Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

OHT owners club!

Fistach · 1006 · 65230

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: OHT owners club!
Reply #90 on: December 16, 2014, 09:05:55 AM
Love your one babola - finally a black oxide tool I like the look of.   :drool:

Things that put me off though:
 - Tiny blades (smaller than Skeletool's)
 - No file
 - It stays 'fat' when using drivers doesn't it?

Otherwise very tempting...

Skele doesn't have a file.  :P
I'm comparing more with the Surge.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #91 on: December 16, 2014, 09:12:13 AM
Love your one babola - finally a black oxide tool I like the look of.   :drool:

Things that put me off though:
 - No file

Otherwise very tempting...

Skele doesn't have a file.  :P
I'm comparing more with the Surge.

I do most of my cutting with a Spyderco Dragonfly that has a sub two inch blade.

de Offline Lichtbote

Reply #92 on: December 16, 2014, 11:02:11 AM
 - No file

That´s nothing that can´t be handled.

The wanted tools for a swap just need to be found. (I still need to find a BO Waves saw)

As my other regular MT is a BO Surge ....... nothing to complain for me.  :think: ;)
OHT - serrated blade mod 007.jpg
* OHT - serrated blade mod 007.jpg (Filesize: 223.23 KB)
OHT saw mod test 001.jpg
* OHT saw mod test 001.jpg (Filesize: 228.51 KB)
Have fun.

Bye,
Michael

de Offline Lichtbote

Reply #93 on: December 16, 2014, 11:06:55 AM
And it matches so much nicer to some of my other toys than my full black Surge.  :rofl: :tu:
fixed 001.jpg
* fixed 001.jpg (Filesize: 247.86 KB)
Hatchet 3 klein.jpg
* Hatchet 3 klein.jpg (Filesize: 154.42 KB)
Have fun.

Bye,
Michael

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #94 on: December 21, 2014, 03:36:25 AM
I was in Bivouac today (an outdoor store here) and found myself face to face with a BO OHT. There it was, right in the middle of the display cabinet, calling to me. The price tag said $109NZD. (for comparison a Surge next to it was $268NZD!)
"Would you like me to take anything out for you to look at?" asks the lovely young lady - Hell yes!
So I have a little play with it (which was nice) but couldn't get the pliers to retract - I take it you just squeeze the handles together and push the buttons in?
Anyway, I'm on the verge of buying it when she comes back and tells me the price is wrong; on the box it says $199NZD. No Deal.  >:(

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #95 on: December 22, 2014, 07:57:53 PM
I was in Bivouac today (an outdoor store here) and found myself face to face with a BO OHT. There it was, right in the middle of the display cabinet, calling to me. The price tag said $109NZD. (for comparison a Surge next to it was $268NZD!)
"Would you like me to take anything out for you to look at?" asks the lovely young lady - Hell yes!
So I have a little play with it (which was nice) but couldn't get the pliers to retract - I take it you just squeeze the handles together and push the buttons in?
Anyway, I'm on the verge of buying it when she comes back and tells me the price is wrong; on the box it says $199NZD. No Deal.  >:(
When you find something a lot cheaper than normal, don't play with it first, buy it and get out  :twak:.

Just kidding mate ;).

When I find something that's mispriced, it all depends on what kind of store I'm in ...

Is it one of those stores where you can have a nice chat with the guy at the counter about that latest Leatherman tool or that sweet looking Swisstool, and where they are always willing to help you out with warranty stuff and things like that.  Or is it one of those stores where they don't know smurf about what they're selling and just want to get their hands on your hard earned cash with the least possible effort ...

When I'm in one of the first type of shops, I'll ask if the price is correct, because it seems to be too low.  When I'm in the other type of shop, I will not ask any questions, just say that I would like to buy that tool, pay and get out as fast as I can hopefully before they have a chance to notice their mistake ... (not that this kind of thing happens to me a lot).

Does this make me a bad person ...  :think:

Anyway, I payed 120 Euros for my OHT (about $190NZD if the currency converter is correct) and I think it's worth it, for me the OHT is the biggest surprise I've had for the last couple of years when it comes down to multitools.

