Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

"Leatherman collection", Part 2, MiniTool

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.

Offline Bibliojim

Re: "Leatherman collection", Part 2, MiniTool
Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 01:45:27 AM
My $20 gun show  find today.
Leatherman Mini-Tool. No date codes. Blue Box 1992.
Pat Number 4744272 on box.
Literature MT-UG0991 (1991)
No “Leatherman” on handles.
Knife marked Leatherman USA
Tool is new.
So, is this a first model?
WYSIATI: “What you see is all there is”

"Old wine in new bottles" Sharp eyes noted the blue box later than the tool. Thx
Open USA012.jpg
* Open USA012.jpg (Filesize: 33.66 KB)
Open USA013.jpg
* Open USA013.jpg (Filesize: 33.81 KB)
Open USA014.jpg
* Open USA014.jpg (Filesize: 56.38 KB)
Open USA015.jpg
* Open USA015.jpg (Filesize: 41.81 KB)

Offline Bibliojim

Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 01:47:31 AM

Mini-Tool find today

« on: September 22, 2014, 03:07:42 AM »

My $20 gun show  find today.

Two more pix
Open USA016.jpg
* Open USA016.jpg (Filesize: 29.47 KB)
Open USA017.jpg
* Open USA017.jpg (Filesize: 95 KB)

de Offline timelock

• New User
Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 10:16:28 AM
Hi loki-mobile,
Thanks to your photos and description i find out that my second mini tool is one of the first edition and not a fake. Cause it have no date marks in the handle and numbers after US PAT. But holding it side by side to my 95 version it looks even more glossy. Have they change the material and quality?
Best
TL

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 11:54:25 AM
Great thread!
Barry

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 03:12:10 PM
Great thread!

Indeed :tu: There is a lot of good info in this thread about the :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh !!!MINI!!! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

I have one SS without datecodes no hard wire notch

Another SS with datecodes 0800 in both handles and hard wire notch

The BO one is at home and I think it is around 03 and hard wire notch

The one with no datecodes is at home as well but I just happen to remember that about it ;)

The 0800 is on my belt for the third day now :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh Been doing fine with it an my Executive  :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 03:22:17 PM
Also Leatherman and USA on the 0800 plier head US pat and the number as well :oops:

The other 2 I will check this evening  :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: March 24, 2016, 03:24:31 AM
The SS has no hard wire notch and no datecodes with USA and LM on plier head

The BO has a hard wire notch datecodes 0104 in both handles and Tool and LM on the plier head

Leatherman USA is on both of the SS ones and only Leatherman on the BO version knife blades :tu:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #38 on: March 28, 2016, 02:21:26 PM
Welcome to the forum timelock.   :cheers:

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #39 on: May 02, 2016, 06:55:52 AM
Hey Loki
I seem to be developing an interest in the MINI too now  :facepalm: - Along with Poncho!!

So I have constructed one of my choronology tables for the MINI - like I did for the PST
This one is a lot simpler!!

Loki - I have a few queries with your photos - So my table does not exactly represent your photos at the start of this thread.
Here are my queries and the changes I made - If anyone can verify or correct what I did please let me know and I will change/correct as appropriate.
As before, I am a complete amateur on these tools - I just put the data in a table!! So please let me know.  :tu:
  • 1989-1990 - Could not see difference with 1990-1992 - So dates/versions merged
  • 1994-2000 - Text says only one handle stamped - photos also show both handles stamped - So I put in an end date of 1995 for single stamped handle - as I have a 95 with a blank back handle, but 1997 with stamps on both handles. And then 1996 as start date for dual stamped handles - Note this is also in line with dual handle stamping of PST
  • 2000-2002 - Could not see change from previous photo - So date for dual stamped handles becomes 1996-2002
Other points are:
  • I think right from the start the MINI had a metric/imperial ruler and also the wee hole for a split ring - right?
  • Did the hard wire notch on the mini really come in 2 years before the hard wire notch on the PST? You would think the PST would be first - Or the dates would be the same ?!!

Thanks all  :tu:  :)
LM MINI Chronology V1.JPG
* LM MINI Chronology V1.JPG (Filesize: 102.68 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #40 on: May 02, 2016, 07:24:57 PM
Good to see you interested in the  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh !!!MINI!!! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh You seem to be more organized than me with it as well :cheers:

ru Offline loki-mobile

Reply #41 on: May 05, 2016, 09:28:34 AM
Hey Loki
I seem to be developing an interest in the MINI too now  :facepalm: - Along with Poncho!!

So I have constructed one of my choronology tables for the MINI - like I did for the PST

Loki - I have a few queries with your photos - So my table does not exactly represent your photos at the start of this thread.
Here are my queries and the changes I made - If anyone can verify or correct what I did please let me know and I will change/correct as appropriate.
As before, I am a complete amateur on these tools - I just put the data in a table!! So please let me know.  :tu:
  • 1989-1990 - Could not see difference with 1990-1992 - So dates/versions merged
  • 1994-2000 - Text says only one handle stamped - photos also show both handles stamped - So I put in an end date of 1995 for single stamped handle - as I have a 95 with a blank back handle, but 1997 with stamps on both handles. And then 1996 as start date for dual stamped handles - Note this is also in line with dual handle stamping of PST
  • 2000-2002 - Could not see change from previous photo - So date for dual stamped handles becomes 1996-2002
Other points are:
  • I think right from the start the MINI had a metric/imperial ruler and also the wee hole for a split ring - right?
  • Did the hard wire notch on the mini really come in 2 years before the hard wire notch on the PST? You would think the PST would be first - Or the dates would be the same ?!!

Now I can not make new photos. I will return home on 10 May and will try to make a new photo.

The first version was minitul without any inscriptions (both arms). Cutters for solid wire appeared likely at the same time and when PST

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #42 on: May 05, 2016, 01:44:01 PM
Hey Loki

Other points are:

Now I can not make new photos. I will return home on 10 May and will try to make a new photo.

The first version was minitul without any inscriptions (both arms). Cutters for solid wire appeared likely at the same time and when PST

Be careful and be safe getting home we can wait :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD