Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Teenagers.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Re: Teenagers.
Reply #60 on: November 29, 2012, 11:16:15 PM
Sexy and you know it ;)

Dumbass is still in hospital, no results to worry about really so it's mostly about boring him to the point of thinking about what he's done. There will be some head shrinking types around tomorrow so we'll see if he's prepared to talk to them without being an obnoxious little git.

His dad and his partner are also on side and know everything, so now he has 4 adults who will be teaming up to stop this nonsense - he has no idea what's about hit him!

Thanks for all the kind words, and the laughs too :cheers:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #61 on: November 29, 2012, 11:29:56 PM

His dad and his partner are also on side and know everything, so now he has 4 adults who will be teaming up to stop this nonsense - he has no idea what's about hit him!

Oh that takes me back, and not in a pleasant way.  Mom and stepfather, Dad and stepmother, all actually agreeing on something!  :ahhh  Hope everything works out in the end Chrissy!
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #62 on: November 29, 2012, 11:31:14 PM
Good to hear he's not done himself any harm.  Also good to hear he's going to get the unified front from all four adults; no escaping, no spinning stories. :salute:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #63 on: November 29, 2012, 11:47:55 PM
Over the last few years I've been meeting more and more 'adults' all doing the same kinda bullsmurf you've been describing Nuphoria.In almost all of thier cases I wonder if that they had recieved the help that your young man is going to get would have solved the problem for them.

As it is they all seem to have delusions of thier own self importance,either drug or booze issues,and in my humble opinion need to starve for a while after having been given a damn good kicking!

I took a heavy fall from grace in my mid20s,but it gave me a very good reality check!

Your very much in my thoughts,and if all the pray doesnt work out,let me know,and I can sort out a hex :angel:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #64 on: November 30, 2012, 02:45:27 AM
I do not want to be a bummer, but I seem to recall the danger period is up to 72 hours post ingestion for severe liver damage.

I hope he's fine.  That all four parental units are on the same page is awesoome! :tu:

I hope he's alright and gets another go at "Teenage Years" :salute:

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
Teenagers.
Reply #65 on: November 30, 2012, 03:12:52 AM
Please forgive me for this but I wanted to interject some comic relief.

I took the following screenshot yesterday because I thought it was funny the way the posts were laid out.

Transcript:

Random guy 1 "What's on the way?"
Random guy 2 "Teenagers!!!!!!"
Random guy 1 "???????? Oh no!"
Random guy 3 "Get the knives and machetes"

But seriously, I hope all turns out well soon.
:)

us Offline powerring

• In brightest day....
Reply #66 on: November 30, 2012, 03:39:43 AM
I've clipped the sign in your original post for future use.   :salute:

I have three boys.  Fortunately, at 12, 9 and 7, none of mine are anywhere near 6' 2".... yet.  Stay strong.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #67 on: November 30, 2012, 05:08:26 AM
I do not want to be a bummer, but I seem to recall the danger period is up to 72 hours post ingestion for severe liver damage.

Yep, I know that Mr W, but it seems he probably didn't take many anyway and he's been infused for nearly 24hrs with the antidote too. His bloods have been fine and no probs with clotting factors, so I'm 99% sure it was mostly BS. Having some "respite" from him while he's stewing on the ward on doing us all good though!

I shall be baby proofing his room tomorrow ::)

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #68 on: November 30, 2012, 01:16:05 PM
With my daughter, she went through a period where she wanted to slam doors etc.

We sat down and told her that the next time she slammed a door in the house, the door to her room would come off.

It ended immediately.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #69 on: November 30, 2012, 01:34:17 PM
Yeah, we have had the door off conversation - trouble is, when it's a teenage boy who leaves everything in a festering cesspit, no door means half the house stinks! :ahhh

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #70 on: November 30, 2012, 03:58:44 PM
Yikes Nuphy that is quite the poo pie you have been served up  :ahhh :ahhh.

