Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2 new ones on the way.

CQC-7 · 38 · 3698

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Re: 2 new ones on the way.
Reply #30 on: February 16, 2008, 03:32:35 AM
Harvard Gun club in Harvard is where I pop my 50 cal. only 400 yd range though.
S

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 02:21:44 AM
I am a member at the local gun club.  I can shoot out to about 250yds there.  Nothing .50 cal range though, I mostly shoot .22s and frontstuffers.  My friend wants a big 50 and we have a deal going with him.  He buys the gun and as incentive to buy it my friend and I will go in and buy the brass, bullets, and reloading equip as long as we can shoot it every now and again. :)     

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 02:31:17 AM
I reload for the 50 but it still cost $3.50 a pop. However I usually take the big one to family fun days and sportsmans shoots. Then charge 5$ a shot. It is amazing how many guys just want to shoot the thing.
S

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 03:09:39 AM
$3.50 a pop is not all that bad when you consider that Higher Quality .44 mag ammo costs about $2 a pop.  At $5 a pop at family fun days I would consider you a generous fellow. :)  Imagine how much tool money you could make that day if you really wanted to.  I know guys that would probally pay you $10 just to say that they shot the .50 :).  I have shot just about every common cartridge or owned a gun that shot it except the for the .50BMG.  There was a guy in eastern Ohio that was building .50 rifles for a decent price about 5 years ago (about $2000) but I could never come up with the extra cash to be able to justify having him build me one.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 11:30:30 AM
Mine was a present from the wife about 8 years ago. I really dont have the time for it anymore and have contimplated selling it due to a more obssesive shooting I have gotten into, Black powder. I have started to build now and I really enjoy the old front stuffers better. I just finished a .58 cal Hawken for the police chief in my town and am now doing the matching pistol. The pistol alone shoots 80 grains FFG :ahhh That is really enough for any animal in North america. 
S

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 04:42:20 PM
My father and I used to build frontstuffers.  I was kind of a team effort hobby.  I still have a .54 cal percussion hawken kit that I need to get working on sometime.  I dont really have the time or facilities to work on them anymore.  Perhaps I will go get it out of storage sometime soon it has been there since 1996 so after 12 years I an wondering if it is still in good condition.  To my recollection, the barrel was still heavily coated in cosmoline so it should still be alright.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 08:10:02 PM
Hawk, I have been to Harvard Gun club a few times. I usually go to the police shooting range or Bob's Tactical in Salisbury!
B

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 09:50:44 PM
Yah Harvard is the only place I can cut loose with the Class 3 stuff. I told ya I like my toys!!!!
S

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD