Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Adult Beverage

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Re: Adult Beverage
Reply #30 on: May 13, 2012, 02:53:05 AM
For regular social situations, Bud light all the way.

If I am trying to sleep or I just feel like getting sauced cheap, Jack Daniel's neat.

For sipping, Glenlivet or Glenfiddich 18 year.  MMMMMMMMMMMMMM   :drool:

My econoscotch is Johnny Walker Black, but I can't even afford that most of the time.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: May 13, 2012, 10:29:20 AM
Now don't think I'm knocking it, but it's interesting that Johnny Walker is so popular everywhere, it just doesn't sell here at all. :think:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #32 on: May 13, 2012, 11:51:43 AM
Now don't think I'm knocking it, but it's interesting that Johnny Walker is so popular everywhere, it just doesn't sell here at all. :think:

We don't have too many scotch drinkers here in Tx at all either.  It's one of 4 things here, Jack, Makers mark, Grey goose, or Captain.  No one seems to know anything else. 

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #33 on: May 13, 2012, 01:56:08 PM
I have a bunch of Thorogood songs going through my head while reading this thread....

If You Don't Start Drinkin' (I'm Gonna Leave)

I remember a joke in the pages of an old guitar magazine years ago where they had listed fictional books written by various musicians, and the one they had listed for Ol' George was "Pour Me Another One And I'll Tell You Why I Only Write Songs About Drinking."  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: May 13, 2012, 04:52:49 PM
When I used to drink to Olympic standards my fave was K cider 8%ish alchol steaming drunk on 4 cans  :o

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 02:18:59 AM
Cider is my go to these days. I love Woodchuck, and their winter seasonal blend is amazing.

If I want something harder, scotch, and it should be old enough to buy itself.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 02:35:36 AM
Old scotch joke....

A guy walks into a bar and orders 12 year old scotch.  The bartender looks at him and thinks "This guy wouldn't know twelve year old scotch if it bit him on the ass.  He probably heard it in a movie or something, and I'm not wasting good stuff on an amateur" so he pours the guy some 1 year old scotch instead. 

The guy just looks at it and says "This scotch is only a year old- I wanted twelve year old scotch!"

The bartender is impressed, but in hindsight thinks that one year old scotch is pretty obvious, so he pours the guy a 5 year old scotch.  The guy takes the scotch and is about to drink it when he says "This smells like 5 year old scotch, I ordered 12 year old scotch!"  Once again the bartender is impressed, and decides to test the guy further, so he pours the guy a 10 year old scotch.  This time the glass makes it to the guy's lips, but as soon as he gets the slightest taste of it he says "Look, this is ten year old scotch.  Bring me what I ordered or I'm leaving!"

The bartender apologizes and brings the guy a 12 year old scotch on the house and the guy starts to drink and enjoy it, when a drunk from the other end of the var shuffles up and shoves a glass in the guy's face and says "That's amazing, here, drink this!"  The guy tries to shove the drunk away, but the drunk is persistent.  Finally the guy figures the only way to get rid of him is to humor the drunk so he takes the glass, shoots the drink down and immediately spits it out and throws up on the floor screaming "That was urine!"

The drunk says "Of course it was, so how old am I?"

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #37 on: May 15, 2012, 03:11:06 AM
I tried the new Coors Lite Ice Tea beer on the weekend, and I'm not sure if I like it or not.  I think I'll have to drink some more to find out ;D

My drink of choice is dark rum, either straight or mixed with diet Pepsi.  For beer, either Coors Lite or Molson M.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: May 15, 2012, 07:27:05 PM
Old scotch joke....

A guy walks into a bar and orders 12 year old scotch.  The bartender looks at him and thinks "This guy wouldn't know twelve year old scotch if it bit him on the ass.  He probably heard it in a movie or something, and I'm not wasting good stuff on an amateur" so he pours the guy some 1 year old scotch instead. 

The guy just looks at it and says "This scotch is only a year old- I wanted twelve year old scotch!"

The bartender is impressed, but in hindsight thinks that one year old scotch is pretty obvious, so he pours the guy a 5 year old scotch.  The guy takes the scotch and is about to drink it when he says "This smells like 5 year old scotch, I ordered 12 year old scotch!"  Once again the bartender is impressed, and decides to test the guy further, so he pours the guy a 10 year old scotch.  This time the glass makes it to the guy's lips, but as soon as he gets the slightest taste of it he says "Look, this is ten year old scotch.  Bring me what I ordered or I'm leaving!"

The bartender apologizes and brings the guy a 12 year old scotch on the house and the guy starts to drink and enjoy it, when a drunk from the other end of the var shuffles up and shoves a glass in the guy's face and says "That's amazing, here, drink this!"  The guy tries to shove the drunk away, but the drunk is persistent.  Finally the guy figures the only way to get rid of him is to humor the drunk so he takes the glass, shoots the drink down and immediately spits it out and throws up on the floor screaming "That was urine!"

