Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Sak on today?

colt 1911 · 10807 · 577238

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Re: What did you use your Sak on today?
Reply #180 on: February 10, 2013, 08:10:22 AM
Used the bottle opener on my Explorer to pop open a Sam Adams :cheers:

Wrong thread :think:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:  I don't think it qualified for the thread you are probably referencing as I only had a couple.  Sam Adams is the type of beer I like to just take my time and enjoy the flavor :cheers: :tu:

I could go for a nice cold oil can (or two) of Foster's right about now.  :drool:

I haven't had Foster's in ages.  Those are some big cans o' beer :cheers:
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #181 on: February 10, 2013, 08:05:36 PM
Used the pen on my Compact to cross items off the list while grocery shopping earlier. :tu:
K-Tibbs

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #182 on: February 10, 2013, 09:25:46 PM
Yesterday, I used my Super Tinker to open up a package that should up containing my new Juice C2 in red! :D

us Offline NAB

• Swiss Army Hedge Knight
Reply #183 on: February 10, 2013, 10:47:15 PM
Used the large blade on my electrician to scrape and cut away some spray foam insulation. FYI never mix untrained family members and home repair. Lesson learned.
Sent from Galactica (BS-75)

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #184 on: February 11, 2013, 01:51:58 AM
My wife used the scissors on the Compact, and I used the scissors on the Explorer to cut tags, plastic ties and tape from various baby clothing and items she received today at her baby shower.  I love the Vic scissors.
K-Tibbs

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #185 on: February 11, 2013, 03:51:56 AM
  Used the package hook to pull a single cord through two lanyard knots. Might have to do it again, as found some orange cord at Home Depot for a few dollars. Of course the knife was used to cut the cord lengths. And my Zippo for melting the ends.  :D

Am sure AHB showed you his Zippo too.

Leatherman Pin-Up Girl Zippo 2.jpg
* Leatherman Pin-Up Girl Zippo 2.jpg (Filesize: 75.99 KB)
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

Reply #186 on: February 11, 2013, 09:45:37 PM
  Finding the corkscrew to help adjust and tighten that lanyard knot. Slip in under a segment, rotate it a turn, then pull. Works great!    :D

Spartan was used on a simple friendship lanyard.
¬ Outback in Idaho

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #187 on: March 06, 2013, 11:55:43 PM
Used the blade to cut many pieces of duct tape to do a temporary waterproofing repair on the door of my better half's car where someone ran into her on a round-a-bout.

Reply #188 on: March 07, 2013, 12:38:13 AM
Used the blade to cut many pieces of duct tape to do a temporary waterproofing repair on the door of my better half's car where someone ran into her on a round-a-bout.

Ouch, hope she's okay.
¬ Outback in Idaho

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #189 on: March 07, 2013, 01:51:17 AM
she's fine.  we drive on the other side of the road here (left) so this is the passenger side.

Reply #190 on: March 07, 2013, 02:39:22 AM
  Yikes! Is the passenger okay then? Sorry... forgot y'all drive like my aunt does over here.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Reply #191 on: March 15, 2013, 04:41:03 AM
  Mouse wheel was misbehaving. Took it apart, and just realizing when typing this out that had forgotten having a Phillips driver on the S557. Anyhow some hair & dust somehow got inside over the past 5+ years.
  Cleaned that mess out and adjusted the wire clip the mouse nubs roll over on. So used the pliers for something real finally. Wished the pliers met with more precision, as the heel-end of the plier jaws make contact first. Could not use the pliers for pulling the hairy rat's nest out.

Did use the awl to poke another hole in my belt. Took a lot of pressure and ended up breaking the leather on the other side. So used the Climber to clean the hole up, much better. Not sure what the purpose of a dull square nail does for an awl ... so took the Spyderco TASM out and used the square grooves to sharpen the four corner edges. Should work a lot better now.
¬ Outback in Idaho

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #192 on: March 15, 2013, 05:08:21 AM
Used the Pioneer's knife to cut a couple threads off my daughter's coat.  The one thing I feel that's really missing from my Pioneer (and Alox models in general) is scissors.  However, I'm finding that a knife blade does a lot of what I actually use SAK scissors for.  The only thing I could see needing scissors for is cutting paper, and I will have my new Micra to handle that task (once it arrives).  I have found the scissors to be one of the tools I use the most, but I really wonder just how much I need them, or if a knife blade is really all I need. 
K-Tibbs

Offline hiljentaa

Reply #193 on: March 15, 2013, 03:48:26 PM
Tried out the 84mm combo tool on can opener duties whilst making chili yesterday. Opened seven cans pretty darn easily - was quite surprised!

I like the combo tool much better than the dual openers. Saves a layer, and works better than the dedicated bottle opener for beer opening (it's primary usage for me  :D ). Only thing I miss is the phillips-ability of the can opener.

Kind of thinking about getting a Lumberjack. Are the 84mm saws useful at all, or too short to be of real use?

Used the Pioneer's knife to cut a couple threads off my daughter's coat.  The one thing I feel that's really missing from my Pioneer (and Alox models in general) is scissors.  However, I'm finding that a knife blade does a lot of what I actually use SAK scissors for.  The only thing I could see needing scissors for is cutting paper, and I will have my new Micra to handle that task (once it arrives).  I have found the scissors to be one of the tools I use the most, but I really wonder just how much I need them, or if a knife blade is really all I need.

I haven't been carrying a SAK with scissors or my Micra at all in the past few weeks.