My soon to be 14 year old son is already a couple inches taller than me  :ahhh :D, I am twice his weight though  ::) :D :D.We are really keen on Samo playing cricket & have talked him into playing basket ball for his school next season , he regularly hands me my arse in one on one basketball  :cry: :D :D. He seems to be practising the forgotten art of Surly-wondo , I think he might be a brown belt  :think: :D.Besides the occasional surliness he is respectful & occasionally helpful  ::) :D.According to Sam's hand xrays he is going to be a minimum of 6 foot 2  :o :o  :o, I sure hope he continues to be a good lad , I can handle a little surly  :think: :D & yep his room does have quite the unique bouquet  ??? ??? :D

Nuph I sure hope things change it sounds like they desperately need to.
Hope the change comes soon & quick Nuphy , you are in my thoughts.

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #71 on: November 30, 2012, 04:44:25 PM
Contradicting my own statement that he might need more time with his mom &/or dad, how about finding him a job at the weekend or something part-time? *think* He might start valuing money, home, food, you more when he's away from home for some time and sees things don't come so easily..

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #72 on: November 30, 2012, 05:23:33 PM
He's going to start valuing money more as he won't be getting any more for a while! As for a job, the economy is so rough that jobs which kids (including myself) used to do like saturday shop work or paper rounds have all been taken by adults in need. Certainly would be good though, but he also has to get his head together for the coming exams this year.

We are working out a plan where he gets time with his electronics (laptop, TV, phone etc) in exchange for getting off his arse physically in some constructive way. I'm also thinking we should get him volunteering for something useful too. He needs to understand how damn easy he has it compared a lot of people, and learn the value of helping others. Just mulling it all over at the moment.

He will be spending more time with parents as he's grounded for now too. He have involved his dad who will probably be coming up to visit for a sit down soon. Relations between him and HK and I have been rubbish for years, but that needs to be put aside. Changes are a coming...

They have been at the hospital all day doing the psych thing, so I'm waiting for a report.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #73 on: November 30, 2012, 05:35:45 PM
Great to hear there's a route forward, and lots of opportunities and things to try to make things better for all concerned. I hope (for his sake as much as yours and HK's) that he latches onto something positive and can start to at least practice becoming a responsible adult before it really matters. I'm really happy the outlook is so much better than when this thread began  :cheers: :cheers:

Good on you both Nuph  :drink:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #74 on: November 30, 2012, 05:38:29 PM
Great to hear there's a route forward, and lots of opportunities and things to try to make things better for all concerned. I hope (for his sake as much as yours and HK's) that he latches onto something positive and can start to at least practice becoming a responsible adult before it really matters. I'm really happy the outlook is so much better than when this thread began  :cheers: :cheers:

Good on you both Nuph  :drink:

+1  :tu:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #75 on: November 30, 2012, 06:12:26 PM
I'm also thinking we should get him volunteering for something useful too. H

That sounds like a good idea, soup kitchen, meals on wheels, search& rescue and stuff, though the latter probably isn't needed in inland UK?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #76 on: November 30, 2012, 06:30:06 PM
Goodness, he's been lost for a fortnight in the pantry!   :ahhh

Seriously, if volunteering is in the cards, perhaps the local animal shelter might be a good place.  It's very hard not to spend time in a shelter without getting very involved.  A soup kitchen is something you put up with, but puppies, kittens and lonely animals affect everyone on a deeply personal level.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #77 on: November 30, 2012, 06:32:58 PM
The ones around here work more like a commercial entity pretending to be charity than anything, but if you have some real ones in UK, it would be a great choice.

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #78 on: November 30, 2012, 06:36:34 PM
I'm liking the sound of this volunteer work  :tu:  This is really starting to sound like things are shaping up, though, I know there is still much work to do  ;)
SAW

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #79 on: November 30, 2012, 06:39:17 PM
You can lure him into it by telling him it's a great way to meet women too....   :whistle:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Teenagers.
Reply #80 on: November 30, 2012, 07:24:19 PM
Woman do love men with dogs. ;) I read that on the internet. :rofl: Maybe it because most men are like dogs. :think: Well I added a little poo at Def so I'm done here for now. :shrug: :D

The Ash Mobile Voom Voom

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #81 on: November 30, 2012, 07:39:46 PM
Be honest now,  women only put up with men so they can spend time with our adorable dogs....

Which is, of course, totally OK with us men!

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #82 on: December 06, 2012, 04:18:18 PM
I would prefer another dog to as kid any day!

