Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

titanium ring

us Offline GMArthur

titanium ring
on: March 11, 2008, 05:59:27 PM
Just got a polished titanium ring , size 9, width is 6mm. A bit too small for me so I'm seeing if anybody here wants it before I throw it on eBay.
$10.00 shipped in CONUS - if you want overseas shipping then add whatever it costs for me to ship.

Here is a couple quick pics. Ring was tried on but never worn so it is still NIB and has a very nice polish on it.

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Re: titanium ring
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 04:40:41 PM
They really are fantastic rings, mine's size 12, really should have gotten an 11 cause mine is really loose somedays. The titanium, unlike you would think scratches easy, something I did not want. They tell me it can be buffed out like it's nothing. I like it better than gold and gives you that silver look with lighter weight and robustness. If this fits anyone's ring size I suggest you pick it up, I have been on a titanium kick and can't get enough of the stuff, it's really neat. Just putting in my .02

David

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:46:47 PM
My wedding ring is titanium and white gold, and I wouldn't have anything else.  Yes, it does scratch much easier than tungsten, but the weight and feel of a titanium ring can't be beat, and they can be polished easily.

This is a great deal--if I didn't already have one I would definitely buy this!
- Terry

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:43:47 PM
I didn't know that titanium are also made into jewelries. To my knowledge it is only silver, gold or platinum that are made into jewelries.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 01:31:11 AM
Necro.  Picked up a Titanium and Sterling Silver ring.  Very light and very comfortable.  I also picked up a Titanium bracelet.  Not really a jewelry wearer but these were being sold very cheap and they are TITANIUM.  Pretty amazing how wearing them I barely feel the weight.  Pretty neat material. 

IMG_1863.jpg
* IMG_1863.jpg (Filesize: 188.19 KB)
IMG_1852.jpg
* IMG_1852.jpg (Filesize: 171.18 KB)
IMG_1853.jpg
* IMG_1853.jpg (Filesize: 205.71 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 08:58:00 AM
getting engaged?  :)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 02:42:40 PM
Maybe again some day.  For now my partner and I will do what Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn have been successful at  ;).

The seller thought Titanium jewelry wasn't worth much so I got them both for $5. 

Esse Quam Videri

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 05:32:41 PM
... I will do what Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn have been successful at  ;).

Make lots of money?  :)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 06:26:19 PM
Lol, good one dks!

We started with very simple gold rings but then she got tired of the engagement ring because of the diamond sticking up, so I came up with an idea of just a regular ring but have our birthstones put in, she liked the idea but I wanted titanium so we found a place who was all the way down in Australia, very nice rings, very light weight, but then she kept losing weight and her ring was getting very wiggly, and she didn’t like those little spacers, so I came up with an even lighter weight ring, includes our birthstone colors, and she wouldn’t have to worry about losing weight or it, so we got matching ones, the others birth color is toward the inside,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 07:32:12 PM
 :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 07:32:31 PM
Make lots of money?  :)

YES!!!!!   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 03:27:07 PM
I like the tattoo ring idea. I've transitioned over to wearing a rubber workout ring due to my work environment and also if I lose it, it's a few bucks and I have spares.  :D
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 03:49:53 PM
Those rubber rings are great.  I've seen more and more these days.  They make a lot of sense for certain work environments. 

Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD