Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Nothing but One Pieces

us Offline afinitaln

Nothing but One Pieces
on: September 23, 2012, 05:10:01 AM
I have recently began collecting in my opinion practical one piece keychain tools that are high in quality and very practical for everyday carry. I do want to add a couple more things like titanium toothpick, scissors, nanoStriker, nail clipper and I'm not sure what else maybe a spyderco bug and a glofob.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 202.72 KB)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:23:13 AM by afinitaln »

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Nothing but One Pieces
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 11:26:52 AM
Nice collection mate :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 01:09:02 PM
Very nice,  how about a quick rundown on what is all on there. :)

00 Offline Boyen

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 01:20:50 PM
It looks awesome for sure. How practical is it though? IMO, the more OPT I carry, the heavier and taller my keychain gets. I mean, you still need atleast a light there and probably a knife like you said, then at one point you're better off with a SAK/MT. Not saying it doesn't look good, just wondering about the practical side.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 01:59:49 PM
I was considering this, but I hate overlap, so I have some one piece tools or the equivalent, but also a custom SAK to cover missed tools which I don't think one piece tools manage to do so well.

I am always interested in looking at different one piece tools though, they have the potential of being very effective at giving utility for minimum space usage (e.g. keyring carry).

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 04:21:43 PM
I hope that handcuff key isn't something you have to use too often!   :whistle:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 04:40:11 PM
Hey now.. isn't that corkscrew a two piece tool!!!! :D LOL  :rofl:

Some of those gadgets look neat but too much mass for me when a SAK could replace almost that entire setup. 

I like the look of those foldout super tweezers, what are those called?
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline afinitaln

Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 12:51:16 PM
How this began was with the tweezers, I have a one year old and I do enjoy the outdoors, so I was worried about Tics and thought a pair if tweezers would be nice to have. I was going to get the uncle bills but I didn't think they would be affective with tics so I came across PocketTweez.com. They are a little pricey but when dealing with tics a few extra dollars are worth it. They are of very high quality and worth every penny so much so i bought two and gave one to my wife. Now everything on the set was put their with to anticipate being super dad on the road and being prepared with whatever baby toy could throw at me. Then there is the wine opener, the can opener and the inch worm. Lets face it the wine opener is for mommy and daddy when visiting wine country and the can opener is good opening bait or a can at a BBQ or picnic. Now the inch worm is for believe it or not photography. Place it in the picture and you now have a reference to size each marking is a 1/8th inch. I do carry separately a Fenix pd12 flashlight (120 lumens), Coldsteel mini lawman pocket knife and a Pockettool X so no need to bulk up the key ring with those. I ordered a Skinth Milkyway from skinthsolutions.com so these tools may end up in that and not on my keys.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 04:25:29 PM
... thought a pair if tweezers would be nice to have. I was going to get the uncle bills but I didn't think they would be affective with tics so I came across PocketTweez.com. They are a little pricey but when dealing with tics a few extra dollars are worth it. ...

Good post.  You sparked my interest in the Pocketweez (one 't') so I found their web site at:  http://www.pocketweez.com/
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline jimw451

• Hi! I like sharp things!
Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 04:48:38 PM
I like the setup and the intended purpose.  Great looking group there!  Just make sure you wipe down the opener between bait and BBQ!  :rofl:
Hi!  I like sharp things and keychain tools!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%