Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman 25th Anniversary Tools

J-sews · 11 · 8728

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Leatherman 25th Anniversary Tools
on: February 13, 2008, 06:06:15 AM
By now you've no doubt heard that Leatherman will be producing a special run of commemorative tools in celebration of the company's 25th year in business. Anniversary tools have always been a big thing at Leatherman; for their 10th it was an exclusive batch of 24-carat gold-plated PST's, and for their 20th it was two versions of a special black highlighted original Wave.

This year the company will be producing a limited run of New Waves with a unique finish and logo, as well as a shelf queen run of Charge TTi's. As befitting the 25th "silver" anniversary, these Charges will be outfitted with sterling silver handle scales produced by Argentinean silversmith, Adrian Pallarols.

Leatherman had a few samples of each available for previewing at the Shot Show. As I mentioned in the thread Leatherman Silversmith, the silver scale work done by Adrian Pallarols is simply spectacular. Not only are the details and floral patterns themselves quite attractive, but the silver itself gives the tools their own unique lustre. Taken out on the overbright flourescent-lit Shot Show floor, our photographs do not begin to do these works of art justice.

According to Leatherman, the Silver Anniversary Charges will be limited to 999 pieces, each one with its own serial number. Availability is expected to be sometime in early May, price will be about $500 US.

We got a look at one in its own fancy display box, with certificate of authenticity:

For the multitool lover who doesn't want to keep his new tool in a safe deposit box, Leatherman is also producing a limited run of Anniversary Waves. (Apparently 50,000 pieces is considered "limited" in this industry!)  These Waves are quite fetching in their own right, overshadowed only by the pricey silver Charges. Each one is clad in a special set of handles stamped with the 25 YEARS logo and Tim Leatherman's signature. Then the handles, pivots, plier jaws, and lock releases are given a high lustre polish. Even the inside opening blades and drivers, normally a matte finish, are polished to a tee. The entire tool positively glows.

A special sheath is included, but there is no word yet on what accessory bits might come with either tool. The Anniversary Wave is also expected to be available in May.

Dang, I gotta wait three months before I can do this again! ;)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 06:33:18 AM by J-sews »
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Re: Leatherman 25th Anniversary Tools
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 06:10:55 AM
Any guess on the price of the Waves?
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 06:15:21 AM
Any guess on the price of the Waves?

Sorry, I forgot to ask. Maybe Def knows.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 04:36:12 PM
Unfortunately I do not know how much they will be going for- fortunately I can look into it!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 01:23:26 AM
I think it is a nice little piece to have, but just how many are they putting out? Not of just this model but remember Cabellas also has the PST.
S

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 05:48:53 AM
If it's anything like the previous Leatherman Anniversary tools, the value will only go up as time goes on.

Speaking of value, this particular one will probably go up higher than most. It is the prototype, number 000 of 500 (later increased to 999)

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 08:26:01 AM
Whoops! I meant to check Oz price today.

Anyway - They do look swish don't they?

If not much else.

au Offline dingosrun

• bring it on
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 09:36:46 AM
they are very nice would love one but i think the missus would kill me if i got one

SAAM007

Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 12:24:46 PM
I found this article somewhere on this forum before: (sorry can't remeber who post it but the credit goes for him/her)
http://www.equipped.org/blog/?p=79

It says Wave MSRP will be $105. Charge MSRP will be $499.

I wonder how much the Charge will actually cost here in Israel if the dealer will bring one (Probably around 600$-650$).

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 02:29:03 AM
You might want to check with Marc at EDC Depot for pricing. He doesn't have the Anniversary Tools listed on his website, but is often able to get great deals on Leatherman products.

Link: https://edcdepot.com/merchantmanager/contact_us.php

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 10:54:29 AM
You might want to check with Marc at EDC Depot for pricing. He doesn't have the Anniversary Tools listed on his website, but is often able to get great deals on Leatherman products.

Link: https://edcdepot.com/merchantmanager/contact_us.php

Plus he's a damn decent guy to deal with.  ;)
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD