Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Great tool combo!

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Great tool combo!
on: July 28, 2012, 01:09:59 AM
Okay, so as indicated in my other thread here about the hiking trip I just did with my son, I wanted to give a quick report about my tool selection for the trip and how it worked out for me.

My primary tools for the trip were my PER Ranger 179, and my Juice S2.  They worked extremely well together, with a very nicely complementing set of implements. 

The Ranger has the large combo blade and honking big saw, plus the wicked hooked Wenger can opener, and the big flathead driver that locks when you push down on it.  Plus the corkscrew and awl on the backside.

The S2 has the pliers and the great scissors (I think I've come to like the scissors in the S2 even better than Vic scissors), and the phillips driver, which complement the toolset in the 179 very nicely.  The small PE blade in the S2 also works well with the CE blade in the Ranger, even if the S2's blade is hollow ground (which is my least favorite blade grind; just not enough strength in the edge of a hollow ground blade for my taste).  There is some overlap between them in the can/bottle openers and the flat drivers, but it's very minimal amounts of overlap between the two.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you guys know that I think these two tools work very well together, and some of you might like to try them together as well, for outdoors activities, or perhaps even for plain ole EDC.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Re: Great tool combo!
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 12:06:07 PM
Cool :tu:

It's always satisfying to find a good combo fit for purpose.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69