I have to say, I don't really miss them at all. A properly sharpened blade does almost everything that scissors do.

no Offline JRB65

• Dutchman by birth, living in Norway by choice...
Reply #194 on: March 15, 2013, 11:23:46 PM
Used the blade on the Cadet to open the box of our new airgun (BSA Meteor, meant for plinking in the backyard) :)

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #195 on: March 16, 2013, 12:43:12 AM
Used the blade on the Cadet to open the box of our new airgun (BSA Meteor, meant for plinking in the backyard) :)

Cool!

177 or 22?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

de Offline crackout

Reply #196 on: March 16, 2013, 12:52:21 AM
Tightened the screw in the breaking cue with my Voyageur while playing pool today. :D
Say my name.

no Offline JRB65

• Dutchman by birth, living in Norway by choice...
Reply #197 on: March 16, 2013, 09:59:24 AM

Cool!

177 or 22?

Off topic: it doesn't rip water filled beercans apart like the Weihrauch HW77 did (often regretted selling that one), but that's actually quite OK in the area we live in now... Less disturbing for the neighbours ;)

us Offline dbeeks1

Reply #198 on: March 16, 2013, 05:38:53 PM
Just used the pliers and flat screwdriver/bottle opener on my Vic CT34 to straighten the electrical contact pins on the power brush for the vacuum cleaner.  My wife must have twisted the extension tube when removing/unplugging it from the power brush.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:22:16 PM by dbeeks1 »

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #199 on: March 16, 2013, 09:08:46 PM
Use my Super Tinker to put the license plate on my Jeep today! :D

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #200 on: March 17, 2013, 12:26:01 AM
Used the in-line fine point phillips on my Work Champ to replace batteries in one of my daughters toys.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #201 on: March 17, 2013, 06:08:45 AM
Used the scissors on my Fisherman to cut fishing line all day. Also used the Saw on my Harvester to cut a branch off a downed tree into a Fishing Pole Holder and used the main blade to whittle the tip down so I could stab it into the ground.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

Reply #202 on: May 16, 2013, 04:58:21 AM
  Lubricating the Rockhopper & chain, flipped it over and decided the brake levers engaged at an uncomfortable grip. So back the tension knob out got a nice grip on both, then notice the right level was a bit loose.
  Sure enough! Good thing I found this when I did, the nut was holding on by a few threads. Pulled out the Wenger S557 and the universal wrench was just big enough for that nut. Tightened the allan bolt in with the S557 holding the nut.

Oh, if you are wondering how I take self shots, use a 10 second timer on my Sony Cyber-Shot along with a Gorillapod. That tripod is probably used as much as any of my multitools.
DSC03057.JPG
* DSC03057.JPG (Filesize: 190.71 KB)
DSC03058.JPG
* DSC03058.JPG (Filesize: 210.87 KB)
¬ Outback in Idaho

Reply #203 on: May 24, 2013, 05:53:22 AM
  Took my bicycle in to Eastern Oregon Cycles to get the new curved handlebars installed. Joe seen some minor maintenance fixes and took care of them, and loaned me a Bontrager Gel+ saddle to try out. Not overly fond of borrowing things from other people, but $200 for a Brooks is out of my affordability.

Got home, swapped saddles, adjusted my levers & shifters. As I was tightening other bolts just happened to notice the saddle spring was loose. I do not really think it is a spring, but more of a bushing. So was sliding my tri-allan up the bushing hole and wasn't getting any bites. Looked up the hole with the Third Eye mirror, Phillips driver!
  Whipped out my Leatherman Charge TTi phillips driver and for some reason it was not connecting inside. Not sure what the deal was, so pulled out the S557's phillips and it slid right on in. Was short enough to work around the luggage rack, and it had good bite. Nice square shape helped me tighten them phillps down - no more loose saddle.

The S557 does come in handy at times. Do wished the universal wrench opened at 3/8" though, instead of 5/16". Second time I had used the S557 phillips driver in the last couple of days.
¬ Outback in Idaho

gb Offline Ross

Reply #204 on: May 24, 2013, 05:41:00 PM
so it technically was not me but without me and my Swiss Champ the day could have been longer.

Went to mothercare to buy my little girl her new biggie - they sales guy went to fill out the warranty info (yeah I know fill it in with pen in 2013 haha) and turns out not one of the 4 sales guys had a pen!

Enter the me and Swiss Champ pen - another crises over! :)

Offline Theron

Reply #205 on: May 24, 2013, 05:52:33 PM
Fixed an emergency light with my Spirit at work and opened a bottle of wine with the CS at home.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #206 on: May 24, 2013, 06:24:05 PM
I used the small blade on my Explorer to open several large, well-sealed envelopes here at work.  Got a bunch of adhesive junk on the blade too, but I got it clean :)
K-Tibbs

ca Offline Jothra

• No Life Club
  • Queen's Venturer
Reply #207 on: May 24, 2013, 08:06:34 PM
I used the scissors on my Evo s18 to re-dress my nose. Long story, but not a very exciting one.

gr Offline Aleister

Reply #208 on: May 24, 2013, 10:30:34 PM
Today, my beater Explorer helped me to
- Check if a 18650 battery's cover was scratched deep enough to reveal the strip going to the protection PCB (magnifying glass)
- Change batteries to a DX faux light (extra corkscrew tiny screwdriver, tweezers)
- Cut tape (knife)
- Cut a sticking out thread from my daughter's dress (scissors)

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #209 on: May 25, 2013, 12:58:20 AM
I didn't use mine for anything, but my wife used the pink Signature Lite I gave her to open a package that came in the mail.  I was so proud!  :dd:

Oh, and the package was a couple of Xbox games for my son and I.  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD