Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

UK residents beware, there is an opportunity to personalize a SAK...

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Small collection of SAK's, (but growing rapidly. :D) not so fast at this time. :( And the most important of all: Ze Zuper Zoldier by Steve!  :ahhh
Wishlist for 2014: Rangergrip 88, Victorinox: CT41, Spirit X BO CC, Swisstool X BO, Some limited Alox stuffs and so on

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
This is so cool!
You can make an infinite number of combinations :ahhh

Edit:
And they are free :)

Edit 2:
Yellow scales, quite unusual as well :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:18:07 PM by Reinier »
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Could someone pick up one for me?  ::)
Small collection of SAK's, (but growing rapidly. :D) not so fast at this time. :( And the most important of all: Ze Zuper Zoldier by Steve!  :ahhh
Wishlist for 2014: Rangergrip 88, Victorinox: CT41, Spirit X BO CC, Swisstool X BO, Some limited Alox stuffs and so on

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived

idem?

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Great idea. Just ordered my design.  :salute:
I'm going for one in yellow.

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
This stinks. The knife is free, but only one per person and you need a photo ID to pick it up.

But if an industrious person had a large family that didn't want the knives for themselves... :whistle:
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Cool idea, but I'm not going to be anywhere near London on those dates. :cry: 
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
:pok: :D

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Wow! That's pretty cool for those that might be in London on either of those two days.  :cheers:

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
I guess I picked the perfect time to go to London! I just made my design, but I looks I like I can edit until I actually pick it up. Hopefully pics on the way. :gimme:

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
I submitted my design.
I have a sister-in-law in London, so she's gonna pick it up and brought it to me when she came here in August.

us Offline Frankctz

Any chance to ship one to US... :cry: :cry:

nl Offline Waterlander

• Don't follow me, I'm lost too..
Really cool to personalize your SAK like this.
For us outside england and not so lucky: if you order cellidor scales from swiss-knife.com in Europe, they will print it for free with your own text.  Shipping is not really cheap, but at least it is something to stop the bleeding.  :D

http://www.swiss-knife.com/default.asp?lan=EN

gb Offline Zag

Thanks for making me aware of this.
I'll get you one. PM me your design and i'll pick it up for you
AloxWorld.com

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Very cool if you're down that way.  Alas, the petrol/train fare would make it a very expensive free SAK for me :)
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
...the...train fare would make it a very expensive free SAK for me :)

I can't believe this. Our media and environmentalists are constantly telling us to build more passenger rail because everyone in Europe is traveling all over their countries for nearly nothing.

They wouldn't lie, would they? ???
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Guess :)

To be fair, if its just you travelling and you book the tickets in advance the train down to London is cheaper than on the road.  However if you want to take the family it works out cheaper in a car.

Many years back when I was single travelling round the country on the train made economic sense, these days I'm much better off driving.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Thanks for making me aware of this.
I'll get you one. PM me your design and i'll pick it up for you
Thanks for that, PM sent!

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
My cousin went yesterday to pick up my personalized sak, but they told her that they were still doing the requested design and that they are going to mail it to her as soon as they finish it.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Yeh there was a lot of that!Apparantly theres a three day backlog on completion!Funnily,my friend,who'd booked hers much later than I did,walked ouy with hers :rant:

Full credit to the staff dealling with the freebees,they were awesome.The security guy was very cool,but the gy actually selling SAKs...well he should have been small,blue and wearing a floppy hat!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Zag

They have done mine on the spot so i guess it was lucky. But they refused to do another one despite me having my wife's ID with me. "In person only" according to the lady who helped me.

Here is my discreet design. I asked for my Yeosawl to be engraved instead of the free spartan.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:15:56 PM by Zag »
AloxWorld.com

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
I liked the look of that compass design as well. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
I also requested that compass design on black scales.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
I was delighted to find mine waiting for me last night :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :drool:

:D :D :D :D :D :D
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
I was delighted to find mine waiting for me last night :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :drool:

That looks cool :tu: Great choice on the blue scales. :salute:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,38918.0.html  :pok:

gb Offline Pignut71

Hey Kirk13,

That's the engraving I requested but on yellow scales, at least I thinki did - the order process was a bit weird IMO?!

Anyway, I'm popping in to the store tomorrow to see if it's there. Still can't believe it's all free!

Regards, Jon.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Very nice, how come they put the design on the back, is this something you specified.
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Not enough room on the front ;)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
There is more room on the front, no cut out for the corkscrew.

If they stick my design on the back a lot of the writing will be gone as I designed it on the front. Unless there was an option to flip the knife over I did not see.
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Hey Kirk13,

That's the engraving I requested but on yellow scales, at least I thinki did - the order process was a bit weird IMO?!

Anyway, I'm popping in to the store tomorrow to see if it's there. Still can't believe it's all free!

Regards, Jon.

Yeh I agree about the order process!I think some bright spark in thier marketing dept thought it would be a good way to promote thie rnew engraving service.I rather think they got over loaded on demand for it though,hence the need to mail order things.At least they honoured the offer,and didnt put any conditions on it.Good luck for tomorrow!

There is more room on the front, no cut out for the corkscrew.

If they stick my design on the back a lot of the writing will be gone as I designed it on the front. Unless there was an option to flip the knife over I did not see.

It would have been nice if they had used scales with the Shield on the back,leaving more spce on the front.I can only guess that would have cost more?Or perhaps its because the services offer in the engraving are limited?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%