Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

OHT owners club!

Fistach · 1006 · 64653

nl Offline Desmodromic

Re: OHT owners club!
Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 10:24:58 AM
Leatherman informed me that they will make a limited amount of OHTs this year and will start a full production next year - my guess is that they need to reset machines that now make other multitools - maybe they will retire some other model(s)?

We will see. I'm glad that my OHT has arrived to my uncle and is now being shipped to Poland! I extept it on next monday!

It' still not available here in Poland.

And a review on tuesday?  :sak:
Someone who wants finds a solution
Someone who doesn't want finds an excuse

pl Offline Fistach

Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 10:01:19 PM
Leatherman informed me that they will make a limited amount of OHTs this year and will start a full production next year - my guess is that they need to reset machines that now make other multitools - maybe they will retire some other model(s)?

We will see. I'm glad that my OHT has arrived to my uncle and is now being shipped to Poland! I extept it on next monday!

It' still not available here in Poland.

And a review on tuesday?  :sak:

Nope. I need to test it firstly at home to learn the tools on the multitool by heart and then test it during firefighting drills and in action to make a thorough and reliable review you can enjoy and find useful. I need to test it whether it can be put into good use with bare hands (well this is rather obvious) but also in nitryl rubber gloves or a firefighting gloves.

I hate all this unboxing crap on Youtube which some people reckon as a review...

You need to wait a while!

BTW. Here is my tool tale :)

http://www.leatherman.com/Products/story?id=3124&c=70
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:03:42 PM by Fistach »

00 Offline Kukamunga

• drool, *drool* for cool multitoolz
Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 01:12:15 AM
I haven't posted much here...well practically nothing actually!  However, I've enjoyed a lot of the knowledgeable MT INFOmation...

I too ordered mine on line with Cabela's and opted to pick it up at their store.  Mainly because they wanted $20 for shipping, which seemed a little steep.  After the trek there, I think it's possible I made the wrong choice.

At any rate, I have to say that I was really excited to see this Leatherman finally released.  Not nearly as pragmatic as some of you, I erred completely on the geeked out side [drove my girlfriend nutz].  I'm a fan of style and substance - in almost everything - from bands, sports, tools.  The OHT seems to possess this, to my mind.  I actually like the way it presents, the design and look of it.  A little different than its predecessors.  Not completely original - but you get the feeling Leatherman owns the design.

I've had my OHT for about a week now and I like it quite a bit.  Pliers work as described here.  I've not pinched myself yet, nor had a problem.  Weight is good, feels good in the hand.  Great ease of use.  Personally, there's no problem for me with the smaller sized knives, saw.  Whilst I may not have 20 different Leatherman [plural?] bought over a span of 30+ years, I do have a black Surge and a MUT EOD.  If I need a larger knife, there's both of those.

Seems a great addition to me.  However, I have to say that the sheath just *blowz*.  I was quite suprised in the negative.  It's just flimsy and plain jane to the max.  I ordered a Molle XL from eBay - AFTER I'd ordered a 'Large' Molle from Amazon.  Amazon sent the same sheath that comes with the OHT!  So, btw - the #931005 sheath [off Leatherman's website] IS the OHT sheath.  Made in China...

Also, in a relatively inconsequential note - they left off the white "Leatherman OHT" lettering, which I thought looked really cool.
...nothing in his pockets but knives and lint...

us Offline BR101

Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 04:40:21 AM
I got a OHT on the way. Should be here next week sometime. I'll be reviewing it.
If anyone is looking to get one of these, you may wanna hold out for my review if you wanna save some cha-ching   ;)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 09:03:29 AM
Thanks for the thoughts Kukamunga. :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:05:40 AM by Gareth »
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Clark

OHT owners club!
Reply #35 on: October 06, 2012, 05:30:36 AM
I got the black OHT a couple days ago, it came with the large black molle, same one that came with the Mut. Cool.  So far I like the OHT but I've only fondled it and have not any real work.   I am interested to hear what the pro reviewers say about.  Obviously it's way different than any other Leatherman.   I to was disappointed the lettering was black unlike the white lettering in preview pictures.   I'm a fan of the OHT.   Tan and black one is on back order.
Clark

us Offline valvestem125

• You only go this way once.
Reply #36 on: October 18, 2012, 12:42:19 AM
No "OHT" at Cabela's yet in Scarborough Maine.  :(

Offline polak187

Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 02:11:57 AM
Got one and posted a review in the "review" section. Nothing to rave about.

