Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKaholics anonymous thread.

PTRSAK · 40 · 4125

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Re: SAKaholics anonymous thread.
Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 03:18:07 PM
I don't like to be without a SAK on me though - but I don't consider that an addicition - just wisdom  :D

Well said!  :cheers:

es Offline Metaleer

• Up the irons! \m/
Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 06:05:48 PM
Well, alcoholic is the one who drinks more than his doctor. :)
:rofl:
And since I have the less SAKs here you should all have some months in a clinic!

How many do you have? I only have three so far, but soon more will come... the next one will be a Climber, as I've said in another thread, and then I'll look for an Alox model...  :tu:
BTW, I dream of SAKs too.

Perhaps this symptom isn't as unusual as I thought. Cheers, fellow SAK-dreamer.  :cheers:
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
SAKaholics anonymous thread.
Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 06:51:10 PM
OK, you win, I have 5 and I used 7 more  (lost, stolen and given to my wife and kids). But there are people with more than 100.
I collected minerals (and some toy soldiers) and I know what an obsession means.

es Offline Metaleer

• Up the irons! \m/
Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 07:08:39 PM
OK, you win, I have 5 and I used 7 more  (lost, stolen and given to my wife and kids). But there are people with more than 100.
I collected minerals (and some toy soldiers) and I know what an obsession means.

Hm, to have more than a hundred for me would take a while... but, I think I can make it happen! :D

For sure, it eats away at the wallet and stuff, but fortunately, SAKs are easily worth four times less than knives of a much lesser quality.
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Re: SAKaholics anonymous thread.
Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 09:54:17 PM
I must be getting better. I resisted a Wenger Nomad. Last one I saw was almost 6 months ago.

There must be someone out here trying to push me off the wagon. Not a single Nomad in six months and now two in a weak???

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 09:30:21 AM
I'm not addicted or anything but . . .
If I left the house without a SAK I'd be worried that there would be a situation that arose where I would need one of the many useful tools and wouldn't have it available.
Luckily I NEVER leave the house without a SAK!

I've bought a few different SAKs and some are really nice, but every day I keep carrying my 12 year old Cybertool 34, it just does such a good job of handling whatever I need as a computer tech.  I don't think I could stand to be without that great collection of tools.
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

- Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Re: Re: SAKaholics anonymous thread.
Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 07:26:38 AM
I must be getting better. I resisted a Wenger Nomad. Last one I saw was almost 6 months ago.

There must be someone out here trying to push me off the wagon. Not a single Nomad in six months and now two in a weak???

Well, I've done my part in saving you... I bought this one...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140882772405?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 04:20:33 PM

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140882772405?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

For parts or EDC. :D

I watched that one but decided to save my pennies for a knew cell phone. My old one is slowly but surely dying on me. :(

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 05:35:12 PM
I dont think I am a SAKaholic as I dont have that many. LOL

Most of the ones I do have came in this week or last week though.  I have picked up a few silver alox ones like the Solo, Pioneer, Pioneer Rancher, Electrician, Farmer, Classic and just today, I received a couple of the Apprentice's.

Hopefully, I will get me one of the custom sak's with the tools I want and then I will be done, unless they come out with new models. :D

pioneer_apprentice_37.00.jpg
* pioneer_apprentice_37.00.jpg (Filesize: 22.8 KB)

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #39 on: November 17, 2012, 02:49:07 PM

For parts or EDC. :D

I watched that one but decided to save my pennies for a knew cell phone. My old one is slowly but surely dying on me. :(

I have a tradesman as well, so it might be cool to get the pliers from that and the philips/wrench into one SAK.
I could probably pull ANYTHING apart with that tool set.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%