Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sunwayman R01A

N_N_R · 10 · 1802

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Sunwayman R01A
on: September 19, 2012, 01:43:10 PM
As some of you might know, I ordered the keychain Sunwayman R01A two months ago from DinoDirect.com. Well, it fiiiiinalllly arrived!  :mail:

I don't have much time now and can't share much impressions, not that I've even tried it in the dark, but here's what I first thought: the tan/desert colour looks a little darker in reality than it was shown in the pictures; The head twists on/off much more easily/smoothly than the one of the Fenix E01 or Olight i3, which I consider like a tiny disadvantage - I have the feeling it will be turning on/off at will.

Here are a few pictures : )

Feel free to share your impressions too if you own one of these :D I'll share more impressions later :D
pic2 001.jpg
* pic2 001.jpg (Filesize: 153.72 KB)
pic2 002.jpg
* pic2 002.jpg (Filesize: 233.27 KB)
pic2 003.jpg
* pic2 003.jpg (Filesize: 132.53 KB)
pic2 004.jpg
* pic2 004.jpg (Filesize: 139.6 KB)

bg Offline N_N_R

Re: Sunwayman R01A
Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 06:24:36 PM
Ok, a picture size comparison :D

pic2.jpg
* pic2.jpg (Filesize: 195.27 KB)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 06:39:21 PM
I hope it's not a disappointment after having such a long wait for it.  It looks to be a very good rival for the Fenix E01. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 08:01:00 PM
So there's still hope for mine :ahhh

I ordered mine on the 12th of July, it supposedly shipped on the 20th and I'm still waiting. :D I'm not worried or frustrated at all, it still has loads of time to arrive to beat my China Post record of 8 months ;) And it's not like i don't have a "couple" of spare flashlights around :rofl: I ordered it just to feed my 5mm hunger, and the $9,99 was hard to resist. Nice to see the size comparison. I see you ordered the same colour as I did. I'm looking forward to your thoughts about the tint. Hope it isn't too blurple ;)

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 10:15:08 PM
I hope it's not a disappointment after having such a long wait for it.  It looks to be a very good rival for the Fenix E01. :tu:

I'm not sure what to say actually.... You need to twist it very much for it to be properly OFF...  .. otherwise when you ...press the head to the body lightly, it turns on.... on the other hand, when you twist if off for more.... you risk the head falling off... *crazy* So far, at first glance teh Fenix E01 is sturdier...
So there's still hope for mine :ahhh

I ordered mine on the 12th of July, it supposedly shipped on the 20th and I'm still waiting. :D I'm not worried or frustrated at all, it still has loads of time to arrive to beat my China Post record of 8 months ;) And it's not like i don't have a "couple" of spare flashlights around :rofl: I ordered it just to feed my 5mm hunger, and the $9,99 was hard to resist. Nice to see the size comparison. I see you ordered the same colour as I did. I'm looking forward to your thoughts about the tint. Hope it isn't too blurple ;)

LOL, you were supposed to receive it first! :D I have no impressions about the tint.... but I thin the light's dimmer than the E01....

Today I bought a new netbook and Ive been preoccupied with exploring it, that's why I'm not quite coherent, LOL. The flashlight didn't manage the right moment, lol :D

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 02:38:10 PM
I see you ordered the same colour as I did.

Didn't you say you ordered gray? Mine's supposed to be that tan/desert colour, but it's actually quite different from the pictures, it's a little "colourless" in reality..

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 05:38:56 PM
I see you ordered the same colour as I did.

Didn't you say you ordered gray? Mine's supposed to be that tan/desert colour, but it's actually quite different from the pictures, it's a little "colourless" in reality..

Now I'm not sure anymore :ahhh It could have been gray :think: It's been too long, so I'll get a surprise when it does turn up. ;)

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 01:53:22 PM
@enki_ck,

Has yours finally arrived??? :D

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Re: Sunwayman R01A
Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 02:14:01 PM
@enki_ck,

Has yours finally arrived??? :D

Noup. But it's still not the longest time I had to wait for delivery. Five months is the current record. Let's see if it beats it. :ahhh

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 02:20:15 PM
O.M.G.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46