Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

UK residents beware, there is an opportunity to personalize a SAK...

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Just left the store now.
Quite frankly wish I had not bothered.
Staff were a rude and dismissive. One gentleman starting serving me and when I queried wether the front could be etched as the knife on there website had its front etched, just said I don't think it did sir then turned his back and starting dealing with the person behind me.
So I was left standing there with my card in my hand. After then waiting for the other assistant to finish with a customer I started speaking to her and handed her the card  she turned her back and walked off with out saying a word and started chatting to another assistant on the other side of the shop floor.

I wish I had gone to work.
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

gb Offline Pignut71

I must say I'm kinda with you. It wasn't a great experience, I didn't personally have an issue with the staff but I'm a bit disappointed at the fact I couldn't have yellow scales even though that's what was on their site. Went for black in the end which I'm sure will look great - when they turn up!

Also picked up a couple of leather pocket sheaths, one for my alox classic and one for a 4 layer SAK which is currently housing my Field Master. Also picked up one of the leather sheaths to clip on a key ring, that will house my Mini Champ. Oh, and a kitchen knife with an orange handle - couldn't resist!!

I do think if your ever in a city that has a Victorinox store it is well worth a mooch round all the SAK's, it's a great display.

Atb, Jon.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
This has been my general experiance of Londons Vic shop,with one very notable exception(I was served by a very nice lady,and got a free 84mil SAK)

I rather think the Vic shop os for high rollers looking to buy a brand name rther than the Movers,Fixers and Enabler of this august institution!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
I had a good look around the displays before going over to the counter where they were processing the orders for the free knifes and decided i was going to buy a solo and what was labeled as a   Red displayed next to it, looked like a solo with a corkscrew as I have a thing for 108 mm at the minute.

But after being spoken down to and then ignored I just thanked them politely and walked out.

And then to top the whole experience I bought a coffee and sandwich from Starbucks and sat down on a stone bench on Oxford street to eat it.
I finished my sandwich stood up and walked two paces leaving my coffee on the bench to throw the sandwich wrapper in the bin turned round to sit back down and a woman had sat in my seat. I was going to point out that I was sitting there and that was my coffee she was keeping company. But I thought what's the point and being that my dander was already somewhat up it was better I just took my coffee and go home.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:50:28 AM by chip »
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Re: UK residents beware, there is an opportunity to personalize a SAK...
Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 07:30:01 PM
I just received mine...I asked for yellow scales though.

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 07:36:22 PM
Still pretty cool in red though :tu:
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 08:11:46 PM
Very cool, whatever the colour.  I think someone said that they weren't actually offering yellow in the store, perhaps they just ran out?
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline kungaryfu

Reply #37 on: September 04, 2012, 10:53:24 PM
Very cool, whatever the colour.  I think someone said that they weren't actually offering yellow in the store, perhaps they just ran out?

I must have been one of the lucky ones, cause i got a yellow one with the london skyline on it.

gb Offline Pignut71

Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 12:03:16 AM

I must have been one of the lucky ones, cause i got a yellow one with the london skyline on it.

You sure are lucky, that's what I wanted. I opted for the same engraving but black scales, can't wait for it to turn up!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%