Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Handle covers now removed,

Zed · 8 · 2702

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Handle covers now removed,
on: August 23, 2012, 09:26:49 AM
Well i really wanted to give these covers on my powerlock a chance as they didnt bother me as far as tools opening etc, i had one big issue , basicaly when i twisted the tool while using the pliers they would slip off and the same if i was using the needle nose and push forward they would slide up  :-\ i like the covers but i dont feel they make a huge difference comfort wise so they are now off ,  :tu:

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Re: Handle covers now removed,
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 01:13:22 PM
Understood.   I actually reinstalled the single handle cover on my new PowerAssist because the implementation works better than on the PowerLock.   However, the covers remain off my PowerLocks.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 02:00:13 PM
Understood.   I actually reinstalled the single handle cover on my new PowerAssist because the implementation works better than on the PowerLock.   However, the covers remain off my PowerLocks.

:tu:  if they was held in place more solid i would keep them but they slipped off too many times  :-\  so now in the bit box  ;)  :tu:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:45:16 PM
I'd wondered how long it would take :whistle:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 09:47:14 PM
I'd wondered how long it would take :whistle:

:D  i really wanted to give them a chance mate but in the end they drove me nuts  :D atleast i can get the tools out faster now  :tu:

us Offline Gryffin

• Multi-Talented
Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 12:37:27 AM
Oh wow, the SOG PowerLock handle covers. "It was the best of features, it was the worst of features…"

I hate the damn things, but the tool is soooo uncomfortable without them. But I also hate them on, for the reasons listed already.

What really gets me is, the PowerLock has been around for years, SOG has had plenty of time to fix some of the problems, but they haven't. That disappoints me.

Offline Biru

Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 09:20:40 PM
I totally agree with you, Zed. I found the covers only fudge up a reasonably good tool. To make matters worse, I've read (this may be incorrect) that SOG shortened their tools to allow clearance of the handles. One of the few things that bother me about my Powerlock is that- despite being as large as the Supertool- the tools are relatively small. They're on average about 3/4 the size of the Supertool's.

I found the PL sans handles to be no more uncomfortable than my Supertool or Bear Jaws.

Happy tooling and Regards!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 11:04:18 PM
Thought I would bump this too see new feelings on the covers  :tu: I'm sure mine will be off my bo eod powerlock asap as they drove me nuts on my old one  :-\

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%