Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spirit Sheath Question...

665ae · 11 · 5880

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Spirit Sheath Question...
on: November 29, 2006, 01:29:10 AM
Can the Spirit be carried horizontally?  Or would I have to order a different sheath than the one that comes with the tool?
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Spirit Sheath Question...
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 01:50:33 AM
You would need to order a seperate sheath.  Felinevet has a neat sheath that swivels:

http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=35

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 02:13:35 AM
Does Vic make sheath's for horizontal carry?  The swivel sheath looks like something I'd break in about two days.  I need something with belt loops at the top and bottom of the sheath to keep it snug to my belt.

If you have a Meyerco paradox... I'm thinking something like the sheath that comes with it.  I use the Paradox sheath to carry my Kick at the moment.  It's secure on my belt and I don't catch it on stuff...
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline colubrid

Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 02:24:13 AM
Just curious. Why do you want to carry it horozontally? Have you seen the Spirit sheath yet? Have you actually handled one??...Its nice.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 02:28:07 AM
I don't care for vertical carry holsters.  They aren't comfortable to me.  I'm a larger (i.e. fat) guy and I can feel most sheath's poking me in the back/side.  Plus, I've ripped off just about every vertical carry sheath I've ever tried to wear...

Granted, I've only had two horizontal carry ones... but I absolutely love them.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 02:42:03 AM
I don't think Victorinox makes a horizontal carry sheath other than the swivel sheath.  For that you'd probably have to look into custom sheaths.  I'd suggest Esteban for leather or Eric at On Scene Tactical for kydex.  As much as I love Esteban's work, I'd suggest the kydex for horizontal carry as I am always concerned about losing the tool, even with vertical carry.  I've been lucky so far, but the amount I get in and out of my work truck I have dropped a few tools after the snaps or velcro have gotten caught and been pulled open.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline colubrid

Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 06:55:43 AM
I carry my Juice series multitools in a horizontal nylon/velcro sheaths I find at a gun shows.

Those nylon sheaths work well (and last long) and you could probably find one with the perfect fit for your Spirit.

Sorry that I was not any more help..

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 01:36:59 AM
Are those mag pouches you are talking about?
Yabba dabba doo!

Offline colubrid

Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 02:50:08 AM
Are those mag pouches you are talking about?

I don't think they are mag pouches. I mean there are so many sizes and the people that sell these at gun shows sell them for knives. I don't see anyone carring horizontal mags because then you would be limited to only one because it takes up so much room on a belt.

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 09:52:59 AM
I have a TAD Gear sheath for my Juice Pro(TAD-S2 sheath I think, the small one) that wears horizontally and it also fits my SwissTool Spirit though there are two larger sheath models that may fit it better.  And I believe they're all on sale at the moment.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 06:01:54 PM
Wow, I clicked the TAD Gear Home Page icon at the linked page you provided. Pretty cool!

Poking around their website a bit, they sure have a lot of neat stuff!
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%