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 04:05:16 PM
Finally got a tan one ordered from Cabelas. Should be here Monday. It should be real handy at work.    :)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline danbomb

Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 11:29:39 PM
After a month of daily use I have found I like these pliers better than any of my other leatherman tools by far. When I pick up my wave or charge now they feel odd because I am expecting spring loading and handles that close completely together. If you carry a multi and use the pliers more than anything else the OHT is the way to go. If you use the other tools more you can save some weight and bulk and have longer blades with a wave or most of the other leatherman tools. 9.6 ounces is very noticeable in a sheath and bounces around loose in a pocket.
My black unit does not have the leatherman logo in white so I hit the side with the main blade with 220 so I can find it instantly. I was having a hard time seeing the graphics without grabbing a flashlight.
w

us Offline David

Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 06:57:20 AM
Got a coyote brown one from Cabelas today. It's a hand full. I like it.    :D
4AWandLMOHT 035.JPG
* 4AWandLMOHT 035.JPG (Filesize: 54.24 KB)
4AWandLMOHT 039.JPG
* 4AWandLMOHT 039.JPG (Filesize: 52.74 KB)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

Offline Tube

• New User
Reply #41 on: December 07, 2012, 06:37:25 PM
I've been a loyal Leatherman user for more than 20 years now. I've taken the factory tour, and ceaselessly promote Leatherman tools to my friends.

I bought an OHT the day before yesterday, and was quite pleased with the spring-loaded pliers. I like the thinness of the pliers as well.

I was rather shocked to discover that my particular tool had been assembled incorrectly, and this was not caught in the inspection stage:

Leatherman OHT

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 07:16:03 PM
I will be in the club in a few days, Black for me

ca Offline sjian

Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 02:16:20 AM
I was rather shocked to discover that my particular tool had been assembled incorrectly, and this was not caught in the inspection stage:

Are you going to send it back for a replacement?
"The most dangerous tool is the user"

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 04:28:01 AM
I've been a loyal Leatherman user for more than 20 years now. I've taken the factory tour, and ceaselessly promote Leatherman tools to my friends.

I bought an OHT the day before yesterday, and was quite pleased with the spring-loaded pliers. I like the thinness of the pliers as well.

Leatherman OHT

It makes an interesting collector's piece with the flub; I'd see if anyone wants it here before you send it back, honestly.  :)

Offline GutterClown

• New User
Reply #45 on: December 13, 2012, 12:18:08 PM
Hey guys,

I sent one of the OHT's to a guy in Michigan, and he asked what the Notch(es) are in the handles.

I can't see a use for it in normal usage.  Most likely manufacturing or assembly related.

Any other ideas?
Untitled.jpg
* Untitled.jpg (Filesize: 69.49 KB)

us Offline valvestem125

• You only go this way once.
Reply #46 on: December 13, 2012, 01:27:00 PM
Relief radii is my guess.

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: December 13, 2012, 07:09:27 PM
As far as i can see,everyone is sold out, 2-3 weeks before available, I saw one on ebay buy it now $170.00 ! people are bidiing and the prices are going way up. Think I will wait

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #48 on: December 27, 2012, 06:57:22 PM
Saw these in BO at the downtown Austin REI. $82?¿?
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: December 27, 2012, 07:03:24 PM
OK couldnt wait..

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 10:58:04 AM
Hey guys,

I sent one of the OHT's to a guy in Michigan, and he asked what the Notch(es) are in the handles.

I can't see a use for it in normal usage.  Most likely manufacturing or assembly related.

Any other ideas?

Wire stripper?
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

sg Offline henryhcyap

Reply #51 on: January 02, 2013, 03:20:11 PM
Hello everybody,  :salute: Happy New Year to all, just got my OHT today. It will replace my Tti as EDC for now. Was wondering, anybody knows if the removable bit driver can be used on the OHT ?
Thanks !

image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 220.08 KB)

Reply #52 on: January 02, 2013, 08:28:26 PM
Hello everybody,  :salute: Happy New Year to all, just got my OHT today. It will replace my Tti as EDC for now. Was wondering, anybody knows if the removable bit driver can be used on the OHT ?
Thanks !

The Removable Bit Driver will fit any of the Leatherman tools with either the square Phillips driver or the large bit driver (via the 1/4 x 6mm bit).
Leatherman does not mention the item can be used with the large bit driver. This is probably due to twisting-motion stress. The bit could break with over exertion.

Quote from: Leatherman
Removable Bit Driver

Add ten additional tools to your standard multi-tool.

Fits: Core®, Rebar™, Rebar™ Black, Super Tool® 300, Blast®, Fuse®, Kick®, Juice® Xe6, Juice® Cs4, Juice® S2, Juice® C2, Genus®, Hybrid®, Vista®

From looks at the zoom-in photo, no. Using the RBD on any of the on-board drivers would put too much of twisting-motion stress if it could fit onto one of the bits and cause breakage.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:36:53 PM by Xelkos »
¬ Outback in Idaho

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #53 on: January 03, 2013, 12:26:12 AM
Thanks !

I'd ask Metroplicity (Eric). He's the 'go to' guy here for LM modding :tu:

More than likely some milling/ grinding would have to be done to make this happen. Very doubtful that it would 'drop in' :think:

Terry

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #54 on: January 03, 2013, 12:31:22 AM

The Removable Bit Driver will fit any of the Leatherman tools with either the square Phillips driver or the large bit driver (via the 1/4 x 6mm bit).
Leatherman does not mention the item can be used with the large bit driver. This is probably due to twisting-motion stress. The bit could break with over exertion.

Quote from: Leatherman
Removable Bit Driver

Add ten additional tools to your standard multi-tool.

Fits: Core®, Rebar™, Rebar™ Black, Super Tool® 300, Blast®, Fuse®, Kick®, Juice® Xe6, Juice® Cs4, Juice® S2, Juice® C2, Genus®, Hybrid®, Vista®

Until someone mentioned this on another thread today, I wasn't aware of what this was for :think: Pretty  8) contraption!¡!

Terry

Reply #55 on: January 03, 2013, 03:22:33 AM
Until someone mentioned this on another thread today, I wasn't aware of what this was for :think: Pretty  8) contraption!¡!

It is quite interesting that Leatherman chose to omit a large bit driver and/or the adaptability to the removable bit driver. It does have those two redundant flatheads, no file, and an odd looking can opener
¬ Outback in Idaho

sg Offline henryhcyap

Reply #56 on: January 03, 2013, 11:25:29 AM
Thanks for the input everybody :salute:, @Xelkos : yes, the large bit driver is something that I missed on the OHT today when I needed to unscrew a hex socket. Anyways, I went ahead and bought a kit from eBay since its not that expensive an item. Will see how it goes.

Reply #57 on: January 04, 2013, 12:59:10 AM
You could always make your own handle and carry it with the RBD for a portable bit driver. Might even start a new fad here. :pok: maybe even a RBD Owner's thread.
¬ Outback in Idaho

sg Offline henryhcyap

Reply #58 on: January 20, 2013, 04:32:50 PM
Thanks !

The only option available should it be absolutely necessary to use the removable bit driver on the OHT.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 227.73 KB)

Offline recklesstryg

Reply #59 on: April 11, 2013, 04:14:49 PM

Kydex holster

Used a Constant Force Spring to hold the head back in the closed position.

Used the threaded hole on the opposite side of the lock as the mounting point.
McMaster Part: 9293K42   
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/119/1213/=m9wgsv

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44