Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Question about a Victorinox Woodsman, or modded Explorer? ...or modded Champion?

it Offline basilio

• No Life Club
Hello!
I recently bought (less than 10 euros  :D) the following knife

Looking at the sakwiki, it seems almost the Woodsman
http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Woodsman+91mm,
but with a big difference: my model as an additional back tool, the small screwdriver.
I found a very interesting topic on this forum, see here about the middle of the page
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,34160.msg557332.html#msg557332

Yes, if you look at the pictures you will see an additional backtool that the Woodsman would not normally have, a small screwdriver. It also would not appear on an Explorer. Thus, although I bought it as an " Explorer Plus" referring to the addition of the saw blade and not also the scales, it is really more of a stripped down Champion. Unfortunately, it was not a Champion Plus. Of course as I mentioned, it is now a better knife, as I added a plus scale to get the pen. With such an otherwise complete knife it seemed a shame not to have that feature.

Thanks for asking though. A 91mm Woodsman is a fine knife. Since Champion Plus knives can often be had for a reasonable amount, it would be a good modification to make and relatively simple for experienced modder's. If one is getting it to be a user, it is probably more cost effective, especially if one can do it themselves.
 :climber:
The knife shown there seems almost identical to mine.
Any ideas?
Do you think the knife I have was modded too?

gb Offline user24

• SAK collector and all-purpose geek
Easy way to tell if it was modded is to pop the scales off and look at the rivets, if you're happy to glue them back on again.
"Nothing endures but change" - Heraclitus.

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
I have a picture of one just like that, so its probably factory rather than a modification. No other specific info. The original Woodsman was ten blades without the hook on the back. Then the eleven blade version with the hook. Yours is probably simply a later version with the fine screwdriver added.

Nice find and a great price.  :tu:

Karl

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
The original Woodsman was ten blades without the hook on the back. Then the eleven blade version with the hook. Yours is probably simply a later version with the fine screwdriver added.

This is exactly what it is. I have 6-7 Woodmans (Woodsmen?) from different time periods - from the early 80s to the late 90s. All original. The back tool evolve over that period just like they do for the SwissChamp, Champion, etc. Odds are very good that it is original. Looks like a typical early to mid 1990s Woodsman. Nice find.

gb Offline Zag

Nice find and a great price.  :tu:

+1

SuperTimer at €22 and Woodsman at €10  :tu:

Where is this shop exactly?  :D
AloxWorld.com

it Offline basilio

• No Life Club
Wow,
thank you Coloswiss and jazzbass for your informations!

Easy way to tell if it was modded is to pop the scales off and look at the rivets, if you're happy to glue them back on again.

Since there is the previous owner's name on the scales, I am planning to replace them anyway, so I will post a picture about the rivets.

+1

SuperTimer at €22 and Woodsman at €10  :tu:

Where is this shop exactly?  :D

The shop is called...ebay Italy!
Of course the auctions didn't mention in the title or description "Supertimer" or "Woodsman"  8)

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Nice find, especially at that price. Not too common a model  :tu:
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Great find. Congratulations  :tu:
Prone to daydreaming.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26