Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any love for Harvesters????

volbu · 78 · 11787

Poll

Come on is the Farmer really better and prettier than the Harvester for you?? (assuming you could have any colour you like! )

Farmer
Harvester

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Re: Any love for Harvesters????
Reply #60 on: January 08, 2014, 11:09:50 PM
Where the hell do you guys find these things?

I've been looking on ebay for a few months and all there is is garbage... :facepalm:

Or way overpriced!  :twak:

Like this? ::)

http://forum.multitool.org/swiss-forum/what's-your-latest-sak/msg825765/#msg825765

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: January 08, 2014, 11:44:53 PM
Thing is, it's becoming harder and harder to find nice 93 mm alox SAKs, especially on eBay, although good deals can still be found (see the example, awesome deal). It will be even harder from now on, that the LE series are finished.

From above, silver Harvesters are still available today on eBay, and there was just was a super deal from CVW for them.

Another notable mention, the green LE were made in 100 pcs and took a very long time to sell, they sat in Tim's store and on eBay for many months.

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #62 on: January 08, 2014, 11:49:06 PM

I've been looking on ebay for a few months and all there is is garbage... :facepalm:

http://forum.multitool.org/swiss-forum/what's-your-latest-sak/msg825765/#msg825765

That my friend is the exception that confirms the rules.
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #63 on: January 08, 2014, 11:50:06 PM

http://forum.multitool.or...-sak/msg825765/#msg825765

Regretfully we European guys often times even can't see these auctions (hidden to non NA buyers) or bid on them. :cry:

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: January 09, 2014, 02:43:53 PM

http://forum.multitool.or...-sak/msg825765/#msg825765

Regretfully we European guys often times even can't see these auctions (hidden to non NA buyers) or bid on them. :cry:

Don't feel too bad about this one. It's obvious that few people saw it due to the uninspired title.  Bad for the seller, good for GigaHz :D

Luckily NOS old Pioneers can still be found relatively easy for whom keeps looking.

:cheers:

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: January 09, 2014, 02:55:02 PM
Last one is the grey and sorry that I cannot stop myself repeating how beautiful this SAK is. These were sold at the Tim's store in July and I think is safe to say that we all wish there were more of them.

br Offline rmagralha

Reply #66 on: January 09, 2014, 03:32:42 PM
Marius, great pictures and collection!! the golden one with regular shield and cross, when it was released? I dont recall ever seen it before (although many of you have it :) ).

br Offline aefavant

• It's not IF, but WHEN ;-)
Reply #67 on: January 09, 2014, 05:44:54 PM
What's the link to this "Tim's store" btw....
does he ship abroad the US?
cheers
SAKs Mountaineer / MiniChamp / Forester OHO DualDensity / *Spartan 115yr Ed Ltd / Camping / Scort Red / Climber London Esp. 2013 / Spartan Rio de Janeiro Esp. 2013 / Farmer / Alox Cadet Plus Sunset Orange / Ranger / 2x Solo 108mm / Climber Ecoline + Wenger Serrated Tool Chest / Wenger "Old" Ranger 05 120mm

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: January 09, 2014, 06:44:51 PM
cheers

Tim aka FelineVet is a well respected member here and he replied just on this thread earlier. Here is the store:

http://www.edcsource.com/FELINEVET-SWISS-ARMY-KNIFE-STORE,name,100015,user_id,shop

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: January 09, 2014, 06:49:31 PM
Marius, great pictures and collection!! the golden one with regular shield and cross, when it was released? I dont recall ever seen it before (although many of you have it :) ).

That's the older variant of the Bugnard Harvester. In my pic there are visible both new and old. There is also a third new variant, new style scales, with a different logo, but I do not have that, neither I am too interested into it. The coolest one for me is the older one, of course. These were sold directly by Bugnard (see: http://www.bugnard.ch/ArticleResult.aspx?search=Victorinox) until Victorinox changed to the new style scales couple of years ago.

br Offline aefavant

• It's not IF, but WHEN ;-)
Reply #70 on: January 09, 2014, 07:47:35 PM
cheers

Tim aka FelineVet is a well respected member here and he replied just on this thread earlier. Here is the store:

http://www.edcsource.com/FELINEVET-SWISS-ARMY-KNIFE-STORE,name,100015,user_id,shop

Thanks man
SAKs Mountaineer / MiniChamp / Forester OHO DualDensity / *Spartan 115yr Ed Ltd / Camping / Scort Red / Climber London Esp. 2013 / Spartan Rio de Janeiro Esp. 2013 / Farmer / Alox Cadet Plus Sunset Orange / Ranger / 2x Solo 108mm / Climber Ecoline + Wenger Serrated Tool Chest / Wenger "Old" Ranger 05 120mm

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #71 on: January 09, 2014, 08:05:45 PM
cheers

Thanks man

You won't be thanking him when you spend your paycheck at Tim's store. >:D

Another bug thumbs up to FelineVet. :tu: He's a great seller and member here. :salute:

br Offline rmagralha

Reply #72 on: January 09, 2014, 08:38:31 PM

That's the older variant of the Bugnard Harvester. In my pic there are visible both new and old. There is also a third new variant, new style scales, with a different logo, but I do not have that, neither I am too interested into it. The coolest one for me is the older one, of course. These were sold directly by Bugnard (see: http://www.bugnard.ch/ArticleResult.aspx?search=Victorinox) until Victorinox changed to the new style scales couple of years ago.

got it, thanks!  :tu:

Offline JK

Reply #73 on: January 25, 2020, 04:00:53 PM
Just got one. It's been rebranded as the Swiss Army 7 / Pioneer 7. Will make it harder to google.

Nice, I prefer it to my 111mm Forester. Light and neat, the blade is excellent for gardening jobs and the like. Pruning blade good too, plus awl and saw make it a good outdoor companion. Can deal with lots of light and not-so-light tasks.

Also: the non-locking blade and tool work well for garden tasks, where you might do lots of little tasks swapping tools. Unlocking tools constantly would be lots of hassle.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 04:09:02 PM by JK »

Offline JK

Reply #74 on: January 25, 2020, 04:45:13 PM
Btw, I just realized it's very comparable in weight and size to the Compact! Longer, about as deep and a tad less tall (especially if take the corkscrew into account).

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #75 on: January 26, 2020, 03:53:08 AM
Btw, I just realized it's very comparable in weight and size to the Compact! Longer, about as deep and a tad less tall (especially if take the corkscrew into account).

Welcome to MT.O!   :cheers:

I think you'll find an alox SAK is typically the equivalent, thickness-wise, to a cellidor SAK with one less layer.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #76 on: January 26, 2020, 02:39:16 PM
For everyday carry, the Farmer. I need the SD tip on the can opener for Phillips. For work, Harvester.  The hawkbill blade will get more use than a Phillips screwdriver. Don't have either yet, but will start with the Harvester. May need some help from our Swiss members to get a Bugnard version, seeing as the company does not ship to the USA.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #77 on: January 26, 2020, 02:53:54 PM
Nice - I haven’t seen one in person!  :like: :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99