Def

LOL I think he was taking the pi""  ::)

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 07:36:27 PM
Wouldn't the real punch-line on MT boards be Bear Grylls sitting on the next stool down lamenting 'What a waste'?

us Offline Gryffin

• Multi-Talented
Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 09:49:22 PM
Wouldn't the real punch-line on MT boards be Bear Grylls sitting on the next stool down lamenting 'What a waste'?

:rofl:    :rofl:    :rofl:

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: May 15, 2012, 10:23:39 PM

Where do I send the bill for wet jeans ??????? :rofl:

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #42 on: May 16, 2012, 09:17:16 AM
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: May 18, 2012, 01:06:29 AM
Old scotch joke....

Def
First time I ever heard that joke was when my wife told it!  (She was still my GF at the time... that was one of the many little things that told me she was a keeper!  :D )

I am generally a beer guy.  My favorite brewer is Sierra Nevada, maker of the legendary Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (a long time favorite) and Bigfoot Barleywine Ale, the only beer you stand a fork up in!

My favorite kind of beer is India Pale Ale, with my favorites being New Belgium's "Ranger" and Sierra Nevada's "Torpedo".

I don't care much for mixed drinks, but I am fond of margarita's, and my favorite hard liquor is Jose (Swervo all over the road to kill ya...) :D  After that a close second is either Bacardi plain white rum, or Capt. Morgan spiced rum.  I do enjoy mead and cider when I can get it, but it's a specialty item for me now days.  Although, a good impression with Chaucer's Mead and Ace Pear Cider did go a long way to winning over my future wife on the night we met.  :D
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 02:16:31 AM
Beer for me too.
At the moment my favorites are Weihenstephaner and Hoegaarden :drool:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 09:50:19 AM
At the moment my favorites are Weihenstephaner and Hoegaarden :drool:

Yay, another Weihenstephaner-fan!  :cheers:

The first time I went to Freising it was pretty much only to visit Weihenstephaner's on-site bierstube.

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 07:47:23 PM
I'm a simple redneck,,,,Busch light, Bud light

us Offline MeadMaker

Reply #47 on: May 18, 2012, 08:26:29 PM
One of my favorite breweries is Bells Brewing http://www.bellsbeer.com/.  I was invited to an open house they had for business partners in their new expansion.  The people at Bell's know how to throw a party.  Along with the three buffet lines they had tap stations set up with their Amber, Oberon, Two Hearted and Kalamazoo Stout for FREE!!  :cheers:  A good time was had by all  :drink:

Tick Magnet

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: May 18, 2012, 10:16:08 PM
It is not noble to feel envy, I know, but I'm not noble enough to not envy you that party.  :D

Yet another brewery I feel deserves a mention: Jolly Pumpkin. Their Black Madrugada really surprised me when I tasted it, I really didn't expect it to be that yummy.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #49 on: May 18, 2012, 10:58:42 PM
Hey MeadMaker, if you're ever in St. Louis, you should stop by the Schlafly Tap Room.

http://schlafly.com/breweries/taproom/

Their Hefeweizen and Stout are some of my favorites. If you're in Michigan (where the Bell's Brewery is), you might be able to get Schlafy beer there.

us Offline MeadMaker

Reply #50 on: May 18, 2012, 11:15:42 PM
I've never seen Schlafly and I won't be visiting St. Louis anytime soon, so I'll have to hope that it can be found in Michigan or Indiana.  I'm always ready to try a new brew.  Today I picked up a seasonal from Spoetzl Brewing called Shiner Ruby Red Bird.

"Shiner Ruby Redbird is brewed with genuine Texas Rio Red Grapefruit, the signature sweet citrus of the Rio Grande Valley, and ginger. This lager beer features grapefruit tartness and finishes with a 'lil kick of ginger. With Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit and Ginger, Shiner Ruby Redbird is sure to be a crisp and refreshing summer beer. "

I'll have a couple of these then switch to my latest batch of homebrew tonight during a gathering of families in the neighborhood.  The others my go down while we are on the boat tomorrow.  We finally have some good boating weather in the forecast on a weekend.

Tick Magnet

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #51 on: August 11, 2012, 09:43:41 AM
I rarely drink anymore(diabetic), but I found myself at the local bottle shop and bought a fifth of Cruzan 9 Spiced Rum. I've had it before, but it's been a while, good straight or as a mixer...  :cheers:

us Offline Gryffin

• Multi-Talented
Reply #52 on: August 12, 2012, 03:43:58 AM
I rarely drink anymore(diabetic), but I found myself at the local bottle shop and bought a fifth of Cruzan 9 Spiced Rum. I've had it before, but it's been a while, good straight or as a mixer...  :cheers:

(Image removed from quote.)

Ooooooh, that stuff is SO good. Enjoy!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69