Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Facial Hair

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Facial Hair
Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 12:05:24 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

I usually keep moustaches longer than this, but here I am.

:facepalm:

Superb facial hair mate, but the T-shirt is even better. :D :D

No pics at the mo, but put me down as another who can't smoke cigars for fear of looking like a terrier taking a dump  :P

ewww..... :twak:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 11:23:29 AM

Superb facial hair mate, but the T-shirt is even better. :D :D

Thank you. A present from my wife (the t-shirt, not the hair). She's been a keeper since the moment I met her :)

No pics at the mo, but put me down as another who can't smoke cigars for fear of looking like a terrier taking a dump  :P

Uberlol :D

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #32 on: October 11, 2012, 01:38:25 PM
Either we've run out of beards, or I broke the thread  :oops:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 08:28:34 PM
Either we've run out of beards, or I broke the thread  :oops:

I seriously doubt that we ran out of beards/ facial hair  :think:  :think:  :think: so my vote is that you broke the thread  :pok: :pok: :pok:  :cheers:  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 09:15:56 PM

And we got a winner..  :B: :B:  :D

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #35 on: October 11, 2012, 09:22:15 PM
I already posted...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #36 on: October 11, 2012, 11:58:36 PM
I have to have a shave every couple of days, otherwise I find it irritating.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 02:28:02 AM
I would participate but I don't show up in pictures for some reason.  :think:   

:D

:drink:
I'm the milk man!

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 12:24:15 PM
I would participate but I don't show up in pictures for some reason.  :think:   

:D

:drink:
I also have this problem, but it's usually because I'm the one with the camera taking pictures...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 01:42:09 PM
isn't it odd on a forum that you often hear "shaving sharp !  :drool: " to find a thread .... :facepalm:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 01:43:12 PM

This is the type of beard I would really like to have myself 8)

BTW any Movember participants this year?
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #41 on: October 12, 2012, 03:40:02 PM
Mat will be recruiting for our Movember team shortly!  I'll be participating again this year and I'd encourage others to get involved too!

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #42 on: October 12, 2012, 04:04:30 PM
I won't be participating myself but I will definitely donate again. I was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year so for me this is now even more important than before :salute:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #43 on: October 12, 2012, 07:50:33 PM
I won't be participating myself but I will definitely donate again. I was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year so for me this is now even more important than before :salute:

Participate?  :think: Donate?  :think:

I guess this is one of the disadvantages to being a newbie to the forum not knowing traditions and stuff going on, and so we live and learn.

I will be participating and donating as well, I guess. I will not be growing the stache though as I can't grow one because of a stupid medical device I wear when I sleep. I will though, grow a connector of sorts for my chops, on my chin. So an opposite mustache, I guess.  :whistle: :drink:

Terry

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #44 on: October 12, 2012, 08:34:17 PM
Every year we start up the Multitool.org Competitive Moustache Growing Team to raise money for prostate cancer and (I think) clinical depression. Sadly the international moustache competition insists on a moustache only and no extras, so none.of us are allowed anywhere near a public school through November.

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #45 on: October 12, 2012, 08:53:16 PM
Every year we start up the Multitool.org Competitive Moustache Growing Team to raise money for prostate cancer and (I think) clinical depression. Sadly the international moustache competition insists on a moustache only and no extras, so none.of us are allowed anywhere near a public school through November.

Def

And just who do they think they are?¡? Though I may not be part of the "competition," I can still grow it in my stand against prostate cancer (I know several that have been inflicted and one who even beat it). I totally agree with the clinical depression thing Def. I know that it's a huge part in one's fight against this "death sentence" of a disease. Anywho, I will still grow my own version and donate still.

Terry

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #46 on: October 12, 2012, 09:07:21 PM
I've had a goatee since I was 18, my wife (girlfriend at the time) made me clean shave the whole thing one day, and then told me, umm grow it back. She also said wow you look almost like a preteen, OMG I can't date you cause I'd feel like I'm one of those teachers with there students! GROW IT BACK!! Gee, your the one that wanted me to shave it off. So I've had the goatee for 15yrs, now she gets mad when I grow it too long, I can never win. I'd grow it all, but it won't grow, it's very thin from the goatee to the sideburns. My father was the same way could never grow thick, yet my grandfather had the best full thick complete beard. JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 10:01:18 PM
I've had a goatee since I was 18, my wife (girlfriend at the time) made me clean shave the whole thing one day, and then told me, umm grow it back. She also said wow you look almost like a preteen, OMG I can't date you cause I'd feel like I'm one of those teachers with there students! GROW IT BACK!! Gee, your the one that wanted me to shave it off. So I've had the goatee for 15yrs, now she gets mad when I grow it too long, I can never win. I'd grow it all, but it won't grow, it's very thin from the goatee to the sideburns. My father was the same way could never grow thick, yet my grandfather had the best full thick complete beard. JR
JR
Great looking goatee!¡!  :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

She "made" you? I can just picture this now, her holding you down and forcing your hand to scrape your razor across your chin and blood flowing from the forceful swipes.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And the grow it back thing, like we can do this instantaneously or something? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's interesting how women change their minds about his type of thing. Good but interesting.  :tu:
 :pok: :pok: at the wife!¡!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My story is as such:

I grew my first mustache when I was a young Soldier as that's all we could grow being in the military. I kept it trimmed to the very strict standard we had to keep it in and had it until I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a few years back.

