Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Chinese Opera Card like thing.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Chinese Opera Card like thing.
on: June 16, 2012, 04:01:13 AM
I couldn't resist buying this cheap item off of eBay, seeing that I already have the Opera Climber and Classic. I also knew it was as fake as can be. No surprise when I got it in the door, and it is obvious that this is no Victorinox product. The Quality is not up to Victorinox standards. On the other hand, I have no issues buying fakes along with the real items. I take a guilty pleasure in comparing them to the real deal and finding faults with them.

Plenty of things that are wrong with this card. Primarily that they faked the beloved Vic symbol. The knife is all wrong. The scissors are oddly enough of good quality. The tweezers are junk, and that file. Well, that is trash city and is the best clue that this is not a Victorinox product. The card itself is strangely well constructed...but everything else adds to a junky product that besmirches Victorinox's good name.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: Chinese Opera Card like thing.
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 11:20:03 AM
What a piece of sh*t.
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Chinese Opera Card like thing.
Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 01:17:43 PM
Yes. Looks like there are plenty of rip offs with Victorinox's name and symbol on them out there these days.

Luckily, I was aware it was a fake  but plenty of people would buy this and think that Victorinox is junk.

For example, in my copy, the plastic piece at the end of the tweezers tend to pop out of their two small retaining holes when you put them back into the card. This means the plastic end angles up to such a degree that you can't push the tweezers home with any regularity. Most of the times, you have to pull them back out, apply pressure so that the two plastic nubs are seated properly into their two associated holes in the metal  tweezers part, and try again.  :facepalm:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31