Here's a pic of mine:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #96 on: December 22, 2014, 10:53:25 PM
The problem is it had the low price in the display stand but the high price on the box, when they scan it I guess it would ring up the high price.
I could argue that it was advertised at the low price, therefore they should sell it to me for that. As I left I saw her correcting the price on the display stand.

Since then I have actually noticed them on an online auction site here for $109NZD plus $15 P&P from Australia. The impulse buy urge may have passed though. ;-)

nz Offline babola

• No Life Club
  • The Tinkerer
Reply #97 on: December 22, 2014, 11:30:02 PM
The problem is it had the low price in the display stand but the high price on the box, when they scan it I guess it would ring up the high price.
I could argue that it was advertised at the low price, therefore they should sell it to me for that. As I left I saw her correcting the price on the display stand.

Since then I have actually noticed them on an online auction site here for $109NZD plus $15 P&P from Australia. The impulse buy urge may have passed though. ;-)

Would be worth a try but unfortunately NZ Consumer Guarantee Act states a merchant isn't required to sell the product at the mislabeled or incorrect price listed and they're allowed to correct their mistake on the fly.
Good thing is many store clerks don't know this and you can try bending their arm.
EDC and OCD. A wicked mix.

us Offline David

Reply #98 on: December 29, 2014, 10:38:19 PM
 :)
oht 005.JPG
* oht 005.JPG (Filesize: 86.28 KB)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #99 on: December 29, 2014, 10:44:12 PM
 - No file

That´s nothing that can´t be handled.

The wanted tools for a swap just need to be found. (I still need to find a BO Waves saw)
So bigger blades fit in without affecting anything else?

As my other regular MT is a BO Surge ....... nothing to complain for me.  :think: ;)
What I mean is some MTs such as Surge can be opened out more when using the drivers, which might be advantageous in a tight space.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:47:54 PM by Syncop8r »

Offline bmh46

Reply #100 on: December 30, 2014, 08:31:08 AM
Nice pic bud.  How did you get that picture?

Offline Griffster

Reply #101 on: January 15, 2015, 01:19:42 AM
I'm in.

Mine arrived from Phtonlight a couple of days ago.  I'm really enjoying the quick deployment of the pliers, and the small blade is easy to work with too.  I'm not so sure about the screwdrivers though.  i love the bit holder on my TTi, so we'll see.
This is the second Leatherman arrival in a week, and my fourth full sized LMT in the collection.
I think it's time to admit that I've joined the ranks of the afflicted!  :facepalm:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #102 on: January 15, 2015, 01:22:39 AM
I'm in.

Mine arrived from Phtonlight a couple of days ago.  I'm really enjoying the quick deployment of the pliers, and the small blade is easy to work with too.  I'm not so sure about the screwdrivers though.  i love the bit holder on my TTi, so we'll see.
This is the second Leatherman arrival in a week, and my fourth full sized LMT in the collection.
I think it's time to admit that I've joined the ranks of the afflicted!  :facepalm:

Welcome to the afflicted  :multi:

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #103 on: January 15, 2015, 02:38:02 AM
I've been looking at OHTs for a long time, waiting for a new OHT at a good price.  Finally snagged this one today and snapped a photo of it.  Then, I gave it a good 3-in-One oil treatment and wiped off the excess.

It fits in a Red Rhino Mega Pouch for horizontal carry, but is too wide for my other sheaths.  Can't wait to give it a workout.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #104 on: January 15, 2015, 02:51:19 AM
Welcome to the club!

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #105 on: January 26, 2015, 07:48:38 AM
G'Day,

I'm in too, got mine last week. Cool tool so far. I'll EDC it for the next week or so.

Cheers,

Pete
IMGP1899.JPG
* IMGP1899.JPG (Filesize: 175.97 KB)
IMGP1910.JPG
* IMGP1910.JPG (Filesize: 209.94 KB)
IMGP1913.JPG
* IMGP1913.JPG (Filesize: 203.04 KB)
IMGP1905.JPG
* IMGP1905.JPG (Filesize: 210.33 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #106 on: February 03, 2015, 09:44:04 AM
I am in the club!  :woohoo:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #107 on: February 03, 2015, 02:07:06 PM
Nice Zman! How do you like it?

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #108 on: February 03, 2015, 09:18:45 PM
Ahhhhh I want so bad.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #109 on: February 03, 2015, 10:40:17 PM
Nice Zman! How do you like it?

Nate

It's early days yet and like most MTs there is some good and bad things about it.
I'll get some real work out of it and write up anything worth noting.
The sprung pliers are pretty good, I like those.

nl Offline Desmodromic

Reply #110 on: February 04, 2015, 06:20:29 AM
Have one for some time now. EDC it for a while but in the end switched back to my MUT because of the bigger blade.
Someone who wants finds a solution
Someone who doesn't want finds an excuse

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #111 on: February 04, 2015, 09:35:00 AM

The sprung pliers are pretty good, I like those.

I like them too, plus the fact that the handles are nearly closed with full pressure. I am really liking it so far.

Cheers,

Pete

it Offline naftausa

Reply #112 on: February 04, 2015, 03:21:36 PM
I' m in...

BO Black OHT in my hand... :ahhh :ahhh :drool:

ca Offline mapletaffy

Reply #113 on: February 15, 2016, 04:37:14 PM
I've had my OHT for over a year and I think it has the best pliers on any leather man. Thier length and strength are incomparable on any multi tool. I've snapped screws and nails by placing them in the cutters putti the tool on the ground and stomping the handles. This was only done in a dirty pinch.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #114 on: February 15, 2016, 05:04:45 PM
I've had my OHT for over a year and I think it has the best pliers on any leather man. Thier length and strength are incomparable on any multi tool. I've snapped screws and nails by placing them in the cutters putti the tool on the ground and stomping the handles. This was only done in a dirty pinch.
(Image removed from quote.)

I do not want to alarm you mate, but there appears to be some kind of creature under your table ... :dwts:

:ahhh

Just kidding, I also like my OHT very much, first time I saw a pic of the OHT I remember saying how I would never buy one, and now it's one of my favorites, go figure.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, for me, the OHT is the biggest surprise of the last couple of years, when it comes to "new type of multitool".

be Offline stunkel

Reply #115 on: February 16, 2016, 08:33:43 PM
I also have a OHT for several months.
He is always in my pack for Geocaching.
LM OHT.JPG
* LM OHT.JPG (Filesize: 332.91 KB)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #116 on: February 16, 2016, 09:57:57 PM
I also have a OHT for several months.
He is always in my pack for Geocaching.

I like the patch on your pack  :rofl:.

I just found my first cache last week  :woohoo:.

I've had my Garmin Map60CSX since 2007 but mostly used it for mountainbiking and hiking, only recently I discovered Geocaching.com, and decided to give it a go last week, since my boys (9 and 11) had a week vacation.  We went for a multicache, solved some questions to find the location of the stash ... it was good fun :tu:.

It's great to see another Belgian here, there are some others, but we're still a rare breed  ;).

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #117 on: May 10, 2016, 02:41:42 PM
Another club I can join :)

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #118 on: May 10, 2016, 11:27:40 PM
Another club I can join :)

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club my friend  :cheers:.

When the first rumours and later the first pics of the OHT showed up here, I was very sceptical about it (even said that this was one tool I would never buy ::)).  Then it started to show up at the local outdoor shops, and one time, my oldest son handed me one of the blister packed OHT's and told me he liked the look of it ...  ::).  And since I had some store credit left over I decided to take a gamble and bought it.

And I must say, the OHT turned out to be the biggest (positive) surprise I've had for the last couple of years when it comes to multitools.  Perfect fit and finish (maybe I was just lucky to get a "good one" this time, but I haven't heard much about any problems with an OHT here either, so ...).  And it hasn't failed on me yet  :D.

The silver one does look very classy, I must say  :drool:.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #119 on: May 10, 2016, 11:37:40 PM
Just lurked through this topic and read the post from "Tube" on page two, where he showed his OHT which had the same tools on both sides of the tool, so I guess "fit and finish" on the OHT is still debatable, but there are other Leatherman tools that seem to have a lot more problems like that, so in my opinion, the OHT is still doing alright.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%