Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alphaskate Alpha tool

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Alphaskate Alpha tool
on: November 25, 2006, 06:46:46 AM
Does the Alphaskate Alpha tool qualify as a multitool?   It has no knife blade.

http://www.alphaskate.com/images/products/tool1.html

http://www.alphaskate.com/images/products/tool-pic1.html

microtool2.jpg
* microtool2.jpg (Filesize: 35.98 KB)
microtool.jpg
* microtool.jpg (Filesize: 44.33 KB)
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Alphaskate Alpha tool
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 11:52:29 AM
I would say it does- it looks like it would fit in the "Miscellaneous" catagory of our definition!

Also the "Really Cool Looking" section!

Do you have any more info on it?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 02:20:33 PM
.... Do you have any more info on it?

Sorry, no.   Their web site has a few more photographs.  Check out the web links.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

Offline damota

Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:17:32 PM
I would say yes, with the prefix Skate Boarders. The same as cyclists multitools, it is made with a few tools in one tool necessary for that sport, not having a knife blade when not needed makes no difference in my opinion as long as there are a multiple of different tools in one item to make it a better proposition than carrying those tools as separate items.

Dave

Offline Ging

• Skint Brit!!
Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 02:33:10 PM
The Alpha tool looks nice.  If you replaced the supplied 1/4 in hex bit with another double ended bit with a #2 Phillips and a large flat head it would be a lot more useful.  I also like the lack of knife as i would be able to carry it at times I would not want to have a knife with me (like going to bars etc) but would still like to have some tools.
E

Offline echmelar

• New User
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 10:47:51 AM
Sorry, no knife or blade. :) I suppose it qualifies as a multitool if you define a multitool as a 'multiple tool,' meaning many tools in a compact form.

It's really a multitool designed for skateboarders with all the tools needed to setup or adjust a skateboard in a really compact form:
-9/16", 1/2", and 3/8" wrenches
-1/2" socket (and 1/4" socket for the bit)
-Phillips and Allen screwdriver
-grip tape file.

There are a ton of skate tools on the market, but this one really stands out due to its durability, functionality, and compactness (yeah, I work for Alpha) :)

Anyway, I'm happy to see the Alpha tool here. If you have any questions let me know.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 12:04:03 PM
Nice to have you aboard echmelar!  Make sure to drop by more often and keep us informed of any cool tools you guys have.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Splat

Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 03:42:07 PM
To me a multitool is more than one or two unremovable tools together in one device/package. This doesn't qualify as a multi in my book.
Splat

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 02:12:28 AM
I think we as a group need to work on some standard device definitions. As Def mentioned in another thread, something as simple as an ordinary pencil can be called a "multi-purpose device", but it certainly is not a multitool.

So at what point does a multi-purpose device become a multitool? Where is the line?

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%