Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Flair

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Leatherman Flair
Reply #60 on: July 27, 2008, 11:10:07 AM
If the fork had been an awl or chisel/scraper and the pate spreader had been a smaller knife blade, saw or file it would have been a very good tool :D
Ponch that their is MT treason talk :P , if it had a awl, chisel,2nd blade & saw or file then it would be like any other MT. As it is the Flair is one crazy little MT , that probably cost one or two people their jobs at LM. It truely is a bonkers unique MT , it is the Mr Bean of MT's useless but so loverable. It is a quest of mine to find a use for each implement on the Flair. Stay posted  :o . I am so glade I snagged a NIB one, I reckon they are going to be tough to snaffle down the track.   

Sorry about the treason :oops: :-X :cry: :D Keep us posted on the tool crusade 4 the Flair though :D

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #61 on: September 21, 2008, 02:05:59 PM
oh,i found one,brand new in package but has a very mean price tag,even as a finnish price with giant taxes added.140 euros.

if some of u wants it,i can help but that price,its just mean.

http://www.h-donline.com/product_info.php?cPath=38&products_id=87

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #62 on: September 21, 2008, 04:30:04 PM
Ouch!
I'd have to want one real bad to pay that much.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: September 21, 2008, 04:36:41 PM
yeah i think you would have somethin wrong in your brain if anyone pays that much for it. :D

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #64 on: September 21, 2008, 10:27:28 PM
I know I wnat one, but would never ever pay that much for one.
S

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: September 21, 2008, 10:31:57 PM
yep,with a monster price tag like that you can get a lot better tool/tools.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #66 on: September 21, 2008, 10:47:22 PM
Crazy price tag that. Thank god for ebay - that's what I say :D

I used to come here a lot.

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #67 on: September 21, 2008, 10:52:03 PM
yeah thank god for ebay indeed,it hepls my life too;)
ebay.jpg
* ebay.jpg (Filesize: 47.63 KB)

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #68 on: September 21, 2008, 10:53:55 PM
Love it :D :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #69 on: September 21, 2008, 11:04:34 PM
Lol.

I guess I've been lucky with ebay. I know I picked up that rusty piece of crap last week, but for the most part I've found some really great deals. Even that rusty PST cleaned up great (it's in that pic I posted on the Entire Collections thread - bet you can't spot it ;) )

I got my Flair for £10 inc postage :D

I used to come here a lot.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #70 on: September 22, 2008, 03:06:30 AM
yeah thank god for ebay indeed,it hepls my life too;)

good 1 Mikko ;) I haven't had that bad of experiences with Ebay myself but I have heard some stories (some of them from here ::) )

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Reply #71 on: September 22, 2008, 06:31:54 AM
09/20/2008

Yesterday a gun dealer I had ordered a LE Glock #19 called to say my Glock had just arrived and I told him I would be over first thing Saturday AM to get it.  Out the door at 0930 and I arrive at the store at 1030 ready to do business. Filled out the ATF form and while the clerk phoned in for the background check I asked if they had taken any multitools in ( the place is also a Pawn Shop ). No was the reply but there are 2 glass cases in the back with knives in them. So I stroll back to take a look and they are loaded with new knives, Cold Steel, Bench Made, Spyderco's, etc and then a box gets my attention. The box is grunge blue and yellow  with "LEATHERMAN" on the end in small yellow letters. I call a clerk over and ask to look at what is  in the box.  Close inspection of  the end shows it's a PST  with leather sheath( looks like mid 1980's version - no US Patent #, only LEATHERMAN TOOL, PORTLAND) . Let me see the other box next to it ( same color ) it's a PST II with nylon sheath. Here is another the clerk says " a FLAIR " with a nylon case. Oh ' There are 2 more  PST's here without any boxes or sheaths - you want them also? Now I'm sweating as they are all priced with tags that have turned yellow with age. Now the owner, who I know, says " He's a cop give him 10% off the prices marked !"  OK thanx, the search revealed no more older Leatherman tools. I may go back in a week to double check the other knives he has in the case for oldies.

On the way home I stop at the Co-Op feed store to get a soda ..... sign reads " 50% OFF all Schrade cutlery "   a close look reveals one lock back LB7 ( Schrade Folding Hunter 5" closed ) with leather sheath, no price shown. Clerk says " give me $10 and we can get that display case out of the way."  Not that great a find, but a nice lockback with brass bolsters.

IMAGE AT:   http://www.gulftel.com/gnoza/images/mts.jpg
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #72 on: September 22, 2008, 10:48:42 AM
Boom Boom and sharps all in one day. What a fantastic way to spend a day!
S

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #73 on: September 22, 2008, 01:03:55 PM
09/20/2008

Yesterday a gun dealer I had ordered a LE Glock #19 called to say my Glock had just arrived and I told him I would be over first thing Saturday AM to get it.  Out the door at 0930 and I arrive at the store at 1030 ready to do business. Filled out the ATF form and while the clerk phoned in for the background check I asked if they had taken any multitools in ( the place is also a Pawn Shop ). No was the reply but there are 2 glass cases in the back with knives in them. So I stroll back to take a look and they are loaded with new knives, Cold Steel, Bench Made, Spyderco's, etc and then a box gets my attention. The box is grunge blue and yellow  with "LEATHERMAN" on the end in small yellow letters. I call a clerk over and ask to look at what is  in the box.  Close inspection of  the end shows it's a PST  with leather sheath( looks like mid 1980's version - no US Patent #, only LEATHERMAN TOOL, PORTLAND) . Let me see the other box next to it ( same color ) it's a PST II with nylon sheath. Here is another the clerk says " a FLAIR " with a nylon case. Oh ' There are 2 more  PST's here without any boxes or sheaths - you want them also? Now I'm sweating as they are all priced with tags that have turned yellow with age. Now the owner, who I know, says " He's a cop give him 10% off the prices marked !"  OK thanx, the search revealed no more older Leatherman tools. I may go back in a week to double check the other knives he has in the case for oldies.

On the way home I stop at the Co-Op feed store to get a soda ..... sign reads " 50% OFF all Schrade cutlery "   a close look reveals one lock back LB7 ( Schrade Folding Hunter 5" closed ) with leather sheath, no price shown. Clerk says " give me $10 and we can get that display case out of the way."  Not that great a find, but a nice lockback with brass bolsters.

IMAGE AT:   http://www.gulftel.com/gnoza/images/mts.jpg
So what did you pay for the Leatherman mate?If you do not mind me asking :)

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #74 on: June 17, 2016, 09:39:39 PM
My dad has a Flair the scissors on it are huge especially compared to my Blast. I believe that our company gave it to him several years ago he's not really used it very much and it is in like new condition and like has been said the fork and spreader on it look useless. Always thought (what were they thinkin with this tool.) But if it is gettin ore collectable I might try and get it from him sometime. :gimme:

Flair go for Mega $$$ on eBay.  :(
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #75 on: June 17, 2016, 11:08:32 PM
My dad has a Flair the scissors on it are huge especially compared to my Blast. I believe that our company gave it to him several years ago he's not really used it very much and it is in like new condition and like has been said the fork and spreader on it look useless. Always thought (what were they thinkin with this tool.) But if it is gettin ore collectable I might try and get it from him sometime. :gimme:

Flair go for Mega $$$ on eBay.  :(

I was lucky my Dad got his from work and gave it to me because it was to wacky :gimme:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%