Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tinker Tuesday!

us Offline AzteCypher

Re: Tinker Tuesday!
Reply #930 on: April 17, 2024, 05:24:13 AM
I would definitely drop a little bit of mineral oil in that joint and work it back and forth.  Though it being brand new, you shouldn't have that type of issue.  I would give that a go when you get a minute.

As far as the scales, not sure on that.  Might just be that a batch of the celidor scales were fitted improperly or cut slightly differently?
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

Offline Tuisto

Re: Tinker Tuesday!
Reply #931 on: April 17, 2024, 06:15:42 PM
I would definitely drop a little bit of mineral oil in that joint and work it back and forth.  Though it being brand new, you shouldn't have that type of issue.  I would give that a go when you get a minute.

As far as the scales, not sure on that.  Might just be that a batch of the celidor scales were fitted improperly or cut slightly differently?

Thank you for that advice. I have a lot of SAKs; I'm a big fan of Victorinox. I have always tried lubing it but never working it back and forth after -- that seemed to do the trick! It's weird, I've purchased a few Vics recently and seemingly the scales are all... a bit off. I don't know if they're just making them differently now or what but they seem a bit weird. I actually got a sapphire Swiss Champ from them with a bent corkscrew right out of the box. I didn't even notice it at first and now I think it may be too late to try to replace it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%