Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Beautiful!!!!

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Re: Beautiful!!!!
Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 02:52:58 AM
Hey I have been a A's fan since birth so DH is not going to change that.   :) Don't get me wrong I hope the Giants do good, but you won't catch me wearing any Giants gear.  ;)
I first started getting into baseball back in my early 20's, when I was a bike mechanic in San Rafael.  I always just gravitated toward the Giants for some reason; when I was about 12, I had an uncle who would take me to A's games at the Coliseum, but I never really got into it for some reason. 

In hindsight, I think it was Hank Greenwald... I liked listening to him and Lon Simmons a lot more than the guys who did play-by-play and color for the A's games.  Most of what I know about the game, I learned from Hank and his broadcasts.  It was a sad day when he retired.

Wow, just a bit off topic, eh?  ;)  My stepfather's father is a big Giants fan, always has been.  Of course, when he started following them they played JUST a bit closer to New Jersey...   :P  He continued to follow them after they moved to San Francisco, and still goes to see them play at least once a season when they're in NY.  This is in direct contrast to my grandmother, who grew up in Brooklyn following the team she STILL calls "Those smurfs."  :o  She didn't follow baseball at all until the NL returned to New York in 1962, which is why everyone in my family follows the Mets.
Well, that's why they call me "threadkiller" from time to time!   :rofl:

The Giants-Dodgers rivalry is one of the most storied in all of baseball.  It's a lot more ferocious and meaningful than Red Sox-Yankees even.  Until the Sox broke the curse by winning the series in '04 (I think that was the year IIRC), the rivalry between them wasn't much more than Sox fans complaining about how much they hated the Yankees.  On the other hand, the Giants-Dodgers rivalry has been much more meaningful; each has knocked the other out of the playoffs on the last day of the season 3 times in the last 30 years.  Yes, that's each
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 07:05:29 AM
Sorry I have been neglecting my post.   :P  My computer is on the fritz and I am mainly using my phone to type in threads so there will be no long responses from me.

On the upside the Solo is holding up great. I accidentally bent the tip.  :-[  It was pretty bad, but I bent it back with my Swiss Tool and its good as new.  :D 
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 06:03:01 PM
Sorry I have been neglecting my post.   :P  My computer is on the fritz and I am mainly using my phone to type in threads so there will be no long responses from me.

On the upside the Solo is holding up great. I accidentally bent the tip.  :-[  It was pretty bad, but I bent it back with my Swiss Tool and its good as new.  :D
Hm, need to add an Atwood to your keychain there Cap?   :whistle:

Seriously though, let us know how it's holding up.  It is a really sweet looking little knife.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 09:28:40 PM
I was actually just about to take a few pictures.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 10:31:46 PM
Here is the latest.

I bent the tip uhhh..... whittling and was pretty mad about it. I decided to get out the Spirit X and see what I could do. Well it turned out better than I expected it to. The cerakote did show some teeth marks from the pliers, but not to the degree I was anticipating. I am pretty impressed with its durability so far.

The rest of the blade is showing little to no wear.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Reply #35 on: September 17, 2012, 11:26:14 AM
After almost a month of EDCing my Super Soldier, the cerakote is starting to show some wear, the inline phillips, the bottle opener, has some wear, but suprisingly the saw is ok.  (I almost cut down a whole tree with it.)

Pics:

Sorry for the bad quality, I only had my phone camera with me.
Small collection of SAK's, (but growing rapidly. :D) not so fast at this time. :( And the most important of all: Ze Zuper Zoldier by Steve!  :ahhh
Wishlist for 2014: Rangergrip 88, Victorinox: CT41, Spirit X BO CC, Swisstool X BO, Some limited Alox stuffs and so on

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Beautiful!!!!
Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 05:52:09 PM
Good to see the wear on the knives. I've heard it wears better than black oxide, and from the looks of things that may be true :)
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:43 PM
I was wondering about the saw. Was it still sharp after the cerakote or did you need to sharpen every single tooth of the saw. The reason I ask is when I got my solo the cerakoting process left the edge of the blade coated (as expected) and was very dull. Upon sharpening and removing that layer it produced a excellent edge. I was thinking this might be the same for the saw.   :think:
I'm the milk man!

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 10:18:07 PM
The saw was factory sharp.
Small collection of SAK's, (but growing rapidly. :D) not so fast at this time. :( And the most important of all: Ze Zuper Zoldier by Steve!  :ahhh
Wishlist for 2014: Rangergrip 88, Victorinox: CT41, Spirit X BO CC, Swisstool X BO, Some limited Alox stuffs and so on

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%