Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Three Layer Thursday!

twiliter · 2186 · 76313

us Offline AzteCypher

Re: Three Layer Thursday!
Reply #2160 on: March 22, 2024, 03:42:15 AM
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2161 on: March 22, 2024, 02:04:53 PM
Some nice ones, fellas. 
 :like:

us Offline Jeffjeeptj

Reply #2162 on: March 28, 2024, 05:58:32 PM
Here is my posting for today’s three layer.  I found this one on the bay in excellent condition.  Scales, Blades and tools are all in excellent condition.  It came with plus scales and all associated plus stuff.  There was no box and no lint anywhere.  Trying to keep it in nice condition.

IMG_3526.jpg
* IMG_3526.jpg (Filesize: 406.26 KB)
Most coincidences are carefully planned.

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2163 on: March 28, 2024, 07:43:08 PM
Nice clean Camper, maybe?  Looks like it has all the extras.  I like it.  If Dana is watching this, she probably likes it too.  Best wishes.  G
 :cheers:

us Offline Jeffjeeptj

Reply #2164 on: March 28, 2024, 08:07:00 PM
Spot on, Gary.  Camper it is.
Most coincidences are carefully planned.

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2165 on: April 04, 2024, 02:22:00 PM
   I got the Dana Delaney ads on MTo again yesterday.  I hadn't seen her in a couple of days and I think I missed her.  Today it was an ad for comfortable walking shoes.  Dana probably slept late.  In the interest of making a clean breast of it, I also got a Demi Moore thing yesterday.  I didn't pay any attention to it.  Didn't want to appear unfaithful. 
    Oh the knife.  It's a Climber.  Nice and smooth and fitted oh so well.  Looks nice in photos too.  Like Dana.  Best wishes.  G
 :D

PXL_20240404_120745443.jpg
* PXL_20240404_120745443.jpg (Filesize: 141.5 KB)

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #2166 on: April 04, 2024, 04:15:52 PM
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #2167 on: April 04, 2024, 04:34:04 PM
I'm seeing adverts to sell our house.  We like our house.  We don't want to sell our house....

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2168 on: April 04, 2024, 05:02:20 PM
   I bet Dana lives in California.  Maybe Dana and I could drop by to see FolderBeholder.  Have some tea. 
    That's a nice old square driver Climber.  I say if you and the wife are happy with your house then don't even think about selling.  Best wishes.  G
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 05:10:59 PM by IMR4198 »

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #2169 on: April 05, 2024, 06:25:23 AM
I'm a sucker for those square phillips.  :D

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #2170 on: April 12, 2024, 03:30:19 AM

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2171 on: April 20, 2024, 12:49:38 AM
Yes, it's a day late.  I just didn't get around to doing it on time.  Scout's honor.  Best wishes.  G
 :salute:
PXL_20240419_223708212.jpg
* PXL_20240419_223708212.jpg (Filesize: 137.84 KB)

us Offline UscgSal

• JOIN Knife Rights!
Reply #2172 on: April 21, 2024, 12:58:08 AM
It does have a great saw G.  :salute:
It's me, back with new phone after retiring.
Was Tony Sal. Ts-cg@Hotmail but locked

Now Salimbenetony@Gmail

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2173 on: April 25, 2024, 01:17:28 PM
    A cold outside Three Layer Thursday here.  Cold considering I have already been mowing for a couple of weeks anyway.  Three layer knife for today.  Easy to tell what it is.  I tried to get three deer to stand in front of the camera, but they don't take instructions very well.  The state put up a deer crossing sign at the old barn just across the road from me.  Do the deer follow the sign and cross there?  No.  They just go anywhere they please.  Best wishes.  G
 :D

camper.jpg
* camper.jpg (Filesize: 107.3 KB)

Screenshot (107).jpg
* Screenshot (107).jpg (Filesize: 117.11 KB)

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #2174 on: April 25, 2024, 07:42:54 PM
Here's my trusty Climber I carried between about 2014-2018 (I think). The climber probably, pound for pound, has the best selection of tools on a SAK in my opinion. The only issue I ever had with it was that the position of the keyring makes getting the hook out a bit of a pain. And hilariously, I think this is the only three-layer SAK I own!

* Climber 00.jpg (Filesize: 121.75 KB)

* Climber 01.jpg (Filesize: 110.14 KB)

* Climber 02.jpg (Filesize: 117.43 KB)

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2175 on: April 25, 2024, 08:21:31 PM
    That one is a real looker, Mr. T.  Only thing good about where Victorinox put the hook is the fact that I never use it.  It would be nice if they put the nail file surface on it.  Then it would be some use. 
    One Climber should be enough, I think.  I only have one also.  Nice photos.  When are you going to pick out a nice photo for your avatar?  Then your friends can recognize your posts on sight.  Best wishes.  G

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #2176 on: April 25, 2024, 09:05:20 PM
    That one is a real looker, Mr. T.  Only thing good about where Victorinox put the hook is the fact that I never use it.  It would be nice if they put the nail file surface on it.  Then it would be some use. 
    One Climber should be enough, I think.  I only have one also.  Nice photos.  When are you going to pick out a nice photo for your avatar?  Then your friends can recognize your posts on sight.  Best wishes.  G

Hey IMR, I actually use the hook from time to time for odd jobs (mainly carrying and poking things). Or in the case of the Huntsman (and Winter Magic Climber) lite to hang it so the light functions as more of a lamp. I would love to have a profile picture but I can't figure out how to do it! I couldn't quite figure out how to put my location and stuff in my profile either; is there like a tutorial or something somewhere?

