Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sog pocket power pliers owners club,

Zed · 170 · 33908

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: Sog pocket power pliers owners club,
Reply #150 on: March 02, 2018, 09:05:23 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

lovely trio   :2tu:

Thanks Peacent!  You were right about this little light.  I like it a lot.  Love the magnetic tail cap :tu:

I'll admit your color choice strikes me as odd, but the black clip/red(ish) body mate perfectly with the black PP and red PX   :cheers:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #151 on: March 03, 2018, 12:14:59 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

lovely trio   :2tu:

Thanks Peacent!  You were right about this little light.  I like it a lot.  Love the magnetic tail cap :tu:

I'll admit your color choice strikes me as odd, but the black clip/red(ish) body mate perfectly with the black PP and red PX   :cheers:

Must be the lighting.  The clip is standard silver.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #152 on: July 21, 2018, 05:05:34 PM
Didn’t realize there’s another club I can join... had this for a while now and it often gets carried...

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #153 on: July 22, 2018, 04:14:14 PM
Didn’t realize there’s another club I can join... had this for a while now and it often gets carried...(Image removed from quote.)

welcome tot he club!  :cheers:

one question though, why does your PPP bear the Fox Knives Military Division logo?  :think:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #154 on: July 22, 2018, 04:26:01 PM
Thanks TP... its a co-branding between SOG and FKMD... SOG made them... :cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #155 on: July 22, 2018, 04:50:41 PM
Thanks TP... its a co-branding between SOG and FKMD... SOG made them... :cheers:

That's kewl!

I believe I have seen a FKMD Powerassist that belonged to the Mountain/Alpine division of the Italian Army too  :salute:
My toys:

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #156 on: February 09, 2019, 08:50:39 AM
Never mind the 90 day warning, this thread is 6+ months old, but needs reviving.  :)

Just picked up this PPP. Classic geared SOG design, and in my opinion, a worthy challenger to the PST for a compact carry with a good tool load. A little lighter (144g vs. 150g), but less folding tools. However I think better designed tools. Eg medium flat driver has a bottle opener, tin opener has small flat driver, file is tapered (in thickness) to a large flat driver, awl is a wicked sharp, almost tanto blade, and the main blade is combo SE/PE, but the entire edge is chisel ground making it scalpel-sharp.

Pliers have a true needle-nose and meet perfectly. The compound leverage is a quirk, but it does work well (as attested in this thread). IMO, the gears are no more of a hot spot than the sharp corners of the PST handle at the plier end when open.

Lastly, the nylon sheath is compact and well-made, with a nice belt clip for quick attachment.

This SOG joins my PowerAssist and Paratool MTs. I’m sure there will be more.  :pok:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #157 on: February 20, 2019, 09:28:32 PM
its strange that this is the only sog ive ever really been interested in yet i dont own one  :think: i requested it from my wife one year for christmas and ended up getting  a reactor instead, shes not very good with multitool names
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #158 on: February 20, 2019, 10:25:37 PM
It's a great little SOG...nice and light and a good balance of tools IMO.  :tu:

Something I did not mention was the asymmetrical pliers. Really nice for getting a purchase on a 'flat' item you want to grip.

Even though I'm an LM fanboy, I can recommend this SOG  :like:
SOG PPP.jpg
* SOG PPP.jpg (Filesize: 60.35 KB)
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #159 on: February 21, 2019, 03:01:56 PM
maybe i like it so much cause it reminds me of the pst  :tu:
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #160 on: February 21, 2019, 03:24:03 PM
maybe i like it so much cause it reminds me of the pst  :tu:

So true! It shares many traits of the PST but unlike many copies of days gone by, the SOG has its own unique character.  :iagree:

There’s always your next birthday.  :pok:

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #161 on: February 21, 2019, 03:32:33 PM
true... but i asked for a mp600 basic for my birthday  :think: maybe i should change my mind, of course june the 8th is a long way off

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #162 on: February 21, 2019, 03:38:21 PM
...it’s also discontinued so that gives you some time to find one  :salute:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #163 on: February 25, 2019, 02:06:16 AM
Like the PST, only it is a bit better, with the exception of the bad file. Plus, you can switch out tools on a whim, without voiding the warranty.   Originally, I ditched the partially serrated blade it came with and had the plain and serrated blades from my Paratool in it; now its just the serrated blade and file for long tools.  File will probably be replaced with the wire stripper component.

I want to fill the bushing used to fill in for the missing short tool (this isn't a "Deluxe" model).  What short tool can I fit in there?

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #164 on: February 25, 2019, 02:49:33 AM
Congrats on the PPP, Max! Sure is an underrated tool on MT.o. :like:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #165 on: February 25, 2019, 02:53:25 AM
Cody,

Maybe this will help with the SOG file issue. Some of the files are good and other just fair.
Here are my four PPPs and their files.

Left to right:
Excellent file(round end). Good file(early flat driver end). Fair file(later flat driver end). Fair file(later flat driver file). The tools look weird, because I enhanced the color to show the file cuts for you.

Find yourself a round ended file for the PPP. If that doesn't work for you, no file will. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline JonesE

Reply #166 on: May 22, 2019, 05:08:31 AM
My new to me PPP.

JonesE

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #167 on: May 22, 2019, 08:15:52 AM
That’s a great find JonesE.  :like:

And the leather sheath is nice and compact too. A great belt carry EDC. Along with the PST, the PPP is the best lightweight MT that is still full-size.  :tu:

us Offline JonesE

Reply #168 on: May 24, 2019, 02:50:06 AM
Thanks Max, I have to say that I am really liking the PPP. It is really smooth to open and it just seems like a very good quality tool. I am impressed.

JonesE

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #169 on: May 24, 2019, 02:06:54 PM
 :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%