Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A new member introduction and a question

Offline RichestManInTown

A new member introduction and a question
on: March 05, 2008, 06:42:08 PM
Hello everyone. I've been reading your sight for a while now and I've really enjoyed the in depth reviews on the sites main page. I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but I will give it a shot. This youtube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Se45serHM, displays some very handy looking saw attachments for a Leatherman Charge. For my dads birthday this year me and my sister got him a Charge TTi, it seems fair as I made off with his old multitool many years ago. He does a lot of remodeling projects around his house and I know he would get a lot of use out of a saw that can get where his hacksaw can't and where a keyhole saw isn't durable enough to do the job. Are those modified saw blades available for sale? If not are there instructions on how to modify them yourself available? Thanks for reading, glad to be a member.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: A new member introduction and a question
Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 06:52:45 PM
Glad to have some rich friends visiting! :D

Welcome to the forum.  The saw blades are just standard reciprocating saw blades that were machined by our in house machinist, Bob.  He'll probably be along eventually to say whether he has any left or not, but he made them some time ago so I can't say for sure.

I made the video with the saws he had sent me, well over a year ago, and the blades have held up quite well.  They are designed to be used with much greater force than you can apply with your hands, so they stand up better than hacksaw blades seem to, but you also need to put a bit more elbow grease into them because they are a bit on the aggressive side.

They do work great though- like I said, they've stood up to a reasonable amount of use, and they give many more options than standard saws would.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 07:08:18 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.  :) 

It's a good job you have plenty of cash, as after being on here for a while you will have a huge shopping list to get.  :D
I'm back!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 07:27:09 PM
Welcome to the forum mate :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 03:14:35 AM
Welcome to the forums Rich. Here's a link to the thread where we first started talking about the saw blades: Charge Saws

Unfortunately I just mailed out my last two saws to a couple members last month. You can make your own if you've got a Dremel tool and a steady hand, otherwise I'll probably be cranking out another batch after awhile.

Bob
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 03:25:59 AM
You remind me of Richie Rich, the poor rich boy. Just kidding.

A warm welcome!

Eddie

Offline RichestManInTown

Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 07:15:44 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.  :cheers:

It's a good job you have plenty of cash, as after being on here for a while you will have a huge shopping list to get.  :D

It's already started, I preordered a Skeletool CX.

Welcome to the forums Rich. Here's a link to the thread where we first started talking about the saw blades: Charge Saws

Unfortunately I just mailed out my last two saws to a couple members last month. You can make your own if you've got a Dremel tool and a steady hand, otherwise I'll probably be cranking out another batch after awhile.

Bob

Thanks for the quick response. I would definitely appreciate it if you let me know when you make some more.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 02:24:21 AM
Will do! :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%