Never mind, I figured it out.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 09:11:34 PM by Tuisto »

ca Offline Canuckdad

Reply #2177 on: April 25, 2024, 10:06:14 PM
on the go, with STAYGLOW

* stayglow 1.jpg (Filesize: 15.73 KB)
Carry a Victorinox SAK folks,  because you dont know what life is about to throw at you.

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #2178 on: April 25, 2024, 11:45:04 PM
Picked out some "different" three layer candidates.

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2179 on: Today at 12:00:39 AM
   I used to have an old Diamond Edge.  Must have traded it off.  I think Tuisto made a nice choice for the updates to his niche.  Don't you? 
   I must admit that I secretly breathed a sigh of relief when I heard the Swiza folks wouldn't ship you a knife.  Now your children can eat for the next couple of weeks.  Scout around a little and see if you can find something in the 15-20 buck range.  It will satisfy the needy feeling just as well.  Best wishes.  G

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #2180 on: Today at 01:19:21 AM
My wife agrees with you Gary.   :rofl:

Her words, "It looks nice but, don't you have work to do?"

:rofl:

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #2181 on: Today at 02:20:20 AM
   I used to have an old Diamond Edge.  Must have traded it off.  I think Tuisto made a nice choice for the updates to his niche.  Don't you? 
   I must admit that I secretly breathed a sigh of relief when I heard the Swiza folks wouldn't ship you a knife.  Now your children can eat for the next couple of weeks.  Scout around a little and see if you can find something in the 15-20 buck range.  It will satisfy the needy feeling just as well.  Best wishes.  G

Hey IMR, I appreciate the shout-out but to be frank (unless it's some kind of code that I'm just not familiar with yet), I don't quite understand what you mean by updates to the niche :D Shoot, I forgot to ask, AzteCypher, what's that crazy little Wenger in your photo??
« Last Edit: Today at 02:31:34 AM by Tuisto »

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2182 on: Today at 03:07:15 AM
   I didn't mean anything more than the new photo for your avatar and the flag.  Makes it easier to identify one of your posts at a glance.  No code words that I am aware of on the site.  If there were any, I probably wouldn't know what they were.  I have to look up something almost every day here. 
    One of these days, you might like to try a challenge, or see if you can get a merit badge or two.  When you find time, see if you can read the part about how to apply for a merit badge.  Click on your name and you will get a drop down menu.  Select available awards and look over some of the requirements.  Not required by any means.  I called it a game we play one time.  Game might not be the right word, but it can be fun.  Best wishes. G
 :tu:

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #2183 on: Today at 03:31:17 AM
   I didn't mean anything more than the new photo for your avatar and the flag.  Makes it easier to identify one of your posts at a glance.  No code words that I am aware of on the site.  If there were any, I probably wouldn't know what they were.  I have to look up something almost every day here. 
    One of these days, you might like to try a challenge, or see if you can get a merit badge or two.  When you find time, see if you can read the part about how to apply for a merit badge.  Click on your name and you will get a drop down menu.  Select available awards and look over some of the requirements.  Not required by any means.  I called it a game we play one time.  Game might not be the right word, but it can be fun.  Best wishes. G
 :tu:

Ah, very cool! I will try one of those challenges for sure in that case. The only SAK I carry every single day without fail is my Swiss Champ. I carried my 90s black one until about two weeks ago when I got the Warthog version from DLT which I now carry daily on the Victorinox belt hanger. Do you know if there's a challenge for the Swiss Champ?

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2184 on: Today at 03:43:02 AM
   There are several challenges coming up and several on-going.  The idea is to carry something that takes you out of your comfort zone.  Like carrying a Classic for a month and nothing else.  I just finished a 108mm challenge.  Now that really wasn't a challenge for me, since I have carried one every day for ages.  It was still fun. 
    There are lots of badges that you can earn without posting for a month straight.  Something like the flashlight badge only requires one post.  Start a thread and write a little about your everyday carry flashlight.  Plus a picture.  Read about how to request a badge and when you make your request leave a link to your thread.  Eventually you will be awarded a badge or not if you didn't fulfill the requirements. 
     There isn't a challenge for your SwissChamp coming up.  If you have Leatherman or Gerber multis, there are some of those.  Read some of the threads others have made requesting a badge of some sort or another.  If you find time, read the posts for the Sportsman challenge that will finish up in a few days.  See how a 30 day challenge is done.  Fun to read anyway.  Best wishes.  G
 :think:

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #2185 on: Today at 06:42:48 AM
AzteCypher, what's that crazy little Wenger in your photo??

That's a Wenger Pocket Tool Chest.  It's a relative of the Victorinox Minichamp.  It's 65mm vs Victorinox's 58mm.  It's a pretty capable tool for it's size.

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69