Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Stop me before it is too late:

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Stop me before it is too late:
on: March 28, 2008, 09:59:34 PM
Please someone call me back from the edge.  :ahhh  I am actually thinking about trying to go a WHOLE week with only ONE sak.  No Swiss Tool or Spirit tucked away in the car, no Classic on the key ring just ONE sak on my person in my possesion.

I think I could make it, if I choose the OHT but it will take me a couple days just to get the list narrowed down. ???

Please someone just tell me it's the fever talking and take two SAks and go to bed or someone join me in this MADNESS!!!  >:D

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Re: Stop me before it is too late:
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 10:31:18 PM
Swiss man. Check your PM's.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 10:33:35 PM
It can be done, and it's good practice because it makes you think about a task and how you can adapt your tool to meet the problem :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 11:10:05 PM
You just want an excuse to show off that nice kydex OHT sheath! :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 11:15:19 PM
Eric's handy work per chance ???

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 11:24:19 PM
Are there any others? :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 11:27:22 PM
Are there any others? :P

Def
I've really got to get him to do one for my Farmer :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 11:29:36 PM
Yes, you do!

Def

Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 11:35:41 PM
Yes, you do!

Def
I think Dale made the best farmer sheaths, he made one so it would hold the Sak secure weather the blade was open or closed, but he said he was out of the kydex business :(

Do you reckon eric would do one like that ???

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 11:41:50 PM
I'm sure if you ask him he might.

Remember, just about everyone who does kydex now learned the craft from Eric either directly or indirectly.

I doubt anyone out there could do something he couldn't.

Def

Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 11:44:33 PM
I'm sure if you ask him he might.

Remember, just about everyone who does kydex now learned the craft from Eric either directly or indirectly.

I doubt anyone out there could do something he couldn't.

Def
It's definatly something for the future, I've wanted a baldric rig for a Farmer for years now, and silver alox should hold up really well to the rigures of kydex :)

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 04:17:34 AM

After work on Monday night, my Fiance and I went out for dinner. We went to the Capital Grill in Burlington MA. A pheneomenal place to eat! Anyway, I carried just one SAK- the Handyman.. To be honest I felt like I was well equipped.. The Handyman is a great SAK and is not cumbersome or bulky... By the way, can someone tell me what the difference between the two GAKs are? I think its because one locks, but don't quote me on it!

I tried to carry my LM Charge TTi but she flipped out and said it looked ''ridiculous''! She loves her pink Squirt though!
B

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 05:52:37 AM
Please someone call me back from the edge.  :ahhh  I am actually thinking about trying to go a WHOLE week with only ONE sak.  No Swiss Tool or Spirit tucked away in the car, no Classic on the key ring just ONE sak on my person in my possesion.

I think I could make it, if I choose the OHT but it will take me a couple days just to get the list narrowed down. ???

Please someone just tell me it's the fever talking and take two SAks and go to bed or someone join me in this MADNESS!!!  >:D

:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:  There, now snap out of it. For one thing, there really is no good reason to go down this slippery slope you're heading, so just don't.  :D

Mike
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 10:35:51 AM
Embrace your weakness :D
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 11:17:55 PM
Thank you Mike and Big Target

I came in off that ledge. It's not that I can't, I just don't want to do. You see I have my addiction under control.
Wait a second I think my SAKs are calling me.   Swiss Man

Offline FredKJ

Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 01:44:20 PM
You're only hope is a celebrity rehab program.  Then you can spend the week with Britney Spears.  You can deal with your issues together.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 01:59:40 PM
Thank you Mike and Big Target

I came in off that ledge. It's not that I can't, I just don't want to do. You see I have my addiction under control.
Wait a second I think my SAKs are calling me.   Swiss Man

Love your addiction
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline FredKJ

Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 02:09:21 PM
Guys, I think he needs an intervention.  Of course we are probably not exactly the crowd to help him with that.   :climber:  Now I have to solve my problem.  On several occasions I caught myself with the wrong SAK for the problem I had to deal with.  The only solution is to have several on me. 

Coming here to solve his problem is like an alcoholic going through the Jack Daniels plant tour to seek help.

Offline FredKJ

Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 02:17:22 PM
Of course there is a solution if he wants to carry only one SAK.  I fear showing him this but that never stopped us.

This is your one knife to carry.

http://www.wengerna.com/browse/product.jsp?prod_id=1260&cat_id=1&sub_cat_id=23

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 02:31:58 PM
If only it came in ALOX! :P

Def

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 02:36:08 PM
If only it came in ALOX! :P

Def

But just think how annoying it would be if you had all those tools, but no tooth pick.  :D
I'm back!!

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 11:01:43 PM
Guys, I think he needs an intervention.  Of course we are probably not exactly the crowd to help him with that.   :climber:  Now I have to solve my problem.  On several occasions I caught myself with the wrong SAK for the problem I had to deal with.  The only solution is to have several on me. 

Coming here to solve his problem is like an alcoholic going through the Jack Daniels plant tour to seek help.

Wow, you guys care (tears welling up in eyes) I thank you for showing me the GAINT WENGER just like Brittany something else I can't have. (at least thats what her lawyers say) TRO are such a bummer.

"No Honey I am not on line with those guys again" I better get going my Swiss Champion is calling for me.

Offline FredKJ

Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 01:59:15 PM

Wow, you guys care (tears welling up in eyes) I thank you for showing me the GAINT WENGER just like Brittany something else I can't have. (at least thats what her lawyers say) TRO are such a bummer.

"No Honey I am not on line with those guys again" I better get going my Swiss Champion is calling for me.

So you got the restraining order for stalking Britney as well.  I feel your pain.  It's tuff when you have a thing for bald chicks.  At least you can't get slapped with a restraining order for lusting after the Wenger Giant.  It solves the one thing to carry problem but then always creates a second problem of how to carry it. 

Offline FredKJ

Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 03:04:40 PM
BTW even though her attorneys just couldn't appreciate the sentiment and returned it to me when they served me with the restraining order I think Britney would have really liked the Wenger S557 I sent her for a Christmas present.  The serrated scissors would have been really good at cutting her hair when she couldn't get it done and the strop polished blade would have been really good at the shaving touch up on her "do".  Another reason every woman should carry a SAK.  Of course in this neo-Nazi society we live in I suspect they would have confiscated it when she was taken into custody for mental evaluation.  What a Shame!  :drool:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%