Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Of mice and Men

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Of mice and Men
on: June 21, 2012, 08:19:06 PM
Look what happens when mice take up residence under the intake of a Hemi:

Never underestimate the power of the fleece

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: Of mice and Men
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:32:07 PM
Nasty.     :(
I'm the milk man!

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:55:19 PM
Not too bad, you should see when they nest in heater fans, and they don't have time to get away before the fan turns on :o

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 11:18:27 PM
Not too bad, you should see when they nest in heater fans, and they don't have time to get away before the fan turns on :o

I could only imagine the smell.  :ahhh
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 11:23:16 PM
That's a nasty mess. I hope that's not your Hemi!

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 01:26:47 AM
Na, just a customer's. It was only six months old though. Not too unexpected, it's par for the course with farmer's trucks, and it becomes quite a regular thing when the winters are especially cold, and the mice are looking for someplace warm and toasty.

us Offline Logrus9

Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 02:31:33 PM
That reminds me of when I worked at a gas station. Customer said her car was running rough so I popped the hood. While looking around I noticed the spark plug wires on the distributor cap were shiny and fluted. What the hell?? is this some new performance wire set?? Then I realized squirrels had chewed the insulation off of the boots. I went to point out the problem to the customer and ZAP!! forgot it was running and got too close  :rant:   :facepalm:

That one hurt.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 02:56:17 PM
That's one of those lessons you only need to learn once!  Automotive electricity packs a good wallop!

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline bushidomosquito

Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 03:17:45 PM
A friend of mine has a show truck that's lowered, has the beautiful $20,000 engine, headache inducing stereo, the whole works. We were standing outside admiring his new wheels when a giant rat just came strolling down the curb in broad daylight and when it got to his truck it crawled straight up into the engine compartment. He said, "Hey man, watch this. I'm gonna scare the hell outta that rat." and hit the remote start button on his keys. There was a bit of a grindy splatty sound as it fired up and we saw a bloody chunk roll out from under the front of the truck.

He cussed about what a stupid idea that was and we went and popped the hood to survey the damage. It was a splatterhouse mess under there. I couldn't work out a better way to feed a rat into a belt drive/fan system if I thought about it for a day than that unfortunate rat got. We couldn't find a piece of him bigger than the 1/3 that rolled out. I seriously think he got pulled in between a belt and pulley, squeezed out like a tube of toothpaste and then the empty tube was tossed to the fan to finish off.

My girlfriend was gone with my car so we had to drive a few blocks to the auto store for engine cleaner and hope it didn't heat up enough to start a rat stir fry, then off to the car wash to spray the remains out. It was awesome to stand there and  :rofl: while he cussed and sprayed and scraped and picked little rat bits out of the pulley system of an engine that was going to be inspected like crazy by truck show judges.
Sent from my Glock 23 using Doubletaptalk

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 03:22:37 PM
Reminds me of years ago, had a service manager who wanted to show a customer that her spark plug wires were arcing when they were wet. So he grabbed a spray bottle off of the porter's cart, but he did not notice that the bottle was windshield washer fluid, which is mostly alcohol. He started her car and gave the wires a few squirts. As the engine glowed with one of those dancing blue alcohol flames, she was like "OK, OK! You made you point! Put it out!"

:rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44