So, an update after a few days... (and thanks for checking in via PM too guys) :)

After a week wasting a bed for an actual sick child, they sent him home. At worst they say he has moderate depression - hardly unusual for a 15yr old boy with no social skills and a serious attitude problem.
No treatable medical or psychiatric issues according to them, but they told us to supervise him 24hrs a day and not let him go to school. How's that going to work then?! Not well in my opinion.

He's having an appointment with psychology types today, and hopefully a plan of some therapy put in place too. He needs to go back to school, get normalised and learn to take responsibility for his actions. Right now we're having to tread carefully in case he hurts himself again or something stupid - this means he's moping around being rude and getting away with it and my limits are really being pushed. He still hasn't acknowledged his violent and abusive behaviour in any way, or apologised for it. This just isn't going to fly for me.

I got tattooed again yesterday which is the best therapy for me I know! Sadly I'm kinda stuck here instead of leaving town for my teacher training weekend (which is expensive and missing it is going to piss me off a lot), but he can't be left alone with his mum while his behaviour is still erratic. He has hugely inconvenienced 4 concerned adults for over a week and also cost them a lot of money in travel etc, so I doubt very much Santa will be visiting him this year... the knock on effects for all of us are a joke, and he seems to be oblivious to most of it.

I'm back to being mostly pissed off in case you hadn't noticed ::)

Anyway, everyone is still alive here, just!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #83 on: December 06, 2012, 04:29:02 PM
sorry too hear no improvements chrissy, ive been through the whole teenage thing with my ex wife as she had 2 children before we got married,the girl was great and we got on like a house on fire but her son  :ahhh   :ahhh im surprised i never pinned him against a wall and so was my step brother as he knows what my temper is like  >:D but i basicaly ignored him as he was a tosser  :-\ too this day i talk to shelly as she is 26 now and has a 2 year old boy and she is great but i dont talk to the boy, i know its hard but i wonder if you going on your trip might help everyone out in one go, i went off for a weeks work and the boy spent time with his mum and i got my head back together, just a thought but im not there so i cant say if the situation is the same as i went through ,but my ex's son went through the whole  typical teen i know everything and can take on the world stage, they soon get knocked down a few pegs when reality hits  ;)   :salute:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 04:47:31 PM by Zed »

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #84 on: December 06, 2012, 04:43:39 PM
Well it seems that if him acting out was a plea for attention, he's certainly getting it, and time off school too! Looks like Santa's already come for him.

Sorry to say this but this is far too much coddling and in my completely amateur opinion, will only encourage him to behave like a misanthrope.

I say everyone tallies up how much this mess has cost and this summer he has to get a job to pay everyone back.

Def

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #85 on: December 06, 2012, 04:49:28 PM
Well it seems that if him acting out was a plea for attention, he's certainly getting it, and time off school too! Looks like Santa's already come for him.

Sorry to say this but this is far too much coddling and in my completely amateur opinion, will only encourage him to behave like a misanthrope.

I say everyone tallies up how much this mess has cost and this summer he has to get a job to pay everyone back.

Def

Like.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #86 on: December 06, 2012, 04:54:10 PM
So he'll eventually get out like a winner from all that ?!

I hope I get no kids soon....

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #87 on: December 06, 2012, 05:00:11 PM
So he'll eventually get out like a winner from all that ?!

I hope I get no kids soon....

Ive got 3 and kids are great but teenagers  :ahhh although my 13 year old is actually better now than she was at 10  :think: my ex's kids was a nightmare as i think once i was on the seen her son didnt like me being there so played up  :-\ my wife now went through it with coral my 13 year old who was from my ex  :think:  complicated isnt it  :rofl: she use to play her up something cronic and she was 3 when we got together, now they are like best friends and she has called her mum since she was 5, but i know how hard it is with other folks children  :-\

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #88 on: December 06, 2012, 06:54:20 PM
I'm hoping they offer some kind of counselling and that it does some good. :-\
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #89 on: December 06, 2012, 07:22:42 PM

Def

Like.

Agree he's getting his way and I was down this road but will never talk to much about it but its time he gets punished for this not let off the hook cuz he could do it again.

The Ash Mobile Voom Voom

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD