Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Got cordage?

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Got cordage?
on: October 11, 2012, 12:00:07 AM
So this past weekend, I took a day long outdoors class on firemaking and cordage.  I've already done a good amount of bushcraft type firemaking and practice, so that part was just more practice for me.

The cordage part was totally new for me, and also really cool and fun!   :tu:  We learned about different plants, how to process them in different ways appropriate to the various kinds of plant, and then how to make them into cordage.  We used mostly cattail and tule reeds that are native here in N. California. 

Like anything else, it took some practice, but I did get a couple of good samples made.  I'll post a couple of pics later tonight when I have more time.

Now, I just need to figure out how to fasten one of these things to my Endura, or my Quark, or...   :rofl:
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Re: Got cordage?
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 03:25:05 AM
Learned some basics in my school, maybe I'll be able to make some soon, I usually use milkweed for thinner cord, or white cedar bark for heavier duty rope. I usually hold it in the middle, twist each strand both ways, then twist them together and tie the end. Fun, strong, useful stuff! :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%