Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Teenagers.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Re: Teenagers.
Reply #90 on: December 06, 2012, 09:23:00 PM
It sounds like the kid needs a good ass-whoopin...
SAW

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #91 on: December 06, 2012, 09:48:19 PM
It sounds like the kid needs a good ass-whoopin...

Major +1
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #92 on: December 06, 2012, 10:12:56 PM
I agree my friends, I agree. I'm way past giving a crap about his poor delicate little feelings... he's mostly just an attention seeking little git who is happily playing everybody.

I am going to go away this weekend now as it has been deemed he is no great danger to anyone - that was my main concern, not what stupid things he does to himself for attention.

I'm writing off his birthday and xmas this year - I'm not in the habit of rewarding this kind of behaviour in any circumstances. His dad and partner are out of pocket about £500 ($800) dollars for a week of travel and hotels etc. He's on disability and they have a one year old baby, so I doubt they will be spending much either now after having to waste all that.

Some lessons are just going to be learnt the hard way - his choice, not mine.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #93 on: December 06, 2012, 10:35:09 PM
I agree my friends, I agree. I'm way past giving a crap about his poor delicate little feelings... he's mostly just an attention seeking little git who is happily playing everybody.

I am going to go away this weekend now as it has been deemed he is no great danger to anyone - that was my main concern, not what stupid things he does to himself for attention.

I'm writing off his birthday and xmas this year - I'm not in the habit of rewarding this kind of behaviour in any circumstances. His dad and partner are out of pocket about £500 ($800) dollars for a week of travel and hotels etc. He's on disability and they have a one year old baby, so I doubt they will be spending much either now after having to waste all that.

Some lessons are just going to be learnt the hard way - his choice, not mine.

I would make this completely clear to him in calm objective terms.  If (when) he reacts, I would disengage, stating that dramatics and outbursts really carry no weight in this matter.  It's already been decided.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #94 on: December 06, 2012, 11:22:10 PM
Yep, it is getting broken down in to simple terms.

Glad I'm getting out of here for a couple of days... need an air change.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #95 on: December 07, 2012, 02:04:42 AM
Home from school and he gets a watcher- uhm, what? I'm with Grant. If I'd acted like this, I'd have been rented as slave labor to a couple of farms close enough to walk to and when not in school I'd have be worked from sun up to sun down. And not seen a cent of it- it would have been paid to my folks.

My think is that the day he can legally considered an adult, he and his BS should be on the first bus out of town and he gets to take that which he has paid for, and if that doesn't include clothes then the clothes on his back, a toothbrush, and a change of underwear. Everything else will be sold, and the locks changed. Or he can get his head on straight and kiss everyone's backsides a lot until you have all died of old age. And he needs to decide now.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #96 on: December 07, 2012, 08:56:58 AM
Glad your getting away chrissy  :tu: it will do you good,my friend at work is going through this with her 15 year old boy,he got in her face a month back and too be honest he is a spoilt smurf ,she asked me what i would of done and i said simple i would of got him on the deck ,the sad thing is is she is scared of him ,the buy him too much and he even sells stuff like his BlackBerry phone,I've given up with advice with her though as already she has got him a new i phone for xmas and £300 worth of cloths as he only will wear top brands she just doesn't get it ,he is a spoilt boy.sorry little rant lol

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #97 on: December 07, 2012, 11:56:20 AM
Sounds like they made that rod for their own back Paul... spoiling kids has never been on the agenda here, and he has had to save for things he wants as a rule. This isn't about stuff, it's about wanting to be the big man when he's seriously ill equipped to do so. The art of manipulation seems to have come very easily to him, but no-one is being fooled any more. Next time he breaks something having a tantrum here I'm going to start selling his things to pay for it.

He went to school today, so things are actually reaching some sort of normality but I made it very clear to his mum that without a big turn around and a sincere apology for the crap he pulled, punishment is on hold. He's had all his privileges removed but I mean after he apologises, the real deal starts, how ever long that might be.

There's going to be some family counselling it seems, which I'm not entirely against, but if he thinks it's an arena to throw crap at us and not get a heavy shovel load in return, he's has a big shock coming!
I'm out of here in a couple of hours.... thank Christ! :ahhh

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #98 on: December 07, 2012, 12:04:06 PM
Sounds like they made that rod for their own back Paul... spoiling kids has never been on the agenda here, and he has had to save for things he wants as a rule. This isn't about stuff, it's about wanting to be the big man when he's seriously ill equipped to do so. The art of manipulation seems to have come very easily to him, but no-one is being fooled any more. Next time he breaks something having a tantrum here I'm going to start selling his things to pay for it.

He went to school today, so things are actually reaching some sort of normality but I made it very clear to his mum that without a big turn around and a sincere apology for the crap he pulled, punishment is on hold. He's had all his privileges removed but I mean after he apologises, the real deal starts, how ever long that might be.

There's going to be some family counselling it seems, which I'm not entirely against, but if he thinks it's an arena to throw crap at us and not get a heavy shovel load in return, he's has a big shock coming!
I'm out of here in a couple of hours.... thank Christ! :ahhh

run chrissy run  :D jocking aside i hope you sort this out chrissy as ive been there and although it didnt end my last marriage it didnt help as all we argued about was her son  :rant: it got me very low in the ned and grumpy so probably too a point caused us to split (that and her having a fling lol) so stay strong and stand up too the twonk as he thinks he's a big man but he is just a little BOY  ;)   :salute: have a good break my good lady  :tu:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #99 on: December 07, 2012, 12:06:24 PM
If I'd acted like this, I'd have been rented as slave labor to a couple of farms close enough to walk to and when not in school I'd have be worked from sun up to sun down.
That's about 15minutes around 6am this time of year in the UK isn't it?  :pok:  :D
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #100 on: December 07, 2012, 12:14:02 PM
If I'd acted like this, I'd have been rented as slave labor to a couple of farms close enough to walk to and when not in school I'd have be worked from sun up to sun down.
That's about 15minutes around 6am this time of year in the UK isn't it?  :pok:  :D
that's not funny cos it's so true :(

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #101 on: December 07, 2012, 12:35:37 PM
Yeah, if we got any more light they would tax us for it!

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #102 on: December 07, 2012, 12:39:22 PM
don't even joke about that !

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #103 on: December 07, 2012, 01:21:21 PM

:rofl:  im going to get taxed alot today down sunny dorset way  :-\   :D

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #104 on: December 07, 2012, 02:32:17 PM

:rofl:  im going to get taxed alot today down sunny dorset way  :-\   :D

You go girl! :D

I'm off to Bristol which is usually a little sunnier than Birmingham... oh yeah 8)

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #105 on: December 09, 2012, 07:28:28 PM
You seem to know the truth of things about this kid, but does his mother also realize it? For real change to happen, she has to be the one leading the charge. Otherwise the kid will just make you the target of his ire.

and next time he lays a hand on you, call the police and have him removed from the home. It's time for adult consequences.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:30:59 PM by shamus »

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #106 on: December 09, 2012, 07:52:50 PM
You seem to know the truth of things about this kid, but does his mother also realize it? For real change to happen, she has to be the one leading the charge. Otherwise the kid will just make you the target of his ire.

and next time he lays a hand on you, call the police and have him removed from the home. It's time for adult consequences.
+1
SAW

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69