Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Interesting.

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Interesting.
on: November 22, 2006, 03:38:53 AM
I used my Blast at work today, along with a co-worker who was using a new Wave, and some very interesting things came to light. First, the Blast was able to reach screws better then the Wave since the Screwdrivers are alot longer then the stubby bit drivers on the Wave. As he was hammering a nail into wood, it got stuck behind a plank, and he could no longer hammer it. He tried to use the pliers on his Wave to pull it back out, but the head broke off, leaving a sharp piece sticking out. We both used our files to grind and file it down. Because of the fact that the file opens towards the bottom of the handles on my Blast, as opposed to the top of the pliers on his Wave, I was better able to reach the nail simply by opening up the handle with the file open. I was able to dig in further. My Blast blew his Wave away in performance, and blew me away as well, since I thought the Wave was the better tool.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Interesting.
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 03:56:49 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the second time you've shot down the Wave?

Admit it, you are working for Gerber, right?  :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 04:24:54 AM
DAMN IT, Def, you've figured me out!!  LOL.  Yes, I guess it is the second time I shoot down my beloved Wave.  It wasn't really me trying to shoot it down so much as it was me trying to get the Blast over.  Better yet, it was more me expressing some legit surprise.  Don't get me wrong, I still love the Wave, and EDC it everyday.  I brought the Blast to work today to show it t someone.  It just surprised me that it did so well.  The Wave still suites my needs great, specially the one hand opening feature, and it still has sentimental value, as well as being one of the best all around tools out there.  It was just a bit of a shock how good the Blast did.
LOL Gerber.   

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 02:31:47 AM
If the teeth on your Blast's file blade are anything like the teeth on mine, it made short work of that broken nail. I've never felt teeth this sharp on a file before. I haven't tried it out yet, but this file feels like it would really remove the material quickly.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%