Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What was the fastest speed you got ticketed for.

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Re: What was the fastest speed you got ticketed for.
Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 08:39:22 PM
Lucky, none yet. Only because they didnt catch me doing it and I evaded a Statie once(very lucky and I dont suggest that anyone does it). Now, I tend to watch my speed. Did have one of the local farmers get a speeding ticket on a John Deere tractor. LMAO!!!! He was doing 36 in a 25. He has it framed. :rofl: :rofl:
Okay, totally OT but fun anecdote here...

When I was a bike messenger in San Francisco I had a legal filing to pick up at none other than Melvin Belli's office...

When I got there, there was a Testarosa parked in the No Parking zone right in front of the front door, with a parking ticket on it. 

Being the mischievous lad I was at the time, I snagged the citation from under the wiper on my way in.  I kept it on the fridge in the apt. I was sharing at the time, because I thought it was totally cool to have a parking ticket with Make: Ferrari, Model: Testarosa on it...   :D  of course it's not like Mr. Belli couldn't afford to pay the FTP fee for a parking ticket to the city... so I also considered it a public service by helping him contribute to the city budget!   >:D
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline powerring

• In brightest day....
Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 12:27:39 AM
Lucky, none yet. Only because they didnt catch me doing it and I evaded a Statie once(very lucky and I dont suggest that anyone does it). Now, I tend to watch my speed. Did have one of the local farmers get a speeding ticket on a John Deere tractor. LMAO!!!! He was doing 36 in a 25. He has it framed. :rofl: :rofl:

When I was a bike messenger in San Francisco I had a legal filing to pick up at none other than Melvin Belli's office...

When I got there, there was a Testarosa parked in the No Parking zone right in front of the front door, with a parking ticket on it. 

Being the mischievous lad I was at the time, I snagged the citation from under the wiper on my way in.  I kept it on the fridge in the apt. I was sharing at the time, because I thought it was totally cool to have a parking ticket with Make: Ferrari, Model: Testarosa on it...   :D  of course it's not like Mr. Belli couldn't afford to pay the FTP fee for a parking ticket to the city... so I also considered it a public service by helping him contribute to the city budget!   >:D

:salute:  That was so wrong, yet so right.

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 03:43:39 AM
10+ Years ago I used to work as a delivery driver for a large catalogue company - driving 7.5tonne box vans,  great fun!!

One of the villages was notorious for camera vans trying and catch you out.. you know ....parked up just round the bend, so, you've no time to brake...B**stards.

One particular day I'm heading straight in to the village, late an' trying to make up time. Got flashed several times on my approach by other motorists that as I went round the bend, saw the camera van parked up waiting on a street legal stretch of road i.e no markings. I was so mad that I decided to take my legally required 45 minute tacho' break there and then. Pulled up the van right up to his back doors, made it look as if was delivering a parcel to the house he was parked outside of, i.e big show of me with clipboard and a random parcel that just happened to be sat on the seat next to me. Got out of the van locked it, could sense his disbelief then walked round the back of my van... an' just kept walking the 200yds to the cafe that was round the corner!!. I returned 40 minutes later with a very annoyed speed camera operator fuming... turns out he'd parked right upto a lampost..........basically he was stuck LOL.
He demanded to know what the hell I was playing at. I made up some story of the customers parcel being the wrong item resulting in me having to make numerous phone calls trying to sort the problem out.

Honestly, the guy was livid, swearing, etc etc.
Made my day.
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 04:01:33 AM
That's a great story!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 04:06:03 AM
I liked that. :D

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #35 on: June 15, 2012, 09:19:25 AM
Nice one mate, there usually proper smug b'stids anyway :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #36 on: June 15, 2012, 03:17:56 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #37 on: June 15, 2012, 03:18:55 PM
10+ Years ago I used to work as a delivery driver for a large catalogue company - driving 7.5tonne box vans,  great fun!!

One of the villages was notorious for camera vans trying and catch you out.. you know ....parked up just round the bend, so, you've no time to brake...B**stards.

One particular day I'm heading straight in to the village, late an' trying to make up time. Got flashed several times on my approach by other motorists that as I went round the bend, saw the camera van parked up waiting on a street legal stretch of road i.e no markings. I was so mad that I decided to take my legally required 45 minute tacho' break there and then. Pulled up the van right up to his back doors, made it look as if was delivering a parcel to the house he was parked outside of, i.e big show of me with clipboard and a random parcel that just happened to be sat on the seat next to me. Got out of the van locked it, could sense his disbelief then walked round the back of my van... an' just kept walking the 200yds to the cafe that was round the corner!!. I returned 40 minutes later with a very annoyed speed camera operator fuming... turns out he'd parked right upto a lampost..........basically he was stuck LOL.
He demanded to know what the hell I was playing at. I made up some story of the customers parcel being the wrong item resulting in me having to make numerous phone calls trying to sort the problem out.

Honestly, the guy was livid, swearing, etc etc.
Made my day.
Oh that is great!
Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68