeletool yet still very light and a great edc option also good for trailrunners and climbers as well.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 06:18:59 AM by Mangyang »

hu Offline Mangyang

Reply #485 on: December 02, 2023, 06:18:40 AM
After testing the tool some more I came to the conclusion that I’ll stick with my Surge for now. I had some more chance to test the tool a little more and it was just too flimsy for my personal taste. I was trying the awl and the hadles were twisting apart as I was drilling a board with it. I’ll rather carry the Surge in my backpack but for me the tools must be rock solid. The Curl is a nice little tool and I also liked the toolset but it is rather light duty in my opinion.

us Offline stuntzombie

Reply #486 on: December 04, 2023, 01:05:32 AM
I've been loving mine. I'm actually selling off my Free P2 now because the Curl has taken its place. I'm currently considering grabbing a serrated blade or a saw to replace the file, but I haven't pulled the trigger on either one yet.

us Offline stuntzombie

Reply #487 on: January 29, 2024, 01:51:59 AM
I'm still carrying and using the Curl. I picked up a saw blade and swapped out the file. I'm getting ready to pick up the bit kit and the extender as well. It's primarily my work carry knife, but it might end up being my "everything" carry.

fi Offline temo

Reply #488 on: February 20, 2024, 01:14:14 PM
Great tool. Had bits already. First out of the box had some doubts. But after some play with seems good. Sheat is quite full with bit kit and tool. Maybe not room for extender or ratchet. Pocket clip taken off so quite Ok in sheat with bit kit.

Lähetetty minun SM-F721B laitteesta Tapatalkilla

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #489 on: February 20, 2024, 04:22:18 PM
Congrats temo :woohoo: I really do like the Curl :tu: I wished it had the Wave/Charge clip feature but I am still glad it has a clip regardless of which one :cheers: It is one I clip carry instead of sheath carry normally though :cheers:

I usually carry one on weekends or when I want a lighter carry and pair it with my Vic Executive  :tu:

us Offline stuntzombie

Reply #490 on: February 21, 2024, 01:04:32 PM
I've been sheath carrying mine lately just because I've had a knife in my pocket the past couple weeks. I managed to snap the standard side of the bit it came with, but I admit that was on me. Thankfully I picked up a bit kit recently, so I can replace it. One thing I wish it had was standard bits that were just a bit thicker. The ones in the bit kit are a little narrow, and don't always fill the slots on the hose clamps I have to tighten all that well.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #491 on: February 21, 2024, 05:06:19 PM
I totally understand that and have a love hate relationship with hose claps sometimes myself  :whistle:

Majority of the time, the size clamp I use to fix things like water hose is a perfect fit for the ratchet driver and I can use it as a 1/4 inch bit driver vs a screwdriver  :cheers:

us Offline stuntzombie

Reply #492 on: February 21, 2024, 06:58:56 PM
You know, I’ve got the bit extender, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to see if that would fit them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #493 on: February 23, 2024, 04:15:32 PM
Should fit :think: it is the same size as the Ratchet :tu: :like:

fi Offline temo

Reply #494 on: March 13, 2024, 10:50:47 PM
Some help with Ikea stuff today. Handy helper there

Lähetetty minun SM-F721B laitteesta Tapatalkilla