Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Royal mail rant ,

Zed · 23 · 1431

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Royal mail rant ,
on: June 20, 2012, 08:41:19 AM
Is this just me or is royal mail getting worse, last month i had 5 things disapear on route to me  :think: oh sorry i mean 6 , plus ive had a few things go astray on there way to other folk, also i do sighned for 1st class and although i check for days these things dont always seem to get sighned for  :think: oddly though ive noticed you dont here from the person you send to until you send them a PM and you get the usual its not here yet  :think: so it ends up lost  ::) and you end up paying the person back and losing the item, plus you then have to go through RM's paper work to get funds back ,and thats another rant in its self  :rant:  i lost a few pound last year and iam now thinking about stopping selling stuff as i get stuffed everytime  :-\ am i alone here or is RM going down the pan  :-\ 

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Royal mail rant ,
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 09:17:47 AM
I have to say my experience with them is a lot better than your's.  I don't post out lots of stuff, but I do use them often enough to still call myself a happy customer.  I have only had one thing sent to me that didn't arrive and I know that the (temp) postman was charged with theft over the issue.  Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with them though.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 09:28:16 AM
Too be honest gareth because of my issues with them i feel like its a gamble every time i send something, i was also told by a lady at my local PO that posties sighn packages themselves, this is ok but then the person getting the package can say it hasnt arrived as they didnt sighn for it, although you probably have more a good reason to get this sorted due to the postie doing it, but if they deliver it and no one sighns it then the person can just say it didnt arrive  :-\ also if you pay for other means of posting at the RM it cost a lot more money.I guess ive just been very unlucky with them but ive ranted enough down my local PO and i get on really well with the girls down there so they understand but even they tell me the system is pretty screwed up  :-\

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 10:03:59 AM
I've never had a problem. Complain to your local delivery office instead of the post office as they MAY have a bad egg working there.
I

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 11:17:28 AM
I've never had a problem. Complain to your local delivery office instead of the post office as they MAY have a bad egg working there.

Will do ryan,  :tu: 

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 02:26:39 PM
Complain to everyone and anyone who will listen.  Bring in an itemized list of everything that's been lost and when it was lost, what method of mailing was used etc.  If you make enough noise and put off enough people they will pay special attention to every parcel that has your name on it, regardless of the direction it goes, simply because they don't ever want to deal with you again.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 02:36:59 PM
It seems to be a postcode lottery, but I think there's a general decline in the quality service, which is inversely proportional to the price hikes >:(

What I send from here generally gets to where it belongs without too much drama. What I am waiting to receive, I very often have to go pick up myself, only to find they are holding other things there with no attempt at delivery.

I get VERY pissed off on a regular basis with this system - why am I doing the job they are paid for?
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 02:59:53 PM
Yep i will make some noise Def  :tu: i have sent in a few forms complaining about the service but never get a reply, ill keep moaning to them  :tu:

yeah chrissy i get this as well, the sysyem is pretty crap these days  :-\

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 03:17:04 PM
Go in, remain calm and point out to the postmaster everything that has gone wrong.  With dates and supportive paperwork if you have them.  Remain calm through the whole thing, as if you were discussing a documentary on the exciting world of cardboard box manufacturing.  Mention how disappointed you are and how much money you are out.  Provide copies of any and all paperwork you have, and mention that you are continuing to keep a journal of every issue you have.  Then, ask for the contact information for the next person in line and repeat the process.

If enough people do that the system will change.  If only you do that then at least when you drop your parcels off the postmaster will remember you.  And if he or she is not around when you drop off packages, make sure to ask the person serving you if they are around.  If not just casually say "that's ok, just let them know I was here and I said hullo."

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 03:48:13 PM
Go in, remain calm and point out to the postmaster everything that has gone wrong.  With dates and supportive paperwork if you have them.  Remain calm through the whole thing, as if you were discussing a documentary on the exciting world of cardboard box manufacturing.  Mention how disappointed you are and how much money you are out.  Provide copies of any and all paperwork you have, and mention that you are continuing to keep a journal of every issue you have.  Then, ask for the contact information for the next person in line and repeat the process.

If enough people do that the system will change.  If only you do that then at least when you drop your parcels off the postmaster will remember you.  And if he or she is not around when you drop off packages, make sure to ask the person serving you if they are around.  If not just casually say "that's ok, just let them know I was here and I said hullo."

Def

:tu:  will do mate, i do generaly see the same lady and we always have a laugh so i know them well, recently moaning a lot to her  :D   :salute:

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 09:51:04 PM
You kinow 1st class signed for is crap don't you?  It's not worth anything.

The only way to make sure something of value gets there is RMSD, but it costs.