During my last deployment to Iraq I was asked to remove my mustache because I was often mistaken for the guy in-charge (that I often guarded during meetings with the local leaders) by the local Sheiks and Imams in our area of operation. I didn't shave, of course, but I was not selected after that to serve as the commander's (the guy usually in-charge) bodyguard after one too many of these occurrences. It's a good thing though that I didn't lose the stache because I was often the guy in-charge. The culture of the area was that people of importance usually had the facial hair, which officers in the armed forces usually do not have (I think that the idea is that they look more professional without facial hair).

After retirement from the Army I decided to grow the chin beard thing. It seems to me a rite of passage to retirement from the military is to grow crazy facial hair of some sort. I let the chin beard grow for a year before cutting it off (measuring 10"). My wife and family really didn't care too much for this look for me anyway. A few weeks later I saw a guy on TV with these great looking chops and I said to my wife, "what about me growing something like that?" Her answer? "No!"  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh So I did what any "good" husband would do, I grew me some chops. I let them grow for a year or so and trimmed them to my jaw line (8" from my jaw line before trimming), so here I am now with trimmed chops as pictured with my crazy ugly mug in my first post on this thread!¡!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it  :tu:  :think:
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

edit: I wasn't finished with my post and selected post instead of preview (amateur mistake  :facepalm:  :oops::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:11:20 PM by stealth007s »

Terry

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #48 on: October 13, 2012, 03:20:04 AM
Great looking goatee!¡!  :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

She "made" you? I can just picture this now, her holding you down and forcing your hand to scrape your razor across your chin and blood flowing from the forceful swipes.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And the grow it back thing, like we can do this instantaneously or something? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's interesting how women change their minds about his type of thing. Good but interesting.  :tu:
 :pok: :pok: at the wife!¡!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:facepalm:  :oops::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
TY, the worst part of it all, she did it! It was a trust thing, err so she ended up shaving it off, then saying to grow it back, lol! Amazingly it wasn't that bad, and apparently she didn't slice my throat, or else I wouldn't be here as we speak,  JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Facial Hair
Reply #49 on: October 13, 2012, 04:18:46 AM
I use to work with mentally handicap folks and this one guy I worked with I thought the world of. Well anyways he was 28 but had the mind of a 2 year old so I had to shave him. I couldn't put the shave cream on his lip until I was ready to shave there or he would lick it off and laugh. He was quite the character. :D

Sent from Ash forum mobile

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #50 on: October 13, 2012, 04:33:52 AM
Ew.... you'd think he'd learn that it tastes awful!

Def

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Facial Hair
Reply #51 on: October 13, 2012, 04:43:36 AM
He was a goof ball!

Sent from Ash forum mobile

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #52 on: October 13, 2012, 05:15:51 AM
Done
& Done http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,40348.0.html Movember growing facial hair for a good cause  :tu: :tu:

I also belong to the not keen on shaving club so I am the proud owner of the 'Multi coloured lazy mans goatee'  ;) :D :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #53 on: October 13, 2012, 05:28:36 AM
I kept a goatee for most of the last 20 years..   8)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Re: Facial Hair
Reply #54 on: October 13, 2012, 06:59:19 AM

Def

And just who do they think they are?¡? Though I may not be part of the "competition," I can still grow it in my stand against prostate cancer (I know several that have been inflicted and one who even beat it). I totally agree with the clinical depression thing Def. I know that it's a huge part in one's fight against this "death sentence" of a disease. Anywho, I will still grow my own version and donate still.

They issued the guidelines, but I imagine they are more for fun than anything else. I'd hate to think they would turn away any support based on which part of your face you do or don't shave.  And, if they did, I don't and while I'm not team captain (we'll have to get a ruling from Mat on that! :D) I'd be proud to have you as a teammate.

Def

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #55 on: October 13, 2012, 07:45:53 AM

Def

They issued the guidelines, but I imagine they are more for fun than anything else. I'd hate to think they would turn away any support based on which part of your face you do or don't shave.  And, if they did, I don't and while I'm not team captain (we'll have to get a ruling from Mat on that! :D) I'd be proud to have you as a teammate.

Def

Invitation accepted!¡!

Terry

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #56 on: October 13, 2012, 09:10:02 AM

Def

Def

Invitation accepted!¡!

Yep it originated in Oz so it is pretty laid back & it as much about awareness of mens health as it is fundraising  so I think there really is no hard n fast rules :tu: :tu: :tu:.

I fairly sure Movember includes 'other' facial hair styles  :think: :think:.

More than happy to have you & your 'Chops' on board stealthy man  :tu: :D :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #57 on: October 13, 2012, 04:39:44 PM
Here's a little better pic after a quick trim.  I usually don't have a beard, but have had a gotee for the last 12 years or so, and have never shaved it off!!

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: October 14, 2012, 09:24:01 PM
Apologies in advance for the crappy iPhone pic.

I did The Klingon, and I like it!
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #59 on: October 14, 2012, 09:35:55 PM
Hey Paul - that means you can join the Moevember team to fill in the gap too  ;)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $160.46
PayPal Fees: $9.45
Net Balance: $151.01
Below Goal: $148.99
Site Currency: USD