Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wifes in the E.R. A little prayer please,,

us Offline 82brutus

Re: Wifes in the E.R. A little prayer please,,
Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 06:37:43 AM
Thanks for the update.  Good to hear she is doing better. 

Know that has to be a big relief for you as well.

Sent from my MB860
“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 08:29:02 PM
Thanks for the update.  Good to hear she is doing better. 

Know that has to be a big relief for you as well.

+1
Prone to daydreaming.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #32 on: August 25, 2012, 12:52:01 AM
So glad to hear she is doing better.  That's scary stuff.  I hope you are resting as well, this type of thing can be harder on you than you realize, what with all the worrying that comes with it.  Glad to hear you read the comments to her as well, this forum has helped me through some tough times too, quite a few actually, and the members here always make me feel better.   :cheers: :cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 01:18:59 AM
Well the wife went in again yesterday, and this time she was bad.. After spending ten hrs in the er, they finally figured something out, and that they couldn't do what they needed to there, so she got transported to a main icu unit 45min away, well the kids stayed at a friends house, and I stayed at the hospital with her over night, but the conclusion as to what they came up with is.. Your heart sits in a sack,, and normally there's a fluid, well somehow hers has blood around it.. What they have to do is get a iv into the sack and drain the blood, or other fluid around the heart. It will take the stress that it's causing on the heart, and lessen the pain she feels. They said that they were doing to do it today, then there not, but they need more test, so I'm home with the kids waiting for any info, and I'm so freaking tiered I only got maybe two hrs sleep with in the last few days.. Ah man I beat, of course the one kid has a parents night, err what to do what to do.. JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 01:28:35 AM
hell, that sounds rough mate. :(  Hang on in there, at least they have a plan. :salute:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 01:37:09 AM
Hang in there man. We are all pulling for you and her.  Get some rest and look after the kids- you don't want to upset them any more than they absolutely have to be.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 01:41:02 AM
Hopefully they are able to get it all figured out this time.  Hang in there.  I'll be praying for her and your family  :salute:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

Offline Biru

Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 02:04:59 AM
Sincerest hopes that she'll get better quickly.

Warmest Regards!

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 06:50:16 AM
Hang in there man. We are all pulling for you and her.  Get some rest and look after the kids- you don't want to upset them any more than they absolutely have to be.

Def

^^^ what Def said.  as a husband and father, you truly have my sympathy, and you and your family are in my prayers.  I know it's easier said than done, but keep trying to stay strong for those kids.

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012, 07:30:40 AM
Hang in there!  Take it one step at a time and only try to take on things directly that you have power to control or change.  We'll be praying for you all.

Sent from my MB860
“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 11:34:23 AM
Hoping for the best over here as well!

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #41 on: September 11, 2012, 01:07:20 PM
Thinking of you buddy.

It sounds like your lady is having a pretty crappy time of it, and I wish your family lots of love and strength to get through it. Hospitals are never fun, but they are there to help her recover.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: September 11, 2012, 01:33:18 PM
Thanks guys it's just not my week, I'm working off of like three hours sleep in the past two days, and finally I get a chance to crash, and I'm out by the time my head his the pillow, an hour later the little guy comes in wakes me, I don't feel good, dad I don't feel good! I roll over, blaaa all over the floor while holding the bucket! So after 45min cleaning every thing up, dad, oh no, I'm awake and don't fell like going to sleep, and not going to school, well your not staying up, so lay in bed, with the bucket, so I lay down wide awake and what's he do, ZZZzzzz,,, and this morning I ask how do you feel? Oh I feel GREAT! Good for you, now go the freak to school!! As for the old lady last night she did have the surgery done, but when I spoke to her she was toasted, lol so well just see how things go from here, speaking of, that's the phone, and it's her, JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #43 on: September 11, 2012, 03:20:09 PM
Well another update, after speaking with her this morning, they finally gave her something to eat last night, ofcourse a crappy sandwich, but on a better note she feels better still in pain, the breathing is still pour but she said that it was a good relief off of her chest, as for the liquid it wasn't blood, so there doing test on that to fig out what it is and what caused it, then she said on a better note, there letting me have a nice full warm breakfast! Lol. Ah man after last night with he kid then kicking them out the door for school this morning it's only 9am and I freaking beat, but I'm fully awake, this sucks! JR

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #44 on: September 11, 2012, 04:25:19 PM
At least the news is good for your wife. As for you, lie on the couch and turn the tv on and nature will take it's course!

