Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Mini Ratchet Chatter

JAfromMn · 185 · 28644

gb Offline fullbreakfast

Re: Mini Ratchet Chatter
Reply #180 on: August 30, 2019, 10:00:38 AM
That looks like a nice tool breakfast - runs just a little more expensive than the Topeak ratchet here in the UK.
Been using my Topeak a lot at work - great for dismantling barrel locks at work and getting in tight spaces. Also easily small enough to carry around and not have to go all the way back to the workshop for a driver all the time.
Nice portable kit you have there - a little adjustable wrench like that is a good thing to have handy - I just recently got an Irega one that looks a similar size, about four inches. Have not tried any Topeak tools yet but I see they get some good reports on here.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #181 on: August 30, 2019, 04:22:16 PM
Nice portable kit you have there - a little adjustable wrench like that is a good thing to have handy - I just recently got an Irega one that looks a similar size, about four inches. Have not tried any Topeak tools yet but I see they get some good reports on here.
Can't fault the Topeak - tough as nails - the 1/4" bit holder is really handy (magnetized too) so you get double bubble for your cash
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #182 on: August 30, 2019, 04:44:14 PM
Can't fault the Topeak - tough as nails - the 1/4" bit holder is really handy (magnetized too) so you get double bubble for your cash

Yeah, the Topeak is a really great little tool. Perfect for a light EDC toolkit (and I find myself going for it even at home at times). I have switched to the similar Victorinox ratchet but that's mostly do to how well it carries in the Spirit sheath. In general I think the Topeak version is the more user-friendly tool due to things like the direction switch and how the ratchet doesn't allow the bits to go right through.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #183 on: August 30, 2019, 04:49:03 PM
Yeah, the Topeak is a really great little tool. Perfect for a light EDC toolkit (and I find myself going for it even at home at times). I have switched to the similar Victorinox ratchet but that's mostly do to how well it carries in the Spirit sheath. In general I think the Topeak version is the more user-friendly tool due to things like the direction switch and how the ratchet doesn't allow the bits to go right through.
Yeah - not handled a Vic ratchet, but the Topeak is nigh on perfect as an easily carried EDC - that, and the Vic 'L' wrench with bit holder and the small adjustable spanner I carry covers an enormous range of tasks for hardly any weight or pocket space. Add the Spirit and I rarely have to grab anything else from the workshop aside from a drill saw or hammer.
It's a really well thought-out tool and super robust.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #184 on: August 31, 2019, 01:49:40 AM
I keep a topeak  ratchet, leatherman extender and a leatherman card with the most used bits in my wallet. Have done for years as I bought a job lot of the same wallets off eBay several years ago, and found a few more recently and bought them too.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 01:54:47 AM by chip »
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%