I've not had any problems myself with incoming or outgoing. Infact I was happy this week to find a dog lead sent top the US arrived in 1 week, but it did cost £5 to send which I wasn't very happy about.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 10:10:41 PM
You kinow 1st class signed for is crap don't you?   It's not worth anything.

The only way to make sure something of value gets there is RMSD, but it costs.

I've not had any problems myself with incoming or outgoing. Infact I was happy this week to find a dog lead sent top the US arrived in 1 week, but it did cost £5 to send which I wasn't very happy about.

I do now  :D but RMSD is pricey, too be honest if this is the way ill end up having to go ill probably now bother unless the tiem is small, what do you class something of value ?  well my mum sent my daughter her birthday card last friday for this thursday and it hasnt turned up, the plot thickens  :-\ there was no money in it before anyone asks as she gave me it a few weeks back, but my grandad who worked for the RM god rest his soul always told me to never send money in bright coloured envelopes as there is thieving B#st##ds in the RM  :D

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 11:08:42 PM
I tend to go RMSD for items above £50

If there is a probloem at the sorting office, ask others down your road or nearby if they have had items go missing. Contact the local news paper with a story about the "problem" post  service? Although that could go the wrong way if they give your name and details!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 08:54:13 AM
I tend to go RMSD for items above £50

If there is a probloem at the sorting office, ask others down your road or nearby if they have had items go missing. Contact the local news paper with a story about the "problem" post  service? Although that could go the wrong way if they give your name and details!

Alot of the stuff ive sent have been below this amount some stuff ive lost money on so tend not to want to lose more on postage (yeah thats not worked out well lol) i will ask down my street, in fact i think ill do a survey  :tu: thanks for the idea mate  :salute:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 09:32:15 AM
I think another tactic ill try now is adding more for postage and doing RMSD , another situation ive been in a few times is sending sighned for but getting no sig i leave it for a week as no pm from the buyer and when i send a pm i get its not arrived, although this could be the buyer sadly, i had this twice last year and once this year , so looks like im going to have to go with RMSD  and up my prices,

The odd thing is when i send just 1st class on this forum to members ive dealt whith before and trust i never get a issue, infact ive never really had any problems on MTO .
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:33:52 AM by Zed »

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 10:07:51 AM
signed for is exactly the same as first class, its not tracked and anyone can sign for it as far as i know
I

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 10:11:45 AM
signed for is exactly the same as first class, its not tracked and anyone can sign for it as far as i know

I just liked the fact it use to be sighned for so you know its arrived,although ive had them turn up and not been sighned for  :think:

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 10:30:04 AM

It's sad to hear these stories  :(
I have to say so far I've been lucky with everything I have ever posted  :tu:
(especially the first thing I ever posted to you Paul which was very badly packed  :-[ )

plod b.JPG
* plod b.JPG (Filesize: 26.66 KB)
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 08:41:43 PM

It's sad to hear these stories  :(
I have to say so far I've been lucky with everything I have ever posted  :tu:
(especially the first thing I ever posted to you Paul which was very badly packed  :-[ )

:D   i think ive just been very unlucky and possibly its not always RM fault as i may of fallen victim to a few scams over the years (as said never on here)  :salute:  last year i sent out a few pocket knives to a guy i did sighned for but they never was but after a week he never pm'ed me, i pm'ed him and he said they hadnt arrived but his service is slow (what a week 1st class ?) buy the following wed he said the same but i wasnt happy so after he bought some more stuff from me i sent a bit extra as fely guity, again it never got sighned for and he never sent me a email etc, i just left it in the end as felt i was being scammed,  :-\

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 11:48:48 PM
Considering the thousands of packages I've sent out in the last few years I'm glad to say that overall RM are doing OK.  Not that I like the new prices any ::) :)

Very rare a domestic package goes missing.

Sounds like you might have a rotten apple your end Paul :(  Make sure the local depot know what's going on so they can look into it.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Royal mail rant ,
Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 03:31:01 AM

When I have recieved goods from the UK that is signed for I am the only one that can signe for it and they demand a photo ID every time even when they know me. I believe that I also could have tracked it if I wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 09:13:09 AM

When I have recieved goods from the UK that is signed for I am the only one that can signe for it and they demand a photo ID every time even when they know me. I believe that I also could have tracked it if I wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sadly this isnt the case her in the uk, im on the case of the rotten egg  :salute:

no Offline JRB65

• Dutchman by birth, living in Norway by choice...
Royal mail rant ,
Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 11:29:30 AM
RM worked fine for me this time :)

Got a notification from Survival Depot on tuesday that my Piranha was ready to be shipped - and received it today.
Not too bad, it took exactly three days from the UK to my door in Norway :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%