Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger Rangergrip 90 not in the UK ... yet

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Wenger Rangergrip 90 not in the UK ... yet
on: June 30, 2012, 07:56:33 PM
I've been keeping my eye out for a while, and putting a few pennies aside, for the arrival of the new Rangergrip 90 from Wenger as highlighted by Grant at SHOT 2012 HERE. The main gripe with this model appears to be the price irrespective of where you are.

I did the respectable MTo member thing of checking out the net for US and European dealers, but I didn't think there'd be any real saving getting from the US instead of Europe by the time the postage is added ... plus, being a pricey item to start off with, if any duties get applied on the way in from over the pond it would definitely be better off sourced here (I've been stung with that a few times before). I couldn't find any UK retailers listing them to compare prices with though ... so I phoned Whitby, Wenger's UK agents

Whitby hasn't even got it on their system yet which means nobody has brought any into the UK, and had to look it up to find out what on earth I was going on about. They tracked it down in the catalogue and price list, and told me the UK RRP ...... £115.95  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Having said that, you do get A LOT of tool from the looks of it, and when you compare it to the list prices of much of LM's tools overs here ... it doesn't seem too bad. The nice lady at Whitby then put me in touch with one of their customers, a retailer she thought might consider fetching them in, and I've spoken to them. I made a specific point of telling him what the RRP is, and said "... but I was wondering what kind of a deal YOU might be able to do it for ..." They're looking into it for me, but I don't expect a humongous reduction on the price.

If anyone else in the UK is tempted by this, send me a PM. I'll feed back to the retailer and tell them that another X number of people might be interested if the price is right. They're way too pricey for me to do a group buy ... but we might be able to get the retailer to do that for us  ;) :D :D :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Re: Wenger Rangergrip 90 not in the UK ... yet
Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 01:24:18 PM
Quick update on this:

Not that there was any interest anyway  :rofl: but I have ended up going a slightly different route, so I should have one in about a months time. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting my mitts on it, and if it's even half as good as I hope it is, I'll also be getting myself a wood gas stove for hiking/camping  :D :D :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Re: Wenger Rangergrip 90 not in the UK ... yet
Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 02:45:44 PM
Bit spendy, but I think with all this stuff if you wait there seems to be a price drop here and there, and f course US members who are happy to ship over economically for you ;)

Looking forward to seeing what you think about it anyway.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69