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: September 11, 2012, 06:51:37 PM
Good to hear the positive development! (Except for your sleep, but, hey, that'll come. At some impractical time.)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: September 11, 2012, 07:27:33 PM
Thanks guys, I will be reading her all your quotes, as I did last time to make her feel important, I did just get a update about a hour ago, she said that they will be moving her out of her personal room and off to somewhere else, I'm guessing she's not concidered a icu anymore? And there's also a possibility that she will be coming home tomorrow, that at least made her sound better, although she was still pissed since she didn't get her breakfast, lol, but lunch was on its way,, JR

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #47 on: September 11, 2012, 08:37:58 PM
Well, that's awesome that they took care of the liquid and she is feeling better!  Hopefully, they can figure out what's going on and get her out of pain soon.   :cheers:

Is there any irony in the fact that you go to hospitals to feel better and once you start feeling better they either a) feed you crappy food or b) no food?   :twak:

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #48 on: September 11, 2012, 08:45:59 PM
You all remain in my thoughts JR.

Sent from Ash forum mobile

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #49 on: September 11, 2012, 09:00:10 PM
thanks for the updates mate, good to hear the news is sounding positive. :tu:  Sorry to hear about the wee man though, but at least he's gotten it out of his system. :D

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 09:17:31 PM
Pericarditis.  Lots of causes, mostly treatable. It IS scary!  Hopefully they sent some for cytology.  There are a few bad things that can cause it too, but they would have suspicions of that before now.

You've definitely been through the wringer!   Good luck to you and your wife.  :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #51 on: September 11, 2012, 10:13:16 PM
Yes, good luck for sure, and keep the good news coming!

Def

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: September 11, 2012, 10:16:39 PM
Best wishes  :tu:
Prone to daydreaming.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #53 on: September 11, 2012, 11:10:11 PM
Pericarditis.  Lots of causes, mostly treatable. It IS scary!  Hopefully they sent some for cytology.  There are a few bad things that can cause it too, but they would have suspicions of that before now.

You've definitely been through the wringer!   Good luck to you and your wife.  :tu:

If it's pericarditis, my brother has suffered the same. He's 27 now, but his first attack was about 4 years ago. It was a bad one. The inflamation was such that when he breathed in his heart stopped. There just wasn't room for air in his lungs and his heart to beat at the same time. I've never seen paramedics look so confused before ...

As he was wheeled out of the house by the paramedics with hoses and wires coming out all over him, it was an incredibly scary time. The arriving medics were totally unprepared for this case, particularly due to his age. Thankfully a doctor at the hospital detected it fairly quickly as apparently the heart sounds like the crunching of walking on fresh snow - he'd heard it before, but not many of the medical staff had. He lay there in the A&E (or ER) and waves of medical staff one after the other kept coming through asking for a listen. He obliged, and hopefully that will help someone else get a quicker diagnosis in future.

He was pumped up with morphine & anti inflamatories and sent to cardiac care surrounded by other patients two and three times his age. He bounced back. It wasn't a super quick recovery but he got through it and regained everything.

Over the next couple of years he had another couple of episodes, though due to his previous experience he knew what to do ... and so did we. His treatment was quicker, and he was able to prevent himself having such a severe episode again. Fast forward to today, and he's in fine fettle with a full active life, now married and with a little daughter. Ironically he married a cardiology nurse ... and ironically she went into heart failure during pregnancy  ::)

We don't do normal things in our family  :D

The family is all now well and set up in a little house a few hundred yards from the local woods. He's active enough, log bashing for his wood burning stove which runs his central heating, while she does a lot of baking, enjoying foraging in the woods, and they both go for long walks together.

I don't envy being in your position right now JR, as I seriously thought I might be going to be without my baby brother for a while. Hang in there feller and keep it together. It sounds like she's through the worst from what you've said, and while the recovery may be uncomfortable at times, hopefully our "Little Feller's" ordeal, and more importantly his recovery, can give a bit more of a positive outlook for you all.

Best wishes to you all  :salute:

Al

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 01:28:59 AM
Hope all works out well my friend :/. You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers. Remember I'm just a email, pm, or yahoo IM away if you need me :)
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #55 on: September 12, 2012, 07:47:01 AM
Ha! I have Steve on instant text when I need him. :o :D That sounds so wrong. :think:

Sent from Ash forum mobile

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #56 on: September 12, 2012, 06:26:31 PM
Well i just spoke to her this morning, and it looks like everything is good, the pain has pretty much gone away but is now very soar from sticking her to drain it, also since it wasn't blood it was a infected fluid,, she was moved to another room last night, and finally got a good breakfast this morning, didn't eat it all since she hasn't eaten much, so very little filled her, speaking of her there's the phone,,,,, yup that was her, there ordering her Rx and said that there going to get her papers and kick her out after her Rx comes up.. But that could be hours. Boy will the kids be happy to see her when they come home, or she'll be happy to see them when she comes home, guess it matters who's home first.. Lol  JR

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #57 on: September 12, 2012, 06:43:52 PM
 :woohoo:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: September 12, 2012, 11:01:42 PM
Great news  :)
Prone to daydreaming.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!