Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Personal Survival Kit; v 2.0.

Offline Tixx

Re: Re: Personal Survival Kit; v 2.0.
Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 02:13:59 PM
Inspired by this thread I decided to make my very own survival kit.  :tu:
I used a old camerabag for a digital camera I dont use anymore as a pouch.
(Image removed from quote.)
From left to right:
A ferrocium rod
a couple of ziplock bags
a flashlight
water purification tablets
smal survival tin containing: small compass, signal mirror, fishline and hooks, water proof
                                      matches, a needle, cotton tinder, alcohol swabs.
Victorinox Hiker
Space blanket
Condom (for carrying water)
Bear grylls suruvival guide. (Something to read to keep me motivated and to freshen up my survival knowledge.)

Great kit and I like the idea of the camera pouch. Given the size constraints, if you don't mind my suggestions, a mini Bic, gorilla/duct tape on a credit card sized object, whistle and finally for water, an MRE hot beverage bag.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Offline Tixx

Re: Personal Survival Kit; v 2.0.
Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 03:20:07 PM
:D I know what you mean.
I'm going to need to take the car on my hiking trip at this rate  ::)

:rofl:  its knowing when to stop, but its like general edc ive learnt what i need and dont, for example as work i get asked weekly to change fob watch batteries so i carry a supply of batteries and tools, same with zipties they are handy for lots of uses like superglue, i also added locktite as needed it a few times at work and its small so no big deal  :D my backpack houses most stuff i would need in a emergency of survival to a point folks say if the sh## hits the fan stay with paul  :rofl:

Hey guys... thanks for the comments.  :)

The zip-ties sound like a good idea.  I'll have to think about that... 

I actually found that the Mountainsmith pack was just a bit too small...  I'm sending it back to Amazon, and I reclaimed a slightly larger bag that my wife had swiped from me for taking to the gym.  (She didn't want the Mountainsmith...  ::) )

Same basic set of stuff, but one more XL garbage bag, more MicroPur tabs, a real pen, a couple of bandanas, another extra L91 (total two), and about half a dozen more band-aids.  I was thinking about putting my Zebralight H51w in, but not sure about that yet.  If I do, I'll take out the Q-mini, and make sure I put the pocket clip on the H51w and not include the headband, purely as a space saving measure.  Who knows, I might be able to fit that in too. 

I also added a small pill container with two days of my regular meds, and a few extra Adderalls (for an extra boost if needed; I actually take Adderall as part of my daily meds).  Eventually I'll get a Fisher pen and a Write In The Rain pad, but I'm totally tapped out right now, and still working on paying down my CC.   :whistle:

I'm not sure about the superglue... it does sound like a good idea, but I'm already fighting bloat...  the thing is already as big as I want it to get, and I'm not going to go up to yet a larger bag.  I'm standing pat on this one, and I might revise my contents, but for now I think it's 95% ready for duty.

I think that zerbralight with headband is a must.  All my packs have an H31w in them and it is the greatest addition.  And you already have it! :) 

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Re: Personal Survival Kit; v 2.0.
Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 06:26:00 PM
Inspired by this thread I decided to make my very own survival kit.  :tu:
I used a old camerabag for a digital camera I dont use anymore as a pouch.
(Image removed from quote.)
From left to right:
A ferrocium rod
a couple of ziplock bags
a flashlight
water purification tablets
smal survival tin containing: small compass, signal mirror, fishline and hooks, water proof
                                      matches, a needle, cotton tinder, alcohol swabs.
Victorinox Hiker
Space blanket
Condom (for carrying water)
Bear grylls suruvival guide. (Something to read to keep me motivated and to freshen up my survival knowledge.)

Great kit and I like the idea of the camera pouch. Given the size constraints, if you don't mind my suggestions, a mini Bic, gorilla/duct tape on a credit card sized object, whistle and finally for water, an MRE hot beverage bag.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I would love to squeeze that into the camera pouch, but its already stuffed so full that I'm having trouble openong and closing the zipper ;)
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%