Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Juice S2 gets a SAK blade

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Juice S2 gets a SAK blade
on: June 02, 2012, 04:28:06 PM
Well the first picture shows pretty much what I did, alot of grinding and a new hole.  I didnt have time to finish yet but I thought if I started a thread about it, it might motivate me to get this one back together, then see what other SAK components I can get on there.

Doesn't look too bad eh?  The nail nick has to be moved though... or the scale ground a bit, not sure what to do with that quite yet.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 04:30:43 PM by Syph007 »
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline clickstop

Re: Juice S2 gets a SAK blade
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 06:32:01 PM
Looks awesome so far!  :salute:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 11:42:53 PM
really like this idea, I've just never liked the standard Juice blade shape either.  Look forward to seeing the end product. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline bushidomosquito

Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 02:28:40 AM
What do those Juice scales look like on the back? Ever since I saw J-Sew's titanium Juice I've thought that it would be another good candidate for ti scaling, especially with that nice skeletonized stainless frame that I wouldn't feel compelled to replace. I think the pins are 3/16" if I remember which makes a lot of nice folder pivot hardware available to us.
Sent from my Glock 23 using Doubletaptalk

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 02:38:22 AM
The pins are 1/8 which is handy as I've already got a few of those. :D  The scales are nothing special, cheap aluminum that is very thin and bends very easily.  The steel liners provide all the strength.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 04:31:34 PM
Only 4 and a half years later, Im ready to revisit this project! lol

Still stitting in pieces I didnt have the energy to manually make the Ti scales, but now with my Tormach, I think this weekend's project will be to make some Textured Ti scales for this old juice and get it back to service.   This S2 was actually one of the first MTs I bought and one of the reasons I found MTO to start with.  So.. I feel like I owe it some care.

First step is to go get my parts and scan the liners.  Maybe I will make this into a how to of how I make the CAD files all with free open source software.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 04:38:30 PM
Only 4 and a half years later, Im ready to revisit this project! lol

Still stitting in pieces I didnt have the energy to manually make the Ti scales, but now with my Tormach, I think this weekend's project will be to make some Textured Ti scales for this old juice and get it back to service.   This S2 was actually one of the first MTs I bought and one of the reasons I found MTO to start with.  So.. I feel like I owe it some care.

First step is to go get my parts and scan the liners.  Maybe I will make this into a how to of how I make the CAD files all with free open source software.

I am watching with much interest :dd: Can't wait to see what you can do with your new machine  :o :like:

:popcorn:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 05:09:03 PM
really like this idea, I've just never liked the standard Juice blade shape either.  Look forward to seeing the end product. :tu:

I stand by my above statement. :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Modern SAK

Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 12:50:20 PM
Hey Syph, did you get bored of your juice s2? If not, I have a question about this mod. Do you think victorinox 91mm scissors would fit?

I have my own juice that I've already done the "slim jim" mod to and I love it. I think I can manage grinding and shaping of the pivot with my dremel and files and whatnot. I'll even carve a new nail nick if I have to.

Any kind of educated guess would make it easier to tear down my climber haha. Also, nice to know I can use a sak blade, thanks!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $142.99
PayPal Fees: $8.01
Net Balance: $134.98
Below Goal: $165.02
Site Currency: USD
45%