Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who EDCs their rare/hard to find SAKs?

Pacu · 39 · 4625

Poll

Never ! - they are locked up in Fort Knox in adamantium infused carbonite.
7 (19.4%)
Always ! - why let them linger in the sock drawer for for my family to sell for a nickel after i'm dead.
26 (72.2%)
How dare you even ask?
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

sg Offline adobo

Re: Who EDCs their rare/hard to find SAKs?
Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 03:35:23 AM
My Swissbianco order arrived.. A Alox Lumberjack in silver and a Alox Rumbler in Red.
The red looks super nice and I was thinking not really using it as I dont want to scratch it.

As i was playing with it watching TV I stood up to get beer, i dropped it on the floor denting the sides, stripping of the colour. Well, that settled it, its now on my keychain!

true story.
"The more it stays the same the less it changes"
-Spinal Tap

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 04:11:49 AM
Never "never" and Never "always"; like Jazz and many others here I have way too many to even think about carring every one of them, and some really are not a SAK I want to carry, but it maybe special and a gate way to some tother one, could be I wanted it's picture for SAKwiki, it could be it's like many others I own.

If there is a SAK in my collection I want to carry I carry it; so far rarer ones that end up in my pockets are voyageurs, damascus pioneer, 1891 replica, red alox soldier, copper cadets, and my customs.   I'm pretty loyal to my EDC so I usually just add an extra some days rather than switching out my EDC that I'm use to... only time it does not ride is if I just don't have room for it... then I find something smaller.

I've not carried many vintage Cellidor more than in the house, but that is likely to change as soon as I can choose just the right one for me.

us Offline bren10man

Reply #32 on: July 29, 2012, 05:05:30 AM
I only EDC my Champion......sometimes on a jump, I carry Soldier '08 model.

I have to have multi-tool, and the SOG PowerPlier EOD (in black) does the trick.

Rest are put away.

I DO have an extra late 70's or early 80's Grand Prix (square driver, no key ring) I could use....and I keep a Troubleshooter in black scales (a Grand Prix with pliers and hook) in my brand spanking new 2012 Chevy Z-71 crew cab 4x4 truck.   BTW: the truck is black, so it is fitting to keep the black Troubleshooter in the glove compartment.....
MOLON LABE!

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: July 29, 2012, 05:36:00 AM
I only EDC my Champion......sometimes on a jump, I carry Soldier '08 model.

I have to have multi-tool, and the SOG PowerPlier EOD (in black) does the trick.

Rest are put away.

I DO have an extra late 70's or early 80's Grand Prix (square driver, no key ring) I could use....and I keep a Troubleshooter in black scales (a Grand Prix with pliers and hook) in my brand spanking new 2012 Chevy Z-71 crew cab 4x4 truck.   BTW: the truck is black, so it is fitting to keep the black Troubleshooter in the glove compartment.....

Nice to see you back btw. :tu:
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

de Offline Dr. Bahn

Reply #34 on: July 29, 2012, 03:12:15 PM
I EDC a +B Micro Farmer.   8)

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #35 on: July 29, 2012, 07:50:06 PM
Maybe not the rarest or hardest to find, but my EDC for almost 2 years now is an old ribbed alox cadet.

It would suck to lose it, but it would suck more not to use it, IMO.
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #36 on: July 29, 2012, 08:12:51 PM
I got an old 84mm Huntsman I will carry for a week or two at a time if I want to go real light carry.
Edc_027.jpg
* Edc_027.jpg (Filesize: 41.24 KB)
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #37 on: August 01, 2012, 11:34:49 PM
I got an old 84mm Huntsman I will carry for a week or two at a time if I want to go real light carry.

:drool: That is pretty!  I was reading this thread, thinking I don't have any SAKs that qualify.  But...If my first/second year production Swisschamp qualifies, guilty as charged.  :)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

Offline eNon

Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 11:23:11 PM
Only rare one I have is a SwissBianco olive green rambler.

I lost the first one (along with my keys).

I lucked out and bought the last olive green one they had at the Blade show this year, and yes, I'm carrying it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%