Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A love letter to Gerber

Woz · 3 · 1515

at Offline Woz

• No Life Club
A love letter to Gerber
on: May 25, 2012, 04:26:56 PM
Yes, I know. I am a Vic and Wenger fan, and I hardly ever recommended any Gerber product. But lately, I fell in love with two great little tools, and to be honest: On both of my keychains Gerber replaced Vic, SOG and even LM. Why?

Well, let´s start with the Curve. GREAT little tool, fit and finish are good, well made little tool. I like the blade shape, the bottle opener (better than those on most large MT or SAK), I like that, with a little training, the blade is OHO. I like its unique shape. Gerber, make a second version, just a little larger, and I will EDC it in rotation with my SAKs. Do not replace it, just add a larger version, add scissors maybe, and hell, that would be a GREAT EDC!

The Dime. Some love it, some hate it. I like it, pliers may not be too sturdy, but they fit my needs. The blade is nice, good edge retention and very sharp. Fit and finish are very good, I even like the clamshell opener. Again, make this thing Juice sized, maybe improve the texture on the nail file (or, in a larger tool, replace it with a diamond file or even a saw). A Juice sized Dime would be close to a perfect EDC.)

To make it short: Keep going Gerber, you are on the right way!
edc-reviews.blogspot.com

us Offline powerring

• In brightest day....
Re: A love letter to Gerber
Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 11:28:35 AM
The MP400 Compact Sport is new to me (just got it yesterday).  I'm surprised how much I like it though.  The Shard is also a favorite of mine.

The Dime looks interesting and I feel like the 20% of discount I have at REI may go toward it.  I like the clamshell opener on the Leatherman Wingman and having it on a smaller tool like the Dime appeals to me.   I love my Squirt S4 though, so any other tool it going to have a challenge replacing it.

us Offline lucky13don

Re: A love letter to Gerber
Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 04:36:08 AM
this post made me sign up and contact gerber. i mail off my broken tool im the a.m.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%